[Story] PokeMMO Stories: Write your own adventure!

This is a topic for people that would like to make up a story for their Pokemon/trainer. This can be an story for a species (keeping in mind the History of the Pokemon World already established in canon sources), a single Pokemon, your team, your trainer, whatever you want as long as it is related to Pokemon trainers and/or Pokemon you have/want.   :) Have fun y'all. 

Your submissions should be in prose, not poetry. Your submission can be any length, but some seriousness should go into what is submitted. By seriousness, I mean that you don't say something like "I'm from space." or "I tried to log in but couldn't the end." Because they won't be included in the Table of contents for this. 

Figured this would be a great way for people to exercise their "imagination" muscles, especially when they get that Pokemon they have always wanted!

spongebob-imagination-animated.gif

Table of contents:

1. Mei the Dancing Mawile by: PizzaRice
  2. Reserved
  3. Aesprika and NarueMoon's Joining by: NarueMoon
  4. Steven Ray's Adventure into the Pokemon World by: Dev
  5. Gallium the Shiny Slugma's Origin Story by Oluthon
  6. Unofficial  by Breeder
  7. Castform Forever, the Dead Rain Cloud by hallo
  8. Story of the Farfetch'd Master by Surfintygrr
  9. Roar's Creepy. Alternate Universe Pallet Town by RoarArrogance.
  10. My Father's Gift by MajorHarper
  11. Press Start by Breeder
  12. A New Beginning by KazumaRin

Note: I will update the Table of Contents as submissions are reviewed.

Note #2: If you want to chat about the stories here that is totally okay, but that also will not be in the Table of Contents.

Note #3: If you have no title for your story, I'll be making one up :D

d153a71e2377b6402daf12e12bd18245.gif

This is my Mawile named Mei. She was but a weee lil egg when I found her but when she hatched, boy was she a spirited one. She dislikes being kept on her pokeball so she travels on foot with me, sometimes having to sit on my shoulder b/c she tires herself out from doing random stuff such as dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4

"It is time, Aesprika." -I said in my last moments of my life to my Gardevoir. He answered with a nod, lifting up his hands.

The space around him was getting absorbed by the inmesurable psychic power. Black holes and space storms was filling the entire galaxy, Milky Way17R7. 

You could hear the yells of my Gardevoir and mine's, like we were one. Such a god-like scene was impossible to ignore for all the living beings in the multiverse, who could see what was happening due to the absurdly amount of mental power we were generating, connecting us to everything in existence.

We were doing it. We were moving the entire multiverse with our telekinesis. Both my Gardevoir and my body were falling apart, we couldn't resist much more, but that didn't stop us. The pain means nothing compared to the existence of reality.

We did it. We succeeded in moving the multiverse to another reality.

And that's how we saved reality from that fucking giant kakuna.

Then I died.

It was horrible.

Sweat dripped from his brow, every pedal of the bike strained his body, the pain was like a thousand needles jabbing at the back of his legs. He thought about only two things in that cave: how the sweat stung his eyes more than usual (probably from all the ash and dirt in the cave), and how great it would be to find what he was searching for. Every one that he saw reminded him of the fact he was in a furnace- a furnace powered by living lava. He had been near the volcano's for nearly six days searching. 'This is like walking around a giant oven! Why did I ever think that this was a good idea!?' he thought to himself. His outfit was getting soaking wet. He only knew he had been in the cave for six days because he had scratched numerals into the wall. Without the sun, it felt like one long day. 

He had food, provisions bought in Saffron and Boon Island for his quest. Plenty of Leppa Berries, MooMoo Milk, and Lava Cookies in his backpack for Marowak's burns. These also sufficed as food, since he certainly couldn't eat any of the rocks that littered the cave. Upon thinking of the contents contained within his backpack,  his stomach made a low sound that made him feel very empty. The Lava Cookies didn't taste too bad, although since they were made in Lavaridge Town, they had gotten slightly stale. The ash seemed to cling to them more than to his clothes, which didn't help the taste. The MooMoo Milk helped to wash it down well enough,but there was still a crunch in his mouth when he had consumed it all.

