New to PVP - Best Tier To Play For New Competitive Players

Hello everyone! Completed 3 regions and am now looking to build a Competitive team to earn some extra rewards. Any suggestions on best tier of PVP to play as a newcomer? Leaning towards building a UU team at the moment. Thanks in advance!  

I'd suggest Randoms to get used to the PvP mechanics that MMO have introduced (e.g. Gen 5 mons with gen 9 learnsets/abilities etc...) and then OU as it's the most popular tier and incredibly easy to find matches, meaning it'll be quicker for you to adapt against your opponents and come up with a solid teambuild/playstyle.

UU and NU are great, but unfortunately it's hard to find matches in this tier outside of tournaments.

OU is also the most stable in terms of not being affected by losing/gaining Pokemon in the tier, since all Pokemon can be used.

Edited by Imperial

Depends of what you're interessed. OU you had more liberty to choose mons to build around, Little Cup(non-official but ocassionally we had some unofficial tours of it.) is very fast and fun, randoms is a test to your luck. I only recommend to not go to Under Used. Slow and Boring metagaming.

2 hours ago, Zuladra said:

Looking for stable Meta and quick battles? Look no further than Double. The only downside being a long queue time due to most matches occurring in OU/Random.

Believe me i ve been talking about this for a long time, and nothing has been made to enhance lower tier (nu/uu/DuBz) 

And i do believe nothing will be made to fix this

I Just lost faith...

Accept that Those tiers are so bad and move on