[Denied]Saybox/Shoutbox on PokeMMO forums Main Page

It's a chat box blended into the main page of the PokeMMO forums. It's like yahoo messenger or windows live messenger or MSN, except everyone who comes to the site can read or reply to any messages.

The one I linked you to first link is kind of ghetto (in terms of graphics), but it's free and it works great. I put it on a site I used to run for some friends a long time ago. I no longer admin that site for several months now, but the players always used the say/shoutbox a lot when I was there.

It's more like the first one. I didn't know that was on the site anywhere. Actually after I looked around for a few minutes, I still don't see where you can click an icon or somethingthat takes you to that webchat page. Oh well, no big deal. I was mostly suggesting it for others. I thought other people might like a shoutbox thing.

• 5 months later...

well, in case you guys may be wondering, i still want it like post #8 in this thread.

i get on this talker here but nobody talks to me on there?

[spoiler]

07jm.png

[/spoiler]

i think it is because that one is kind of hidden.

pros:

1. they talk to me

2. increases possibility of me donating 2.5 to possibly 5 dollars

cons:

1. none i can think of at this time

ty for your time PokeMMO! :wub:

That would be stupid then. It should either been on the main page or in its owns tab (like one at beside the members tab at top). Shoving it in a sub section would kind of defeat it's point.

Also I suggested this like a year ago to no avail, as well as when I was a staff member to my knowledge they're not interested in changing the forums.

People lurk/post so much on these forums that it's pretty much an IRC on it's own. You can always use TeamSpeak...

I hate having to have several windows/programs/etc open just to communicate with people though.  I've always thought a more concerted method is better.

Also the forums have been dead as fuck recently

Not a good idea, the current staff can't even keep up with moderating the forums. I cannot see them too excited with taking on more (the chat would need to be moderated under their standards, I am assuming). Although it could be a bit interesting (if a live private messaging concept could occur) I do believe it would just end up as a global chat like setting, and spam. 

Actually, believe it or not, it tends to make the forums less cluttered with shit threads by people asking one sentence questions that have been asked 122384875 times before.

We all know they're not going to search for the FAQ thread if they won't even bother searching for their own question, but they will most likely ask in the shoutbox since they will see it right in front of them. 

I really like the way that AGE has them with one separate shoutbox for each big subforum (although not necessary for this community to be honest.)

People will just ask things in the shoutbox instead of making a thread that will give more chores to the mods. 

From my experience on a few forums I were a part of; it only decreases forum activity because discussions that could be talked about or questions that could be answered on the forum are being talked about on the chat box. You might as well delete any off-topic forums/categories if you go through with the idea. This forum is quite organized and active. The main reasons I enjoy posting here. I'm not so much of a chat box fan.

well, in case you guys may be wondering, i still want it like post #8 in this thread.

i get on this talker here but nobody talks to me on there?

[spoiler]

07jm.png

[/spoiler]

i think it is because that one is kind of hidden.

pros:

1. they talk to me

2. increases possibility of me donating 2.5 to possibly 5 dollars

cons:

1. none i can think of at this time

ty for your time PokeMMO! :wub:

You have to wait at least a day before a response what are you doing. Also if you wanted a shoutbox and make IRC relevant why not make IRC integrated into the forums instead of using a shoutbox. Unfortunately this idea won't happen for one reason and one reason only:
Desu hates plugins.