Client Customization Suggestions

kFdLAcR.png?1

This thread is in place for all those who wish to make a suggestion on what they would like to see customized, but lack the ability to do so themselves.

The proper suggestion template:

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

What is it you would like see customized/made?

How would you like to see it customized/made?

Reference examples (optional):

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

~ Darkshade

Would be really cool if you could customize he sprites for the overworld and trainercards. I trust that customiing the sprite you see for yourself would be nearly impossible unless somebody actually made new ones, but maybe you could change the sprite other people could see while battling you/in your trainer card?

Oh and maybe more window options, but that was a bonus.

Guess the most demanded thing right now would be secret bases/player houses.

I would love to have in-game music be customized client-sided.

How would like see it customized/made?

If there was a file or something in the client with the music files from in-game that we can replace with our own.

Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this?

I don't know anybody specifically who could do this, I just think it would be a neat feature for people to customize.

The character sprites. Instead of just changing the colors, maybe make the boy and girl from the other generation games or make more colors. Maybe even use other sprites that you can't use in a normal Pokemon game like the bug catcher or fishing guy or maybe even LANCE!!! (Have different sprites for those that accomplished something amazing in the game.

Make it a new updated download file where everyone must install it so everyone can see it. Maybe add other improvements so it's not just sprites.

Is there anybody you think would be able to/you would like see customize/make this?

I wish but I know a lot more people would love this game and it would make it more enjoyable to play with others instead of just looking at the same sprite with a different color.

Customized sprites for player characters

People can upload sprites, the CMs or other staff will have to allow them into the game. This is to make sure there will be no walking genitals. After the sprite has been verified and allowed, the sprites will be made available as a client update. This allows the spread of custom sprites to all players.

There's quite a lot of requests for this, demand creates supply, so it shouldn't be a problem :).

Pewter City

Give it the feeling that's it built on solid rock, not grass. Make it kind of like Oreburgh in Sinnoh.

Definitely you, Darkshade.

The black hat sprite has a top hat

I don't really care if there is instructions on how to put it in meh game.

Not really.

More like an ingame media player that remembers playlists between sessions. Think EVE Online.

I'm talking currently though, that could be done too.

That is technically already in-game (the sound debugger), it could just be enabled for everyone (a disable/enable option in the settings), change it to read sound files (on a single format) from a specific folder (where you could drop them off), make it override the default music and there you go.

That is technically already in-game (the sound debugger), it could just be enabled for everyone (a disable/enable option in the settings), change it to read sound files (on a single format) from a specific folder (where you could drop them off), make it override the default music and there you go.

Do you know if they're mp3, ogg, etc?

I know this, but it's not yet available for everyone unfortunately. Yet.

Changing the battle sprite of Onix to be pink.

I think it would be nice if the normal battle sprite of Onix was changed to a nice pink. Maybe magenta or a soft violet. Preferably this would be in the form of an IPS patch.

Anybody with the ability to change the colors and create an IPS patch from it, I guess.

Thankyou for being the first person to read the first post.

Also it wouldn't be possible via a file, but it would be possible via ROM editing.

No offence but why limit yourself to loading data from a ROM file? for the initial data sure I get it. But after that you could just allow "texture" files in a folder location or something like that.

That would then make all this customization a lot easier.

No offence but why limit yourself to loading data from a ROM file? for the initial data sure I get it. But after that you could just allow "texture" files in a folder location or something like that.

That would then make all this customization a lot easier.

There are thousands of sprites in the rom. Each pokemon has like 6 or so sprites, the tile sprites, the overworld sprites, there are so many that a folder full of .png images would be a waste of space and time since it's actually quite easy to edit the rom itself. Also, providing these huge 'texture' folders would be illegal since I doubt that the devs have a license from Nintendo to distribute the sprites for commercial use, but using roms. Each user has his or her own rom not supplied by the devs, therefore leaving the devs at no risk of a lawsuit (still some risk) and that's why Santa Clause got killed by Liam Neeson for kidnapping his Umbreon.

But after that you could just allow "texture" files in a folder location or something like that.

Because these aren't minecraft skins. There are no "Textures". Only sprites. And you would have to either keep each sprite image as an individual file or manually overwrite the code of the game to draw specifically from that image and place the correct sprites in the correct positions of the ROM data.

The only way what you are suggesting could work would be if the DEVs added an automatic ROM patching tool which would read your data from a folder (Each file would have to be named after the correct data values in the ROM, so they would also have to provide a table containing every single one of the values of the ROMs and their location in the file) which would then patch your sprites into the ROM.

They don't have to do any of that. There are plenty of tools players can use to do it themselves much faster.

ALSO: Thanks AstroSpud <3

Hello people reading this, I would like to make a request for a sig. If you think you got what it takes. Just comment if you wanna make me a sig :P

What I would like to see made.

Requirements:

1. Tauros must be in the sig.

2. So must my name

3. Make it slightly evil looking > :D

4. Have fun, If you don't enjoy making sigs, then this isn't the job for you. :D

How I would like to see it customized/made

Basically just alot of creativity, And if you want you could somehow incorporate a HerpDerpBox ;D

P.S Sorry dark, I didn't know a thread was up for this specific reason. D:

sound for battles

you don't have to import a sound to the rom, but just select a sound that is on the rom already (yes i read earlyer submissions but this is for choosing sounds from the rom not add sounds yourself)

no there isn't...

Pokemon themed sprite costumes! i saw someones profile pic as a sprite dressed as a dragonite <3

mmmm...i was thinking something like a skin, but someone mentioned its not as simple as that, but there has to be some kind of sprite making software out there somewhere right?

players like me who want to cosplay XD

I need to go to bed, so I might as well ask -

A Title Screen edit.

I'd like a Title screen edit with ALL of the regions official map pictures, merged into one glorious full map.

Yes I'm capable of doing it myself, but I'm sleepy and too lazy to open up Photoshop =P

Aaaanyyyybody~

Do you mean the in game maps or the official art?