He knew what he was searching for was here somewhere. He had to be vigilant, patient, and (most of all) quiet. He tried sleeping. After looking for 12 hours consecutively (just on that day alone), he had to try to stay sharp. He enjoyed the heat when he slept since it didn't require him to bring a blanket. However, something woke him from his slumber. Somehow, he knew what he wanted should be right around the corner, it had to be here. It was like some part of him sensed his own destiny. It didn't sleep, and somehow he never could in his life either. Then in the corner of his eye, he saw IT.

His eyes widened. Right there in front of him was his prize! It shimmered like solid chrome, but oozed and bubbled with an eerie effect. Something was different about this one aside from the obvious silver coloration. The heat didn't blast him in the face like all the others, but why? Quickly and without a second thought, he sent Marowak upon this beautiful specimen. She quickly subdued it with a False Swipe.

The caught it with a very special ball he had. The ball was a Cherish Ball, passed down to him from his mother.  She had been given the ball from a man in Johto, by the name of Kurt. He made it out of a blend of Apricorns: a Red Apricorn with Blk Apricorn trim. The Blk Apricorn lent a sense of class, as well as a sleek and modern feel to the ball's red coloration. It had an almost hourglass look to it, and it did not have a silver button like most of the Pokeballs he had seen. The button was red, with a thin black ring around the outside edge. More Blk Apricorn was inlaid in a horizontal, pill shaped bar that extened to only allow a small space of Red Apricorn on the sides of the button.Another thin strip of the Red Apricorn ran through the middle of the horizontal black inlay. He was overjoyed as the ball hit and opened. He finally caught it.

Once the ball had finished doing its work, he was overjoyed! The Cherish Ball had returned to his hands and he immediately sent it out again. Finally getting to see why it didn't make him feel like a Lava Cookie in a Hoenn oven -he also discovered something else- "It" was a "she". She was made out of a very strange substance. It was cool to the touch, but still oozed like the others. She had, in fact, formed out of a metal; melting and convalescing into a life form in the crust of the earth. She wouldn't hurt herself if she stopped moving, and she could be held, without melting his hands. 

"Oh, I see!" he said aloud. "I will name you after your elemental makeup! Gallium!" She cooed with approval.  Then, as if smelling something he had in his pack, she was searching for something she wanted to eat. It was Charcoal he used to draw pictures of Pokemon he liked. She chewed on it like it was a rawhide. "I'll remember to keep my bag stocked with those, girl!" he said as they set off. Out of the cave, and into the light.

screenshot_1367309870_zps2e746c11.png

Unofficial

By Breeder

So, there's a lot of theories about how the universe was created, about how the legendaries and their beginnings, why they exist, etc. But, there has always been one flaw that I have seen with these theories. Arceus came out of an egg. Not just any egg, but an egg from nowhere.
So, being the guy I was, I decided to go ahead and try to ask around, see what other people thought. I'm from Hoenn myself, but at this time I was living in Viridian city, Kanto. I have 4 pokemon, I've never really had the need for any more quite honestly. Being a resident of Hoenn, my majority on my team were indeed from there.

My highest leveled, and favorite, pokemon is my Slaking, who is level 44. He was a level 1 slakoth when I got him about 2 years prior. He is the only relevant pokemon to this story, and quite honestly the only pokemon I remember from that time. I'm pretty sure I had a shroomish. I can't really remember, they are all long passed.

Whether it was instinct or something greater, I don't know. But, I decided to visit Gary 'Blue-Green' Oak, the local gym leader, and the strongest gym leader in all of Kanto. While he himself had no clue about the stories (and was quite angry at the fact that I just waltzed into his gym and didn't bother fighting him), he did refer me to his grandfather, Professor Samuel Oak. It took some time for me to remember exactly who that was, as the most prominent professor at this time was Professor Rowan, and where I am from the professor was Birch, but after a few seconds I remembered that Samuel Oak was actually at one point the leading researcher on all of pokemon.

