[UUBL] Shaymin

13 minutes ago, GautSam said:

Banning it will be like wasting the potential of a pokemon which just got introduced in the game and waiting for Counter HAs/Legendaries will be like forever unless the devs purposely introduce them in next update just to make balance in PvP (which I doubt will happen because it's not worth it to just introduce new HAs and Legendaries just to counter 1 mon). 

At the moment there's no other solution considering that nerfs don't happen in lower tiers. Shaymin is clearly a problem in UU and if it's not good enough to be in OU because of better tools like Serperior, so be it and it'll suffer the same fate as Porygon-Z, Dugtrio and Haxorus who are stuck in BL1.

Regarding your second point, that's not necessarily true although maybe not for Shaymin. Once Serperior's HA was introduced and it was clear that there were hardly tools to handle it since there were barely any HAs added, the devs immediately introduced Crobat and Chandelure's infiltrator alongside Assault Gear.

Edited by Imperial
1 hour ago, Imperial said:

At the moment there's no other solution considering that nerfs don't happen in lower tiers. Shaymin is clearly a problem in UU and if it's not good enough to be in OU because of better tools like Serperior, so be it and it'll suffer the same fate as Porygon-Z, Dugtrio and Haxorus who are stuck in BL1.

Regarding your second point, that's not necessarily true although maybe not for Shaymin. Once Serperior's HA was introduced and it was clear that there were hardly tools to handle it since there were barely any HAs added, the devs immediately introduced Crobat and Chandelure's infiltrator alongside Assault Gear.

In that case I hope they introduce something to counter it soon otherwise it's gonna stuck in OU forever with almost no usage like Haxo and PZ. Dugtrio is still being used in some matches.

21 minutes ago, GautSam said:

In that case I hope they introduce something to counter it soon otherwise it's gonna stuck in OU forever with almost no usage like Haxo and PZ. Dugtrio is still being used in some matches.

Which its exactly where it should be, introducing a counter just brings a potential new layer of problems.

Nothing else needs to be said, shaymin should definitely be banned from UU.

Will it open up discussions for other pokemons that might be unhealthy for the tier? More than likely. But that is not shaymin's problem, that's simply one of the consequences of having an incomplete metagame + poor development decisions for PvP. 

In my opinion i feel like Shaymin is annoying, but not banworthy. Yes seed flare is a strong move but people forget that its biggest weakness is A the miss potentional and B it cant spam freely seed flare because of its low PP.

And like it got mentioned before, Shaymin is holding the dominating water mons and if we ban Shaymin ppl will complain about the strong water meta again.

With the add of Johto we might receive new HA`s that can work vs Shaymin as well.

3 hours ago, PoseidonWrath said:

In my opinion i feel like Shaymin is annoying, but not banworthy. Yes seed flare is a strong move but people forget that its biggest weakness is A the miss potentional and B it cant spam freely seed flare because of its low PP.

I agree with you about the miss potential and low pp of seed flare, however the big problem is that it has the -2 spdef drop. Shaymin could also use sleep powder so it doesn't have to spam seed flare all the time.

Personally I feel like the big three in the tier right now are Shaymin, Crawdaunt and Salamence.

Crawdaunt can be dealt with by poliwrath or bold salamence, Salamence can usually be dealt by umbreons or priority moves such as sucker punch while being weak to rocks.

However Shaymin doesn't have a 100% safe switch in, for example if empoleon comes in it can either get sleep powder'd or seed flare'd while taking a ton of damage. same goes for other shaymin switch ins aswell.

My suggestion would be to ban it until we have a reliable switch-in in the future, right now I think a lot of uu players do think that shaymin is a big problem and is dominating the uu tier.

I also hope that when Johto comes there will be something that can work vs shaymin but for now I think it shouldn't stay in the tier.

Edited by Justa102
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, to the joy of some and the anger of others, Shaymin just moved to UUBL with the offensive uber characteristics, I was thinking of making a post explaining this in more detail, but I think I clarified a lot of things when I made the suspect post.

Thank you all for giving your opinion, it really influenced a lot when making these votes.

The change will be made at the end of the season along with the rest of the movements.

image.png.138818f542dfb52437f2956711d846ae.png

Edited by Huargensy
  • Huargensy changed the title to [UUBL] Shaymin
  • Munya locked this topic