[Official] Kanto Cup Tournament

[quote name='skazord' timestamp='1366326428' post='294852']
Yeah, having threads unlocked at the time of the signups opening is dumb. This causes massive lag, because people are all refreshing outside, and then come in and cause a lot more lag. It's just better to have people refreshing their profile, getting the time right, and post at the exact time, instead of what's happening right now.

The forum took literally 30 seconds to forward my post. And my internet is pretty fast (30Mb/s download, 8Mb/s upload)
[/quote]

This exactly, I posted the second it opened... but took 20 seconds to go in because of that stupid saving post bullshit

[quote name='DoctorPBC' timestamp='1366326258' post='294839']
This is fucking bullshit, the sheer amount of people made my computer lag and I didnt even get in the first 52 posts.... and it was 20 seconds in.

And the staff dont think change is needed
[/quote]

Yeh kinda, no not kinda, really dum how you got to compete even to compete.

I'm happy I got in but, to try hard and intensely try to focus with fingers sweating getting ready to type fastest possible is ridiculous.

[font=georgia,serif][size=8]YO NAITDAWG AND EVERYONE SIGNING UP FOR HIM:[/size][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][size=8][img]http://media.tumblr.com/bc6b17b4ab188a757c6817e544c205ba/tumblr_inline_mffuon4FNV1qfsdul.jpg[/img][/size][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][size=8][size=3]I tried to quote every person that signed up for you and this happened[/size][/size][/font]
[font=georgia,serif][size=8][size=3][img]http://i.imgur.com/RywaJdP.png[/img][/size][/size][/font]

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1366326438' post='294853']
That would be the shiny starmie and shiny horsea he was offering if he won the whole thing...umadbrah offered an egg just to get his name in, people went crazy for this. I do, however, think it should be done on a "you can only sign up for yourself" basis, but that's not my decision.
[/quote]

Considering Naitdawg did put in a signup for himself, that should be the only one that gets counted.
You normally have someone sign up for you because you can't be on the forums when sign ups occur, not having a ton of people attempt to get you in for a reward.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1366326544' post='294859']
Considering Naitdawg did put in a signup for himself, that should be the only one that gets counted.
You normally have someone sign up for you because you can't be on the forums when sign ups occur, not having a ton of people attempt to get you in for a reward.
[/quote]

He did say he couldn't make it, but then said he made it using his phone, which was a massive stroke of luck. Far be it from me to accuse anyone of lying, but I have to admit it looks a little suspicious.

[quote name='DoctorPBC' timestamp='1366326515' post='294855']
This exactly, I posted the second it opened... but took 20 seconds to go in because of that stupid saving post bullshit
[/quote]

²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²

[quote name='MrMasonMan' timestamp='1366326635' post='294865']
IGN: NaitDawg

[spoiler]On a serious note, I think we may decide on a better method of signup after this[/spoiler]
[/quote]

I suggest trying to get it done before the Eevee Cup.
God knows how those sign ups will go if its a free for all.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1366326786' post='294878']
If I were to be too lazy to actually count for myself how many people signed up before me, would anybody be able to tell me when the brackets and reserves lists are likely to be going up please?
[/quote]

The bracket will be up tomorrow morning.

This is supposed to be an organized event, and no one ever said how or where to sign up for this event... That's why I came late as many others did. They should at least give us all a chance and take 32 random people from all the posts between the 11:00 PM and 11:59 PM to be fair with everyone

Yeah they need better way to sign up, its not right having 5 other people signing you up. I know some people cant make sign ups but im sure we all have tournaments that we were not able to sign up for. I also believe just to make it harder to sign others up the IGN should atleast closely match your profile name.

[quote name='MrMasonMan' timestamp='1366326635' post='294865']
IGN: NaitDawg

[spoiler][b]On a serious note, I think we may decide on a better method of signup after this[/b][/spoiler]
[/quote]

Damn, ran out of positive votes

Also, if I counted right (probably counted Nait twice) there were 162 signups so far... wot

[quote name='LoganHunt' timestamp='1366326937' post='294884']This is supposed to be an organized event, and no one ever said how or where to sign up for this event[/quote]

[quote name='LoganHunt' timestamp='1366326937' post='294884']no one ever said how or where to sign up for this event[/quote]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qyIC9dr.jpg[/img]