[Denied]Remove Happiness drop when trading Pokemon

Sadly, this thread isn't going anywhere.

I can't understand why, tbh. Apparently, Return isn't a good competitive move, and can therefore be easily replaced (lol). Apparently, the false assumption that your pokemon is "happy" (when happiness is nothing more but a number) is more important than actually using the number for its actual purpose.

With the changes that have been implemented in the past, I assumed people would be interested in cutting down the bullshit while improving the gameplay in general. But the "realism" argument seems to be stronger than that (which to be honest, amazes me, since we're talking about a Pokemon game).

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to carry 1000 berries in my backpack and feed my pokemon a few hundred of those whenever I trade it, can't let my pokemon be unhappy, can I?

The "Happiness-log" Idea sound like a fun one, but that would make for a bunch of work for what could be a simple fix or a negligible downside to trading a Pokemon. 

In my opinion, the trade reduction to happiness of any sort seems to be very disruptive to competitive play and an unfair disadvantage to players who use Return. Please remove or apply some sort of fix to this situation. 

+1

or how bout this just something that popped in my head. using pokemon pikachu edition as a reference when you trade your pikachu to a person and trade it back it was slightly pissed at you for a bit after like 3 steps it was all happy again (that is if it was happy with you before) so how bout on pokemon that you traded and got back only reduce its happiness by like idk 15-25% but if a person keeps it the happiness with be at its default value....just an idea :/

still -1 on my vote

This suggestion has the same progress as the "Run in Lavender Town" suggestion. It's a great suggestion, but people make assumptions based on their preconceived imagination that it shouldn't be there. I support this suggestion because it's just a money waster when you lose happiness.

This suggestion has the same progress as the "Run in Lavender Town" suggestion. It's a great suggestion, but people make assumptions based on their preconceived imagination that it shouldn't be there. I support this suggestion because it's just a money waster when you lose happiness.

"B-but the game needs to look real..." - Most people posting here, while they make their pixels 100% happy for no reason besides 2 moves (except pokemon that evolve through happiness).

Since my post got deleted I'll have to explain those pictures now ugh.

"B-but the game needs to look real..." - Most people posting here, while they make their pixels 100% happy for no reason besides 2 moves (except pokemon that evolve through happiness).

Yea it's kind of stupid and to be honest I feel that it's better to make a game "play real" than it is to "look real."
 [hr]
Take these pictures for an example:
[spoiler]
858e1a7120c9c149abdce41426a6204c.png f65703dda00e01c31178906021dee52a.png\
80798d1115f957096a5e1986ad9a77f5.pnga5aa05fd2bc7b99f6358b8eaeb5b939c.png
[/spoiler]
At first they just look like pixels with words changed on it, but guess what that's exactly what it looks like when a Pokemon gets labelled with happiness. They don't change expressions in the game if they are more happy they still have that same look when they "absolutely hate you" or when they "love you to death". When they get traded to another Pokemon their face still seems the same and all that changes is their happiness percent. I mean, it goes down to like 27% or something and all I need to do is buy 80 tomato berries and it's like what's the point. It feels like I wasted money for no reason whatsoever and it could have gone to more important things like Pokeballs, potions or even vitamins. Bottom line losing happiness percentage at trade is unnecessary, it wastes money, and it wastes time.

[spoiler] Since I have to rant about chances are it won't be accepted :( [/spoiler]

Since my post got deleted I'll have to explain those pictures now ugh.

Yea it's kind of stupid and to be honest I feel that it's better to make a game "play real" than it is to "look real."
 [hr]
Take these pictures for an example:
[spoiler]
858e1a7120c9c149abdce41426a6204c.png f65703dda00e01c31178906021dee52a.png\
80798d1115f957096a5e1986ad9a77f5.pnga5aa05fd2bc7b99f6358b8eaeb5b939c.png
[/spoiler]
At first they just look like pixels with words changed on it, but guess what that's exactly what it looks like when a Pokemon gets labelled with happiness. They don't change expressions in the game if they are more happy they still have that same look when they "absolutely hate you" or when they "love you to death". When they get traded to another Pokemon their face still seems the same and all that changes is their happiness percent. I mean, it goes down to like 27% or something and all I need to do is buy 80 tomato berries and it's like what's the point. It feels like I wasted money for no reason whatsoever and it could have gone to more important things like Pokeballs, potions or even vitamins. Bottom line losing happiness percentage at trade is unnecessary, it wastes money, and it wastes time.

[spoiler] Since I have to rant about chances are it won't be accepted :( [/spoiler]

Are you trying to argue for or against the happiness drop?  Because this game needs more money sinks, they won't be removing one.

It is playing real, exactly as it does in the cartridges.

"Play real" doesn't mean playing it like the cartridge at all. It means having gameplay that works better and more natural. Isn't the point of PokeMMO to make a better experience?

Are you trying to argue for or against the happiness drop?  Because this game needs more money sinks, they won't be removing one.

Alright Munya, I'll make a suggestion you cannot deny.

So what if the trading stayed the same and you do get a happiness drop, BUT you can pay a certain in-game money fee (varied by the percentage loss) to maintain the original happiness of said traded Pokemon. This isn't pay to win because said method could be done by berries. Then you might say "why not buy berries to do the same?" and that reason can already be answered for a simple response: no one likes clicking berries multiple times when they could be doing something easier. So it solves your problem of not having money sinks because this idea is a money sink. 

How much would you value the amount of money that the time saved would net you @?

You can't put an answer to that because people's times are different from each other. Assuming you are also referring going to Resort Gorgeous to go get said money you can do that before or after when getting berries. So you really do not save time because where you lose the most time is in battles not in berry feeding. I do not see how it would be directly relevant to the idea because you're going to play the game either way. 

Can you prove it in PokeMMO terms not IRL terms. Because even then if that's a problem you could simply add a percentage fee to that idea. There's simple things to solve subjective ideas.

There are enough battles, persians, etc to make money constantly in pokemmo, why do you need proof on this?

There are enough battles, persians, etc to make money constantly in pokemmo, why do you need proof on this?

Because it proves the idea is not flawed/exploitable at all. Your current issue with it is that three to five minutes is given to make money so if that's the case add an additional fee to counter that issue. So what is there to prove at this point? Nothing.

Because it proves the idea is not flawed/exploitable at all. Your current issue with it is that three to five minutes is given to make money so if that's the case add an additional fee to counter that issue. So what is there to prove at this point? Nothing.

Okay, 5million sounds like a fair price.

Seriously, if you are going to delete my post Im going to make another one that does comply with the rules. I am super confused why it was deleted in the first place. :S

Okay, 5million sounds like a fair price.

Sarcasm = no more to say.

All I hope now is to see an official response to what they think about removing happiness. I honestly feel it will stay the same because as Munya said they need a money sink to allow for users to spend their money on. But hey, suggestions don't hurt to put on here as long as they have some logic to it, right?