[Story][Horror]Dead Chivalry

Kababs

So 2-3 months back I wrote the start of a novel so here it is.

Btw I never tried anything like this before so maybe crap.

[spoiler]

Dead Chivalry

Prolog

Black Death

England 1339.

"O lord who are in Heaven, hallowed be thy name" the Priest prayed with many in the church, many were afraid, the death so many deaths surely they were under a treatment of God's divine wrath. The World was falling apart around them, friends and family dying around the living, the Plague had arrived.

Meanwhile at Forskan fort Sir Marston sat a top the walls looking down at a city which was all but dead. An archer from the gatehouse nearby approached him. Marston began to speak. "Once great London was, now it's a city God wants destroyed", He didn't show any signs of emotion, "Sad isn't it"

"Tis Sir" the archer replied as the church bells rang.

"Never seen you around here" Marston stated "Who are you?"

"Nutt I just joined the armies of this country" he answered.

"Welcome to Forskan fort"

"Thank you Sir"

"Please call me Marston"

"Well I better get back to the gate pleasure to meet you Marston"

He returned to the gate as the bells stopped ringing, Marston who was still watching the city sat back clearly glad the bells had stopped. As he leaned back he felt weak and dozed off.

Marston awoke to a  voice "Marston Marston"

"Oh Sir Simon, Lord Moon what are you doing here?"

Marston surveyed his surrounding as Lord Moon and Sir Simon started speaking, Marston was a good knight and commander but was known to have a short attention span. As they continued Marston found a horrible scent and almost hurled, Simon and Moon also noticed the pungent smell.

"What is that?" Moon Asked.

"SIRS SIRS" Nutt dashed into the room fear shown all over his face "You must come to the walls now"

"Nutt what is it?" Marston demanded.

"I don't ... I don't know just come"

The four stepped up the stairs to the walls, the smell also hanging around there, they looked towards a London in chaos. The four ready to begin siege preparations were then stopped by a solider pointing to the church cemetery.

The whole fort stood still frozen by fear as the dead rose from their graves.

Moon fell to the ground in tears as the fort went into a massive commotion. Some shouted witchcraft as others fell to their knees to pray and Marston stood in horror as the dead devoured the church's worshippers. Moon ran down to his tent no longer crying, Nutt and Simon called everyone to the centre of the fort.

After a few minutes the fort had gathered, Marston being the commanding officer stepped forward. "men these beings they are clearly something that can and will kill us and now there is no honour, no velar ... Chivalry is dead"[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kizhaz locked this topic