[Denied][Suggestion] PVPCoins

So me and a few others were talking in Global chat and we came up with an idea called PVPCoins.

Since there is no real currency in PokeMMO we could have PVPCoins, there are three possible ways to get these coins, and multiple ways to use them:

• We could have the matchmaking system on the Second Floor of the Pokemon Center matchmake players and the winning player would recieve coins in 100x the amount of pokemon started (max=600coins) for instance 3v3 would give 300 coins and 6v6 would give 600.

• We have a brand new PokeMMO island called Colosium Island and make that into an arena where people watch the best of the best play and they also place bets of up to 50 coins.

• We could also make it to where players would recieve these in only official tournament hosted events, and they recieve these via staff member.

There are many ways to use this new currency and here are some of the top ones we came up with:

• We have a market in say Celadon, maybe on the floor with all the computers in which you can exchange these coins for rare items (IE: Lucky Eggs, Metal Coats, Dragon Scales & more)

• We use this new currency to buy clothes and such for our characters.

• and finally this new currency since it can be used to buy Lucky Eggs and other rare items, can be trade between players as a mean to sell or buy pokemon!

Tell me what you think, all feedback is welcomed.

Kinks that need fixing:

None

Things to add:

None (ATM)

If this has been suggested before I ask that a staff member send me a link and lock this thread, thank you.

I wouldn't mind it, though I am not sure what the prizes should be.  Also I think they should be careful about when they implemented it if they did, make sure the matchmaking system is active enough that you don't get people trading wins for coins.  At least minimize the amount people did.

It's a good idea to make these coins obtainable through only randomized battles, so that coin farming wouldn't become a thing - where players could spam on 2 computers and 2 accts. to get bunches of coins.  Also.  If we were to make maybe a coliseum, there would DEFINITELY have to be level guidelines.  Like you could sign up for a 50s battle, which would not allow you to continue if you had pokemon lower or higher than level 50, etc.  Overall, I think this is a great idea, but it would take up a lot of time, and I'd personally like to see some other things be done in the next update before something like this.

[spoiler]if the next update ever comes...[/spoiler]

It's a good idea to make these coins obtainable through only randomized battles, so that coin farming wouldn't become a thing - where players could spam on 2 computers and 2 accts. to get bunches of coins.  Also.  If we were to make maybe a coliseum, there would DEFINITELY have to be level guidelines.  Like you could sign up for a 50s battle, which would not allow you to continue if you had pokemon lower or higher than level 50, etc.  Overall, I think this is a great idea, but it would take up a lot of time, and I'd personally like to see some other things be done in the next update before something like this.

[spoiler]if the next update ever comes...[/spoiler]

Of course I'll expand on thsi but before I did I wanted to to 2 things, 1. Get the community's opinion and 2. make sure there wasn't already a thread for this.

I wouldn't mind it, though I am not sure what the prizes should be.  Also I think they should be careful about when they implemented it if they did, make sure the matchmaking system is active enough that you don't get people trading wins for coins.  At least minimize the amount people did.

I'm afraid I don't understand.

Well if say there are only 2-3 people using the matchmaking system at some specific time of the day, what is to stop them from getting together and trading wins for coins?

that would be a problem of course but the matchmaking system is completly random you wouldn't know who you match up with untill you are in, so it's easy to solve simply disable chat while in matchmaking. and I'm sure the thousands of players playing PokeMMO would use the matchmaking system if this idea gets implemented.

This seems like something that would happen when the game is beta.

[spoiler] yeah, it aint happening in our lifetime [/spoiler]

Hopefully not... I don't think Pokemon will even be a thing anymore and there will probably be a Virtual Reality game system so when we hand our kids our computers they'll be like "Dad, isn't this the same system the Egyptians used to plan the Pyramid?"

"Dad, isn't this the same system the Egyptians used to plan the Pyramid?"

^ oh das funny

The only issues I see with this idea would people who accumulate coins unfairly (I.E. Using multiple computers) and deciding on the prizes & their prices. Although, as a basis, your idea is great; well thought out and expands on the competitive aspect of PokeMMO. So i give this idea a thumbs up. +1

Something like this? https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/26642-implementation-of-usable-currency-in-pokemmo-updated-408/

Also, I don't like being able to obtain the coins via battling. It's too exploitable and it severely limits the things you must do in order to get the coins

How so? It allows players to get coins by earning them, and using the coins to recieve rare and valuable stuff of course themost you can get from a battle is 600 and since it is matchmaking you recieve battles randomly allowing anyone who want's to farm inoperable.

Also for anyone wondering or asking the pries would range from at least 8,000 (Tms) to 20,000 (Lucky Egg)

I like this idea so im going to make a suggestion that would prevent farming on multiple accounts.

You can only earn coins off each account once per 24 hours, so that only the first time you play someone each day will you receive the coins for winning(or not for losing). this makes friendly battles more competitive too because coins will not be accumulated as easily and will therefore be more sought after. 

I like this idea so im going to make a suggestion that would prevent farming on multiple accounts.

You can only earn coins off each account once per 24 hours, so that only the first time you play someone each day will you receive the coins for winning(or not for losing). this makes friendly battles more competitive too because coins will not be accumulated as easily and will therefore be more sought after. 

Perhaps not just once since the max would 600 but maybe we can make it to where each player has 10 wins per day?

no you can win as many times as you want in each day and earn coins, but it has to be from a new player each time, to prevent farming.

You can have as many accounts as you want in pokemmo all you need is two pcs and you're set.

Actually we don't have to worry about this seeing as how it is in matchmaking, and it's all completly random players that you get that way you cannot farm with another account or player, you just duel random players with levels around yours.

This is very redundant in regards to 

• Prizes
  • PvP Rating System

It also gives staff one more thing to manage, and by staff I mean the Devs. The Devs have enough to do. This would have to be automated to be used in even a medium-sized scale and if they're going to do all that work, they may as well use the better systems mentioned above. Not to mention how easily abused this is because matchmaking is not popular enough to be random at all times of the day. 

you are severely underestimating players and cheating the system.