3 encountered mons at the same time while fishing

Hello community, today while i was fishing i have encountered a luvdisc and a shellder at the same time ( double encounter ) and when i knocked them out another pokemon cam out directly ( Krabby ), i wonder if its a bug or its due to the lure effect even so its not mentioned with the info, this action remind me of how battles worked during last lunar event when we reach specefic waves, if you know anything about this if its normal or a bug please tell, have a good day ^_^IMG_20230510_012414.thumb.png.17b65904fac04596afcc92f7a506c6ff.pngScreenshot_20230510-012153.thumb.png.8e529629338b6ad2603c6cba9dc98143.png

I think sometimes (I could be wrong) but like the event it can call for another pokemon so it might not be a glitch

Just now, Xreactive said:

I think sometimes (I could be wrong) but like the event it can call for another pokemon so it might not be a glitch

Yeah tested on alt its not a bug

1 hour ago, lMadara said:

Didn't you use a lure by any chance?

Obviously yep

1 hour ago, Xreactive said:

Yeah tested on alt its not a bug

Yeah i just noticed that, its honestly nice, reminds me of SOS alot too xD

7 hours ago, Branaso said:

Hello community, today while i was fishing i have encountered a luvdisc and a shellder at the same time ( double encounter ) and when i knocked them out another pokemon cam out directly ( Krabby ), i wonder if its a bug or its due to the lure effect even so its not mentioned with the info, this action remind me of how battles worked during last lunar event when we reach specefic waves, if you know anything about this if its normal or a bug please tell, have a good day ^_^IMG_20230510_012414.thumb.png.17b65904fac04596afcc92f7a506c6ff.pngScreenshot_20230510-012153.thumb.png.8e529629338b6ad2603c6cba9dc98143.png

I don't understand how this works.. does this only occur when fishing? So it's like a horde of 3 mons but you have to kill 1 to reveal the 3rd mon? If this is the case with all lure encounters does that mean the 3rd poke can be shiny but if you decide to flee the pop up won't stop you because the 3rd mon which is potentially shiny hasn't been revealed? Tf I have a shit load of lure encounters and I never killed 1 mon to check if there pops up another :0.  I'm confused. 

Edited by Goku
10 hours ago, Branaso said:

we are playing pokemon sword and shield now lol i kept looking for a minute to figure out that another krabby appeared after the last 2 mons

6 hours ago, Goku said:

I don't understand how this works.. does this only occur when fishing? So it's like a horde of 3 mons but you have to kill 1 to reveal the 3rd mon? If this is the case with all lure encounters does that mean the 3rd poke can be shiny but if you decide to flee the pop up won't stop you because the 3rd mon which is potentially shiny hasn't been revealed? Tf I have a shit load of lure encounters and I never killed 1 mon to check if there pops up another :0.  I'm confused. 

so far i noticed that the third pokemon only comes when the first 2 mons gets knocked out at the same time ( not sure if it will come if i only kill a one, havent tested yet ), and about the third mon having the possibility of being a shiny and getting a warning before it even spawns, honesly i have no idea about this and i think we need a mod to clarify this for us

42 minutes ago, Bertolfoso said:

This has been the case since lures were released or close to it, you can get a similar behaviour with Honey Trees when you put 3 honey on a sigle tree and get a double encounter instead of triple

I have been wondering why I've been getting cheated on my honey trees😂