[Denied]Implement a new channel (Ch.9) for Veteran players.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1367879681' post='323522']
Thank you sir, for pointing out the obvious.
[/quote]
That was really funny to me.

Also, refer to the first post about the veteran jargon.

[quote name='AstroSpud' timestamp='1367911486' post='324055']
I'm pretty sure I posted something in this thread, that was relevant, and now it's gone? Did I imagine making that post? What happened?
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure I remember that too.. I also think this was locked for a while?

[quote name='Dannnno' timestamp='1367912991' post='324074']
I'm pretty sure I remember that too.. I also think this was locked for a while?
[/quote]
It happens way too often. One moment the thread is locked another it's either trashed or reopen without any reason given (mostly it's obvious but still).

This thread really only has two purposes now:
1) To get the suggestion accepted or denied
2) Start debates based on human ideology.

[quote name='Niklebust' timestamp='1367927772' post='324213']
Maybe 350 hours or 200 active posts on the forum? Numbers can be discussed of course.
[/quote]

An hour requirement is much easier. The game would just check a value that already exists.

[quote name='CipherWeston' timestamp='1367974669' post='325149']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/DaYyz4W.png[/img]

I was all alone today...

[spoiler]I support this suggestion.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Channel 2 was so cancerous today. I tried to fix it. I just got called rude and an asshat.

[quote name='SgtAsh' timestamp='1367981199' post='325263']
Channel 2 was so cancerous today. I tried to fix it. I just got called rude and an asshat.
[/quote]

we took it back again today. to be fair it was just me n rae making sexual innuendo and cipher awkwardly commenting, but still

The whole point of a chat is to meet different people.

I don't see why you guys need a "oldies" only channel.
Newbies are fine, and trolls exist anywhere.

Soooo.. Having a channel like this would help, yes. But only in the short term.
In the long term trolls will be swarming in, just like what happened to chan2.

[quote name='Buenosan' timestamp='1368015367' post='325645']
The whole point of a chat is to meet different people.
[/quote]

No it isn't.

I don't see why you guys need a "oldies" only channel.
Newbies are fine, and trolls exist anywhere.
[/quote]

No they aren't. Nothing against newbies, but seeing the same questions about shinies/legendaries/storyline/jumpeon/pokemon locations over and over gets pretty damn annoying.

Also nobody ever said there'd be no trolls. There'd be a lot less people who make a new char just to troll a channel though since they can't get into the channel.

Soooo.. Having a channel like this would help, yes. But only in the short term.
In the long term trolls will be swarming in, just like what happened to chan2.
[/quote]

Everyone can enter ch2 though, not everyone can enter this channel. Of course there will be trolls, but you can't just make a new char and troll with it when your old char is muted/blocked by everyone (well guess you can still troll then, but trolls go quiet fast if you ignore them).

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1367812585' post='322378']
[b]Channel 9 is restricted to users who have [u]350+ hours, or donator status[/u].[/b] It has many benefits, which include :
1. [size=6]Better Channel Chat[/size]
[/quote]
We already have other channels that are empty most of the day just use them, a empty channel doesnt make it good and thats what you seem to want for this new channel. Even if players had the hours to access the new channel they would not as people like being around other people even if they are noobs. Who cares if you battle in a crowded area, if you dont like it just to go another empty channel or a new area.

TL:DR - We have a lot of empty channels, use them.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1368127225' post='327567']
As Voltaire said, "The perfect is the enemy of the good. "
[/quote]
Voltaire is dead what does he have to do with Pokemon or better yet your idea? The quote also refers to "perfection leading to no improvement" so by "perfecting" a channel will lead to no improvements to other channels. So by saying that you have contradicted yourself.

I feel this is pointless, global chat can easly be disabled, channel chat can easly be disabled. The only diffrence with "channel 9" is gonna be less people you can see walking around, and if you don't like that, then you should either go to channel 6 7 or 8, or you should pick up a gameboy and play fire red on that!

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1368216527' post='329094']
Voltaire is dead what does he have to do with Pokemon or better yet your idea? The quote also refers to "perfection leading to no improvement" so by "perfecting" a channel will lead to no improvements to other channels. So by saying that you have contradicted yourself.
[/quote]
The amount of dumb in this post is off the charts. Being dead doesn't make something one said less important. Also, people were saying that there would still be flaws with channel 9, due to possible trolls and dumb people. The search for perfection often leads people to disapprove of an imperfect improvement, such as channel 9. The phrase is used to discourage doing nothing, when a better option is a step away. If that's too difficult to understand, channel 9 is "the good" and the pie in the sky is "the perfect".

[quote name='LowTard' timestamp='1368221659' post='329226']
I feel this is pointless, global chat can easly be disabled, channel chat can easly be disabled. The only diffrence with "channel 9" is gonna be less people you can see walking around, and if you don't like that, then you should either go to channel 6 7 or 8, or you should pick up a gameboy and play fire red on that!
[/quote]

Once again, the point is not to make a lonesome channel. The point is to create a better channel with more experienced players. Disabling global or channel chat has no relevance as a rebuttal to channel 9.

[quote name='Conker' timestamp='1368181376' post='328551']
TL:DR - We have a lot of empty channels, use them.
[/quote]

Refer to the above response.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1368223324' post='329250']
The amount of dumb in this post is off the charts. Being dead doesn't make something one said less important. Also, people were saying that there would still be flaws with channel 9, due to possible trolls and dumb people. The search for perfection often leads people to disapprove of an imperfect improvement, such as channel 9. The phrase is used to discourage doing nothing, when a better option is a step away. If that's too difficult to understand, channel 9 is "the good" and the pie in the sky is "the perfect".
[/quote]

Please, take a seat. Take a deep breath and relax. Welcome to a calm state of mind and welcome to my house. I see we went off the wrong boat here. Now I ain't be hatin' on my home boy Voltaire he be birthday bros with me. I just could not believe one would use him ever in a suggestion box let alone an idea for a channel idea. We could turn this into analysing a quote of Voltaire but that ain't relevant to your idea. Your idea is good but the problem I see right now is isolating the new players enter channel chat only to know that they are surrounded by familiars who have no clue. That means no experienced players are there to help them or unless there is people that would leave the veteran channel to help people. Now, I ask you, how do you solve that?

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1368238214' post='329563']
That means no experienced players are there to help them or unless there is people that would leave the veteran channel to help people. Now, I ask you, how do you solve that?
[/quote]

CM's exist for a reason.
Ball is in your court now.

[quote name='JWingWangWong' timestamp='1368238214' post='329563']
That means no experienced players are there to help them or unless there is people that would leave the veteran channel to help people. Now, I ask you, how do you solve that?
[/quote]
Not everyone who meets the requirements will be in channel 9.
Many of the regulars don't meet the requirements for channel 9 yet.
People go on global or channel chat specifically to help people, out of the goodness of their heart.
Community Managers exist.
The internet exists.

[quote name='NaitDawg' timestamp='1368238798' post='329571']
Not everyone who meets the requirements will be in channel 9.
Many of the regulars don't meet the requirements for channel 9 yet.
People go on global or channel chat specifically to help people, out of the goodness of their heart.
Community Managers exist.
The internet exists.
[/quote]
But then you would admit that we would need a resource of good people and more community managers? This means hiring more people due to the absence of experienced players in veteran chat. Remember that community managers are more global orientated and new players can only talk in global until their 4th badge.

[quote name='Lust' timestamp='1368238409' post='329566']
CM's exist for a reason.
Ball is in your court now.
[/quote]
See above post. Ball served back.