Quotes.

AzizFTW

What are your favourite quotes and why?

Whether it be from a movie, or a game, or whatever.

[quote]Private Joker/Private J.T. Davis: [Delivered in unison with his fellow soldiers] This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.[/quote]

From the movie; Full Metal Jacket.

[quote]“Supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”[/quote]

Sun Tzu.

I don't know. I just like these quotes. The first one, it just gives you "that feel".

[quote name='AzizFTW' timestamp='1365974534' post='285476']
What's that from? ._.
[/quote]

Lost, the T.V. show :) The words are not really interesting to someone who didn't watch/understand/enjoy the show but they are to someone who loved it.

I'd also like to add some serious favourite quotes:

[size=3][color=#333333][font=tahoma, sans-serif][i]"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated.[/i][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma, sans-serif][i]I hold that the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man."[/i][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma, sans-serif][i]~Gandhi[/i][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=tahoma, sans-serif][i]"Be kind whenever possible.[/i][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma, sans-serif][i]It is [b]always[/b] possible."[/i][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=tahoma, sans-serif][i]~14th Dalai Lama[/i][/font][/color][/size]

More, if you don't like me double posting, make a formal complaint to your senator/representative.

1 - Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

2 - The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

3 - The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.

~Carl Sagan

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.