Guts Tournament

Registration actually already finished

I guess you could still sign up, but it's unlikely you'll get in

Most tournaments have a registration time, when you post your IGN (after the time), but due to some reasons, this tournament's registration opened as soon as this topic was posted

Edit: one question dumu, why is sleep clause on the list?
Edit2: the post says sign IN, so that's when they'll start calling names and you respond, like a roll call
Edit3: btw thanks for bringing that to my attention......I need to change my alarm time now
Last? Edit: also, where will it be held?

Sleep Clause is on there because of reasons. I doubt anyone will actually get put to sleep due to all the status ailments but someone just might be running a Dragonair and a Pupitar for Shed Skin, so, who knows. It's a failsafe.

The tournament will be held at Saffron City Fighting Dojo.

Challonge Bracket: http://challonge.com/guts

The staff members doing the Status'ing will be Dumuzid and MrMasonMan. Please bring your own statused pokemon for the first round.

Fuck, I thought my work was finally over then your spring this on me.

I would rather people did, otherwise we wouldn't get the tournament started on time. In between matches we'll have two dedicated statusers as mentioned to help the process along.

Brackets updated due to the drop outs.

As a reminder, you will need quite a few super potions to top off your Pokemon's Health after being restatus'ed; if you choose not to, you are putting yourself at a disadvantage!

Tournament begins in 5 hours!

Make sure your Pokemon are pre-statused before matches start and that you have adequate Super Potions/PP Berries to top off your Pokemon!

Again, the tournament will be held at the Fighting Dojo on Channel 7.

explain to me in detail how the statusing of our pokemon is gonna work

we have to duel a CM/GM with a smeargle switch out over and over and let them status us and then kill the smeargle?

edit: also if thats the way we're doing it wont everyone just spectate the duel and see what 3 pokemon we're using?

we have to duel a CM/GM with a smeargle switch out over and over and let them status us and then kill the smeargle?

edit: also if thats the way we're doing it wont everyone just spectate the duel and see what 3 pokemon we're using?

Itll be in round 2 everyone will be able to have seen your team anyways unless you switch out.

I'm probably not going to be able to make it to this after all, my apologies. Best of luck to everyone participating. :)

Gotta drop out unfortunately, take me off the bracket.

Can't make it

so, no one mentioned if i could get in. im here waiting. also if anyone can offer help on the status thing that would be great.

are you new.

are you? im just asking for them to clarify the process for this tourny because its gonna be a shit show

[spoiler]

d3rpk1ck

Member Since 04 Feb 2013

[/spoiler]

-_- I meant new to tournaments. didn't mean to offend you mate. when you spectate you cant see people pokemon thats the only reason i ask.