Oak lived in Pallet at the time, with his wife who was about 5 years younger than he. I found his wife initially and asked her about what she thought on the origin story. She said that she believed that Arceus was so powerful, it simply "willed itself into existence". I wasn't satisfied.
She directed me towards Samuel, who was in an old abandoned hollow building to the southwest of their house. Before I left, Ms. Oak asked me if I was going on some sort of expedition. I told her possibly. She told me to find her son, a kid who I never personally found, I think his name was ray. Rex, possibly. She said he was missing for a long time. I told her I'd do my best. I really did, too.

I entered the building, and it was almost sad. Samuel was looking around at all the equipment, fiddling with it. From what I understood, this place had been his lab at some point in the distant past. It's where that Rex kid got his first pokemon, and where he proceeded to go on an adventure. I think I'd heard of him at some point, I can't remember. Apparently he took down a criminal syndicate?

Samuel was kind enough, but he was expressing symptoms of heavy Alzheimer's. He was having trouble recollecting anything, even the very conversation we were having. I thought that I would be disappointed at this place, because there was no way he could remember anything about the origin of Arceus, but I was surprisingly mistaken. Samuel was able to explain that, according to Professor Rowan, Arceus is able to be summoned. The place of summoning is very specific, though. It was in the Sinnoh region. I didn't have the money to get to Sinnoh, nor was I dedicated enough to go, but it was interesting to hear. Rowan was, at the time, living in Johto, which was not nearly as far as Sinnoh. I decided to go to Johto, as it was a pretty quick journey from Viridian City.

I considered what pokemon to bring, and decided on Slaking, as he was the most able bodied pokemon I had at the time. It took me 5 days to get to Johto, as I didn't have the correct badges to surf, and I lacked swimming knowledge. Also, there were rumors of Gyarados in the water, and I didn't want to deal with that while swimming.

I heard that Rowan adopted Samuel's radio show in Goldenrod City, so that's where I naturally decided to go. Luckily for me, there was a biker who was willing to give me a ride to Goldenrod city. Not just any biker, though. It was the current champion of the Indigo Pokemon League. His name was Yell, but most people called him Yellow, because of the common characteristic of champions being named after colors and gems.

I chatted with him, and he gave me an egg. He told me I'd appreciate it. I would later come to find out that in this egg was a shiny slakoth, that Yellow had bred himself. He told me he had no use for it, as he was considering quitting pokemon all together. The egg didn't hatch for a little over 4 years, so I didn't know this until much after this journey.

I'll cut out some other little bits, as they are not quite as interesting. I did, however, stop a robbery with my egg, but that's a story for another day.

Outside of the Goldenrod radio station was Rowan. Apparently, Samuel was able to get his shit together for long enough to call Rowan and let him know that someone was coming to talk to him.

Rowan and I chatted about the creation of Arceus, as mythology was his area of expertise. He told me that I was not the first to question Arceus' creation, as he too had pondered it. He decided to take a break from his radio show for a couple of weeks so that we could visit a place that he stated would have the answer.

Rowan flew us out to a strange region. I don't know the name of it, and no one I know or knew knows the name either. I would ask Rowan, but I cannot, and you know precisely why if you keep up with the times. This region held no residents from what I saw, but I never noticed any towns, either. Rowan stated he had come here several times before, and that he had once seen a town of not people, but pokemon, who traded and spoke in a strange language. We came across several pokemon that spoke what appeared to be languages, all of which would dodge any pokeballs thrown at them. There was pokemon here you would not believe, and things that made no sense. Rowan noticed that many of these pokemon appeared to be evolutions of known pokemon, but as before, that is a topic for another day.

We found the place he was looking for. He dubbed it "Mt. Sun" as a joke on Mt. Moon in Kanto. The cave was huge with an open top, and it was bright as could be at all times. At the top of the mountain were words inscribed in a language similar to Unown, but different. It was pretty simple to translate, as, like unown, they were very similar to our alphabet. The words on it, I cannot tell, both for my lack of remembering and for my lack of wanting to make anyone go crazy. The words described things about the world, and everything that we know. But, it also tells of the future, and even farther in the past.

