[Generic Introduction Thread]

Hello everyone :)

I used to be a very active battler and moderator on a forum called Pokecharms, though I resigned about three years ago when life got in the way. I look forward to building myself up into the higher ranks on this site as well [I wanna be the very best and all that, blah blah :P ]

I don't have anything to offer right now, but I love to be helpful to anyone I meet; feel free to ask me for anything should you encounter me or otherwise just see that I have something you want. I enjoyed breeding various pokemon and was specifically in charge of team building advice on the forum above, better known for using strategies out of the norm when possible and helping people use the pokemon they preferred rather than telling them "No, that's a terrible pokemon, use Skarmory to physical tank instead"

I can't really think of anything else. Wish me luck ;)

[Edit]

Favorite battling pokemon is Smeargle, for the record. Thought I don't believe I'll be using it here since I can't choice scarf it.

Welcome!!!!

I love your Avatar

Thank you, I'm not quite sure how it uploaded... I'm going to throw a guess that it stole it from my email address because I certainly didn't choose to display it. Nevertheless, Its the handiwork of an old friend on a different forum :)

Welcome to the community, good luck.

Thanks much B)

Welcome :3

Also, Smeargle with focus sash in generation 5 > Smeargle with choice scarf!

With the moveset of: Agility/ Belly Drum/ Spore/ Ingrain. 2OP

Have endless sandstorms died back since Gen IV? Focus sash was such a risk in my opinion without being on a Sun/Rain based team with all of the rampant Tyranitar + Garchomp. REGARDLESS.... I think you forgot room for Baton Pass in that set :wacko:

My favorite Gen IV smeargle set up was Spore, Destiny Bond, Trick, Transform with a choice scarf. Purpose was to heavily disable at least one pokemon with spore or trick, depending on what it was, and then use the other of the two on a different pokemon later. Destiny Bond and Transform for more specific situations, Transform was a great, unexpected sucker punch in many battles for me. Can't remember the exact spread of EVs, but I made it impossible to OHKO with any priority moves, with one pointless exception - Absol could OHKO with sucker punch... but you can see why that wouldn't be a problem :P

Have endless sandstorms died back since Gen IV? Focus sash was such a risk in my opinion without being on a Sun/Rain based team with all of the rampant Tyranitar + Garchomp. REGARDLESS.... I think you forgot room for Baton Pass in that set :wacko:

My favorite Gen IV smeargle set up was Spore, Destiny Bond, Trick, Transform with a choice scarf. Purpose was to heavily disable at least one pokemon with spore or trick, depending on what it was, and then use the other of the two on a different pokemon later. Destiny Bond and Transform for more specific situations, Transform was a great, unexpected sucker punch in many battles for me. Can't remember the exact spread of EVs, but I made it impossible to OHKO with any priority moves, with one pointless exception - Absol could OHKO with sucker punch... but you can see why that wouldn't be a problem :P

Well, I encounter TTar and other Pokémans who have either sand stream or anything that lets them damage my Smears after I've spored them very rarely.

Oh, and lel, I forgot to add in Smeargle classic baton pass ;-; Baton pass/ Spore/ Belly Drum/ Agility.

Though I love using baton pass based teams, I have several sets for Smears.

The following is for when I sweep with Marowak, I can make him extremely bulky and incapable of switching out by adding ingrain and taking out agility. I then put calm mind on Espeon/Blissey (get +6 sp.attk and +6 sp.def( yeah, yeah, sp.attk stop laughing ;_; ) and then pass all the boosts onto Vaporeon and acid armor up to +6, and then pass it over to Marowak.

It works about half of the time, but you get that glowing feeling inside when you succeed and you attempt it again ;-;

Also, that Smeargle set you've stated sounds great :3 I'm gonna try it out in Showdown.

One of my best matches ever:

Smeargle2good4u

Sorry if it would've been smarter to say hi a while ago, but anyway ...

Welcome to the amazing world of PokeMMO, where anything can happen! 

(seriously, anything)

I am Meai, quite a newbie (on this account, I remember the old days :3) myself, so I like to say hi to other new members ... So hi! <3:)

That's a great prediction on the roost in the video, and I like the setup chain. I've never been one for using Baton Pass teams [though I tried it with Ninjask myself, and then later changed it into a U-turn machine], but I do consider a victory by forfeit the best kind B)

And thanks again everyone for the welcoming party :D