Pokemon Borrowing: Time Limited and Automated

Shiing

Question

You should be allowed to temporarily borrow an individuals pokemon in different intervals such as 1 battle or maybe even 5 battles. Or until the trainer wants the pokemon back. Time limits could work also. Once the time is up the pokemon could be transported back into the party if there is needed space if not it can be sent to the available pokemon box. Just thought it would be a nice idea.

19 answers to this question

Yeah, being an MMO, you can't always trust somebody who acts like your friend the same way as you can trust an IRL friend. Fact is, there are a lot of people who would scam / steal.

True, but I believe that there would be failsafes implemented too where if the person who borrowed the Pokemon logged out, the borrowed Pokemon would go back to its OT. It also would be untradable, and not able to be put in the PC.

I don't really think it's necessary, all this encourages is even greater begging and skipping past certain parts of the game with overpowered Pokemon.

I've run through the story almost twice now, and soon to be starting a third time. If I can do this without receiving a single Pokemon from someone else, and catching them all myself (the only exception being an Alakazam, that I traded and retraded to evolve) twice, then so can everyone else.

This'll also ruin tournaments and dueling, all you need to do is borrow some good natured, good IV and EV trained Pokemon from your friends, and you'll easily rape others without having to do any of the original work yourself. This game doesn't need to be made easier, it's pretty easy as it is, and if you can't get past a certain point in the story, you're clearly not raising your Pokemon correctly.

Pros:

-Lowers the level of required trust between players (right now most people trust nobody)

-Would be good for teams who share pokemon

-Increased number of services that people can trade for

Cons:

-Trying to 'scam' by putting pokemon on temporary trade in a real trade

• Counter: Make it very obvious that the pokemon trade is temporary and make the return date/time in large font

-Inflation of good pokemon if they lend out godly breeders (only a few people do this, trust issues)

• Counter: Temporary pokemon are unable to breed