Basically, what I'm trying to tell you is, there are more legendaries out there, of which have a purpose just like the others. Some legendaries are impossible to reach any time within the next 500 years, while others...
Well, others are literally under your feet.
Arceus should not be considered god. He is not. Nor is he the son of god. The inscriptions didn't even know the full story. But, they do explain where Arceus' egg came from.
Having heard everything thus far, would it surprise you to hear that space itself is a pokemon?

I left slaking there. That's where he requested to stay. How I knew that, I really don't know. Rowan told me about how he had read that 100 times, and it all still baffles him. I left that strange region, and have tried to go back. The whole world is mapped today, yet that mysterious place is not on any maps.

My name? It's irrelevant. All that matters is that you know that there is always more than meets the eye.

You don't have to believe this story. It is unofficial, after all.

With love,
The Regionless Professor

Note from the Author:

If you think this story sucks huge piles of donkey shit, let me know. I can delete it. That's why you have that option on posts.
This story is inspired by my best shiny pokemon, an adamant slakoth. I had forgotten about shiny pokemon when I caught it, so I made up a huge story about how I got it from travelling to the "Synic" region. I made this story up when I was really young, mind you.
I also liked the idea of Professor Oak being senile. I don't know, he always seemed like he had Alzheimer's when he asked what his grandson's name was, so I was inspired by that.
There was a lot of interesting things for you to fill in the blanks on in this story, and I would technically count it as an origin story for Arceus or, at least, my shiny slakoth.
Sorry for any spelling errors I looked up any words I was unsure on.
Anyways, I love the stories so far. Great thread Oluthon!

Note from the Author:

If you think this story sucks huge piles of donkey shit, let me know. I can delete it. That's why you have that option on posts.
This story is inspired by my best shiny pokemon, an adamant slakoth. I had forgotten about shiny pokemon when I caught it, so I made up a huge story about how I got it from travelling to the "Synic" region. I made this story up when I was really young, mind you.
I also liked the idea of Professor Oak being senile. I don't know, he always seemed like he had Alzheimer's when he asked what his grandson's name was, so I was inspired by that.
There was a lot of interesting things for you to fill in the blanks on in this story, and I would technically count it as an origin story for Arceus or, at least, my shiny slakoth.
Sorry for any spelling errors I looked up any words I was unsure on.
Anyways, I love the stories so far. Great thread Oluthon!

Dude, this is pretty good. Maybe a few editing fixes that could happen, but otherwise pretty good. I appreciate that you like what I am trying to do! Makes me feel pretty good about having this here and keeping it going! THIS is the kind of stuff I like to see here!

Castform_zps06315114.jpg

It was a very jolly night, the night i found out My  second favorite pokemon castform was in the game. I hunted for hours til i got a modest good iv'd castform. And that night i cuddled with my Castform more that I usually would have. I dont know why maybe it was because i felt something wasnt right, im not sure, but i decided to call the castform Castform Forever.
The Next day i awoke to find my castform brutally murdered and a Illuminise standing in its place
my life was never the same since that day

RIP CASTFORM

Story of the Farfetch'd master.

"Son, it is time," said the old man. They walked out into the meadow in search of what would be this new trainer's first pokemon. A wild rattata appeared and was quickly caught with use of an ultraball. "You can start out your days of becoming a trainer with this," said the father. "But, I want that one over there!" pointing out into the middle of the pond of island four where a small little duck was just floating around. "Son those things are almost extinct. They are called farfetch'd, and they are almost extinct for a reason from what everyone says." "I don't care, I want it!" 

The father had deep regrets of getting this ch'ding for Dolan so it never happened.

Until that night.

