About the player capacity of OU tournaments

drifloo

Question

Hello. I'm a relatively new player on PMMO, and I mainly do PvP. I really like playing in tournaments, and I couldn't help but notice that they tend to get full a few seconds after people can sign up, especially in OU tournaments. It has happenned to me quite a few times even though I tried to sign up in the very first minute possible. So I'd like to ask, if it would be possible to expand the player capacity by adding one more round (right now I think is 96 max), which I think is a real shame, because rather than feeling like a tournament, it feels like a race for entering

4 answers to this question

I personally feel 128 player tournaments are fine and they don't need to expand it further.

Here's a trick - set up your teambuild around 5-10 minutes before the Tournament is about to begin. Once there's 5-10 seconds before the sign-ups start keep an eye until you see the notification that sign-ups are open. From there you should have around 30 seconds which is enough time to enter.

As long as you join the queue, if you're locked into your party instead of a battle box team you can customise your teambuild until the tournament officially starts. In practice, you have 15 minutes and whatever your team is locked into when the tournament starts is what you will use.

TLDR - As long as you have 6 Pokemon ready when you join the queue you can edit the team for the 15 minutes until the tournament officially starts.

I still think that's too little. In reality, by adding one more round, only 2 players would play more games than its currently possible (the finalists, they would play one more than its possible atm), and those players are already great enough that I think it would be pretty managable for such high level pvpers to battle one more round. For the other players, they would play just as many games as its already possible or less (for most), and if they are entering a tournament, that means they think of themselves able to at least play as many games as its possible rn. Thats my opnion. Unless theres some resources restrictions we are not aware of

By adding one more round you would be doubling the player pool from 96 to 192 or from 128 to 256, which would be a lot more generous and would let a lot more players to participate. I don't really see why one more round would be an issue

Edited by drifloo