"Hey, come here!" The farfetch'd looked at Dolan as if he was a full fledged retard or something. The farfetch'd slowly made his way over to investigate. "I got you this." Dolan handed the farfetch'd a leek from the kitchen. The farfetch'd grabbed the vegetable so quickly and immediately fell in love. It looked up at dolan. "Farffffetch'd?" "Yes, farfetch'd. Whatever that means. Will you be my friend?" and from that day on, Dolan knew he was going to bring this species of pokemon into a proportional existence once again.

i cri evrytiem.

• 3 weeks later...

It all started for me in a little town. A town called pallet. The town used to be very quite back in the day, only a small population. Well, that's what my mother tells me anyway. "That little shit ash and oaks grandson, what's his name again? Gary. Both, of them. Little shits" she says. All the time. "I know mom, you told me" I always say. Ash was killed by his charizard in a horrible accident about 3 years ago and this town has not been the same since then. I know its heartless but that guy dying what the best thing to happen to Kanto. Tourism is through the roof. Medical research on humans is getting better, now that they are not thinking about only the Pokemon all the time. Back in the bad people used to use those Pokeballs for catching Pokemon. Now, they are using for jails. Good idea I guess. Saves money and space. Pokemon has also been wiped out. Thor remembers only one. they say its a.. ermm .. mew? What ever that is? That crazy professor is looking for it. You know the, the guy I told you about before. he seems to only ever be by himself over in that lab. sometimes there are kids over there too. Kids my age. Oh, By the way. My name is James. i am 9. I went to see him once. He asked me if i wanted to play with his camera? i said yes. I love cameras. he started taking photos of me and other little boys. He started removing our clothes and... well. He is locked up now. 

I hate Pokemon. 

(now fuck off with this thread! :D )

My Dad didn’t like Pokémon. For him, Pokémon were a job and one he didn’t much enjoy. So when I expressed enthusiasm about Pokémon he was less than supportive. He wanted me to make something of my life. He didn’t want to see me standing on corners battling with our trainers. He felt like life should be more than that. Sometimes, when I’m downhearted after a defeat, I wonder if he wasn’t right.

I lived in the city. Growing up where I lived, Pokémon came out of poke balls. The few 'wild' Pokémon around were useless types. The occasional rattata, a grimer found in the sewers, or an unfortunate Pokémon that had been released by a trainer. It was my dad's job to trap these Pokémon. The less said about what he did with them, the better. He worked for the city, he was a decent guy. But sometimes he couldn’t release the Pokémon back into the wild, sometimes they were destroyed.

When I discovered that one day, I was inconsolable. I loved Pokémon and the idea that my dad, my dad was destroying 'unwanted' Pokémon was too much to bear. I, who wanted one so bad. He, who wouldn’t let me get one for fear of it ruining my life. This man, this 'monster', well, it caused a rift in our relationship.

I was 10 when my friends started getting their Pokémon. The crowd I hung out with worshipped trainers. We followed their exploits, lived vicariously through their triumphs and we were devastated when our favorites lost. We also all looked up to Tony, his Dad was the gym leader in town. We were all so envious. When he got his Pikachu we were so jealous. My best friend got a bulbasaur around the same time. Tony had always been sort of aloof to us, but he really cooled down to me and my friends when he saw that bulbasaur! My other friends also got their Pokémon. None as cool as those two, but cooler than my complete lack of Pokémon. Heck, I was even jealous of my friend Joey’s ratatta!

I finally spoke to my father about Pokémon. We hadn’t talked in a while, but I thought if he knew how important to me it was, maybe he’d change his mind? I mean, he could bring one home for work, or I could trap one on my own. The conversation ended in an argument. Yelling. It was the first time I had ever yelled at my old man. I swear, when I called him a monster, I though, just for a moment, he might hit me. My mother came into the room and shouted at me for being so disrespectful.

I ran to my room with tears in my eyes, the downpour of rain outside seemed to mirror my anguish. I heard my mother speaking quietly to my father and then loudly. And then I heard the door slam. I assumed my old man had left. Probably to sit at a bar all night. I didn’t care. I was so angry with him. Angry and afraid and sad and disappointed, I cried myself to sleep.

When I awoke, I went downstairs. My face still stained with tears. I was braced for a fight with one or both parents. Instead, I found my dad, soaked to the bone, still wearing the clothes he had last night. In the living room was a charmander. It was tiny and frail and also soaked. The fire coming from its tail was a pathetic flicker. My father knelt over it with warm blankets, poke food, and water.

My mother told me the story later, how my father went out into the rain all night looking for a Pokémon in the streets to bring home. When he came across this poor abandoned charmander, its life nearly snuffed out by the rain. She told me he kept an umbrella over its flame all night, until the rain died down so he could take it home. The charmander was for me! It was a sad sight, and that was probably why some trainer had released it. But it was mine and I loved it and I loved my Dad for doing that for me. And so I named the Pokémon after my father.

That Pokemon stayed with me through out my career, but thats a story for another day.

My Dad didn’t like Pokémon. For him, Pokémon were a job and one he didn’t much enjoy. So when I expressed enthusiasm about Pokémon he was less than supportive. He wanted me to make something of my life. He didn’t want to see me standing on corners battling with our trainers. He felt like life should be more than that. Sometimes, when I’m downhearted after a defeat, I wonder if he wasn’t right.

I lived in the city. Growing up where I lived, Pokémon came out of poke balls. The few 'wild' Pokémon around were useless types. The occasional rattata, a grimer found in the sewers, or an unfortunate Pokémon that had been released by a trainer. It was my dad's job to trap these Pokémon. The less said about what he did with them, the better. He worked for the city, he was a decent guy. But sometimes he couldn’t release the Pokémon back into the wild, sometimes they were destroyed.

When I discovered that one day, I was inconsolable. I loved Pokémon and the idea that my dad, my dad was destroying 'unwanted' Pokémon was too much to bear. I, who wanted one so bad. He, who wouldn’t let me get one for fear of it ruining my life. This man, this 'monster', well, it caused a rift in our relationship.

I was 10 when my friends started getting their Pokémon. The crowd I hung out with worshipped trainers. We followed their exploits, lived vicariously through their triumphs and we were devastated when our favorites lost. We also all looked up to Tony, his Dad was the gym leader in town. We were all so envious. When he got his Pikachu we were so jealous. My best friend got a bulbasaur around the same time. Tony had always been sort of aloof to us, but he really cooled down to me and my friends when he saw that bulbasaur! My other friends also got their Pokémon. None as cool as those two, but cooler than my complete lack of Pokémon. Heck, I was even jealous of my friend Joey’s ratatta!

I finally spoke to my father about Pokémon. We hadn’t talked in a while, but I thought if he knew how important to me it was, maybe he’d change his mind? I mean, he could bring one home for work, or I could trap one on my own. The conversation ended in an argument. Yelling. It was the first time I had ever yelled at my old man. I swear, when I called him a monster, I though, just for a moment, he might hit me. My mother came into the room and shouted at me for being so disrespectful.

I ran to my room with tears in my eyes, the downpour of rain outside seemed to mirror my anguish. I heard my mother speaking quietly to my father and then loudly. And then I heard the door slam. I assumed my old man had left. Probably to sit at a bar all night. I didn’t care. I was so angry with him. Angry and afraid and sad and disappointed, I cried myself to sleep.

When I awoke, I went downstairs. My face still stained with tears. I was braced for a fight with one or both parents. Instead, I found my dad, soaked to the bone, still wearing the clothes he had last night. In the living room was a charmander. It was tiny and frail and also soaked. The fire coming from its tail was a pathetic flicker. My father knelt over it with warm blankets, poke food, and water.

My mother told me the story later, how my father went out into the rain all night looking for a Pokémon in the streets to bring home. When he came across this poor abandoned charmander, its life nearly snuffed out by the rain. She told me he kept an umbrella over its flame all night, until the rain died down so he could take it home. The charmander was for me! It was a sad sight, and that was probably why some trainer had released it. But it was mine and I loved it and I loved my Dad for doing that for me. And so I named the Pokémon after my father.

That Pokemon stayed with me through out my career, but thats a story for another day.

That reminds me of that one pokemon episode where the gang find that charmander on the tree stump/rock in the rain and take it to a pokemon center and then it becomes ash's charmander.

Once upon a time,

I tried to log into Pokemmo.

and some cum stain has ruined it for everyone. 

END.

I hope it's okay if I post more than one story in this thread, it's a really nice creative outlet.

This is the story that I submitted for the 'Journey to Pewter' writing contest. It probably isn't the best, but I like it, so I'll post it here for the time being.

I was limited by 1000 characters, so if the end seemed a little... rushed, that would be why.

I plan on editing it and changing it to allow a better pace sometime in the future, but probably not for a while.

So, until that time comes, here it is.

Press Start

By Breeder

I blinked a couple of times. I was awake already. The night before felt like it never would break to day, yet here it is, bright as ever. I glance around. The faint sound of Pidgey chirping doesn't aggravate me as it usually would, rather, it calms me. It's exciting, really, almost as if each one was saying "Take me! Take me!", all as eager to start a journey as I was.

I got out of bed and glanced around. My small room felt even smaller, even quieter, than normal. My mom, who enjoys sleeping on a pull out mattress in the kitchen, was no doubt downstairs waiting for me. She has this impeccable way of knowing exactly what is happening despite my cold silence. I just still don't talk much since Dad... left.
I checked my computer to see what I had for supplies. I was distraught to realize that all my months of hard work had been for nothing, as the only thing I had in there was a single potion. What happened to all the Pokeballs I had saved for that very day, I still do not know. Perhaps it was fate.
My initial instinct was to give up. Just lie back down and go another year. I knew despite there being no mirror, though, that there was a fire in my eyes, and with a keystroke to summon the potion from my computer, I was on my way.
My mother didn't have much to say. I wanted to hug her, but I didn't. I simply left. I regret it to this day like any son would regret not spending every waking moment with their deceased parent.
I left the house with but a potion in my backpack, and decided I would go to Viridian City to buy Pokeballs. I accumulated 3000 Poke over the past couple of years, which would be enough for 10 pokeballs and a few antidotes. At least it was a start.
But, as I walked into that grass, fate decided to take the wheel.
"Wait! Don't go out!" Yelled a voice from behind me.

Within moments, I was within Professor Samuel Oak's laboratory. It was a strange place, and a calm place usually, unless it is 'gifted' by the presence of Oak's grandson. Which, as it happened, it was at that moment.
"Red."
He looked at me and laughed like a hyena, and I take no shame in saying he smelled like one too.
"Don't tell me, Red, you're here to get a Pokemon from gramps? There isn't a point, as long as Blue Oak is around!"
I gave him a glare and he stuck out his tongue like the child he was.
There is one thing I owed to him, though, and that was knowledge. Samuel Oak wanted to give me a Pokemon? Isn't it a general rule of thumb not to take Pokemon from strangers? Although, Oak wasn't quite a stranger. I grew up around his grandson, unfortunately.
Samuel proceeded to explain that the three Pokeballs that were laid in front of us were from an old place that he grew up, far from Kanto. He wanted to give both Blue and I one each, so that as we traveled across Kanto we would be safe. In all honesty, the very thought of Blue traveling anywhere near me sickened me.
He allowed me to pick first. It was an obvious ploy by him so that his grandson could get a type effectiveness on myself, as the three Pokemon within the balls made up the effectiveness circle of Fire, Water, and Grass, but I played along.
I don't know what it was that drew me toward the fire starter. Grass was my favorite type at the time, and water would allow me to surf all over Kanto. Could it have been my subconscious recollecting the fire in my eyes from before, and drawing the connection? I'm not sure exactly, but it drew me to my best friend in time, so I have nothing to complain about.
Behind my back, Blue chose the water type. As I walked away, Blue called after me to battle. I turned around, looked him in the eye, and threw that Pokeball harder than I had ever thrown one since. Right at Blue's head.
He was too fast, though. He beamed his Pokeball right at the one projecting itself unto him, and with a loud crack, they both burst open.
I finally got to see the Pokemon that lived within. A red reptile, cute as could be, but menacing all the same. It simply screamed 'potential'.
Blue's blue turtle stood no chance, as my 'Charmander' (which I decided to dub 'Charlie') got 2 critical hits in a row. Charlie made it out unscathed.
As Blue wept behind me, I decided to go on my way to Viridian City. I wasn't sure exactly where I was going, but anywhere was better than Pallet Town.
I made it to town without running into any wild Pokemon, which I call a true victory. But, just as I was beginning to feel good, I was instantly disappointed, as an old man would not let me through to the forest. I considered going onto the path to the left, but I thought I saw the faint silhouette of Blue, so I passed.
I was eventually stopped to bring a package to Oak from a local merchant. It may have been the end of my journey already, I thought.
I made it back to Oak safely, and delivered the package, only to see Blue there as well.
Oak explained that he wished for us to do something important on our journey. He wanted us to find every Pokemon. Just see them. He gave us both a pokedex and 5 pokeballs. He looked me in the eyes and I knew that he meant something much more.
I left the lab and ran.
I ran straight through Viridian City, stopping only to buy 15 pokeballs. Charlie was running close at my side.
I ran into Viridian Forest and made it out with a few new friends. Caterpie, Pidgey, Mankey, Spearow, Ratatta, Pikachu, and Weedle were the ones lucky (or unlucky) enough to be with me for the journey ahead.
As I emerged from the forest, I knew exactly what I was going to do.
What I was born to do.
I was going to catch every pokemon.
And then become the champion. 

---
Also, sorry for the lack of paragraphs. Usually I hate it when someone does not properly use paragraphs, but it really is a pain for me to indent with this text editor.

Let me know what you think about it, and what I could do better in the future. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

A New Beginning

Exploration. It was the one word that inspired him. Rin was older than the "Beginner" Trainers starting out in Pallet Town, but he wasn't from Kanto in the first place. Rin's home was Lilycove City, in Hoenn. As he stood there, after traveling from Vermillion City, he noticed two young boys arguing on their way to a large house on a hill. This was rumored to be the home of Kanto's famous Pokemon researcher, Professor Oak.

Brushing the hair from his eyes, Rin slowly followed their path, planning to see the Professor himself, to upgrade his Pokedex to give him information on Kanto's Pokemon. Upon reaching the house, Rin noticed that it was Oak's Lab, and headed inside. He was greeted by the sounds of the two boy's arguments, who seemed to be deciding what Pokemon to choose for their starter. Rin smiled, he already had his partner, entrusted to him by his Mother.

Walking into the room, Rin was quickly spotted by Professor Oak, who greeted him warmly, "It's been a long time since my old friend, Professor Birch sent a youngster on an errand to see me". The boys looked around, and Rin saw that one had a red jacket and baseball cap, while the other had a black jacket and spiky, light brown hair. They introduced themselves as Red and Blue, and selected their starters in response. Red, with his Cap, chose a Charmander, the Kanto Fire type starter, while Blue, with his confidence, chose Squirtle, Kanto's Water type starter.

It was then that these boys began to battle, in the meanwhile Professor Oak upgraded Rin's Pokedex, but Rin was observing the battle. It was his first time watching Kanto starter Pokemon battle, even though they were inexperienced, they fought bravely, and somehow Red's Charmander was victorious... The two of them locked eyes and knew a rivalry unlike any other was about to begin, and only one of them, would become the Kanto Region Champion, and Rin just watched, knowing this Region's Pokemon League would be an exhilarating challenge.

[Spoiler]

I had fun writing, I hope you enjoy reading.

[/Spoiler]

Reserving this space as I'm currently writing one...

[Spoiler]

I'll overwrite it with my story once I finish! :3

It "may" take a while :3 [/Spoiler]

reserved

(I want to make one, but it is getting late so just going to save this spot so I remember to come back, as the post will have a star by it)

Why won't either of you write for me? Do you hate me? 

PamCRYINGGIF.gif

• 3 weeks later...