[Sig] Signature Rating Thread

Xand

new ones alot better 7/10

I'd reduce the black around the edges slightly
Maybe sharpen the render a little
Font still seems odd too me, but looks much better than last one ( Gradients are usually never needed in text atleast imo or maybe thats a shadow drop?)
Maybe add a light source
Maybe change the edging to 1 pixel & try the dark blue vs the black you currently have

nvm i just made one... its my first time dont hate xD 78c27fd89bec13c4040d8f3730bead61.gif

Id try going on google and looking at some tutorials. Looks just like a picture with a background with words.

Also, the greens don't match and that shape is just weird to me (Square sig?)

rate mine  :)
piQwcVp.gif

The flygon in the front is shiny and the back one is regular
Font looks grainy and out of place
The animation is like choppy (well im on mobile so)
Also there is a weird black thing at the end of your animation
  • 4 weeks later...

esp_umb_pokemmo_by_jpshaw90-d942vet.png

Bevel and Emboss >.<

When it gets scaled down, you will hardly be able to read the text (already a bit hard to read).

The claw mark makes no sense with pokemon like Umbreon and Espeon.

Background doesn't go well with the renders.

The dissolve drop shadow is meh.

The renders themselves seem poorly cut out (jagged edges, random lines coming out of umbreon's legs).

I like that you tried to pull espeon and umbreon out of the rectangular sig. Perhaps try to be a little more subtle about it, it's pretty "in your face" if you know what I mean...

Overall, 3/10   Doesn't look like a whole lot of time was spent making it...

Okay.. I will just go hand back my degree and other qualifications to the university lol.

And no I didn't spend a lot of time on it.. I wasn't being paid to!
It was meant to be "In your face".
I can read the text perfectly.
The background goes very well with renders.
All Eeveelutions have claws.. so yeah the claws do relate to umbreon and espeon.

I beg to differ with your opinion, thanks for the criticism. :)

1. Why post work you are not putting effort into?
2. There is nothing "In your face" about either of the 2 pokemon or the style of the render.
3. No , the text has bad placement and is extremely hard to read.
4. Just no, the background does not match either of the 2 in the slightest. You can make moonlight on any background with a white brush.
5. None of them have visible claws, so it makes so sense.

I welcome new people, but don't get defensive when people criticize your work. Especially if it is "not srs"

Plo it is bootyful <#

Then don't be surprised when I rate it subpar and explain why I gave the rating.

ok. I just think it would look better if you didn't pop them out so much.

see... I often have this problem. I'll make a sig and I can read the text perfectly, because I already know what it says and I put it there. But when other people read it, they have a tougher time.

It really doesn't.

All Eeveelutions have claws.. so yeah the claws do relate to umbreon and espeon.

Pokemon like:

Sandslash

[spoiler]250px-028Sandslash.png[/spoiler]

and Zangoose

[Spoiler] 250px-335Zangoose.png[/Spoiler]

Have claws. Espeon and Umbreon don't have the type of claws that you should be using that claw gouge mark for.

That's fine to differ with my opinion, but you don't seem very thankful for the criticism. And the passive aggressive smiley face doesn't help.

2. Okay you've just contradicted what that other guy said...

We aren't forced to agree with eachother on every point... >.>

We're just trying to help you out. Every criticism we give on this thread is constructive criticism. We aren't attacking you.

I mean, you came on this thread asking for other people's opinions on your sig. And when a person actually goes out of their way to comment on it (which not all sigs on this thread have actually been commented on) you basically say "no, you are wrong on every point. My sig is perfect. Screw your evaluation. But thanks anyways".

Everyone is sweating over the fact that espeon and umbreon have claws, but really... they have PAWS...................... just saying. Also they can't learn Slash nor Cut so I wouldn't have used that slashing effect anyways.

And about the Signature:

First of all, Espeon looks streched in height, i hate when people do that.

I also agree with the opinions on the font, it is really hard to read. You might think its clearly readable, but a signature is meant to be readable for everyone right? Else there is no reason to show it off. So i'd just take the advice of people around you and fix it, this is a feedback thread afterall.

Lastly, why bevel.... it basically drags all signatures down as far as i have seen on this forums. It doesn't add anything. But that's just my opinion, you might like it so I can't really blame you... i guess.

Edited by Sammier

Okay.. I will just go hand back my degree and other qualifications to the university lol.

1) Really nobody gets paid in CM to make sigs, and still they release amazing quality stuff (peep ploegy and heimann)

2)You didn't do the best job with the renders on that

3) Well if you can, that's great. That doesn't mean everyone else has god like vision

4) If Anything, Umbreon is the only one it had a chance of going with

5) Whatt sammier said

Honestly, I don't understand how people can not try their best on a work and then "beg to differ" on obvious things

You shouldn't be sloppy if you aren't being paid, if anything you should be making work you can proudly show off in your portfolio

ok, Bevel and Emboss is literally the ugliest and most half assed effect made and it does not make it 'in your face' and neither does 2 dark renders and a dark background

You literally have dark grey tiny text on a black background with a grey claw mark covering a small part of it, stop shitting yourself.

It's a cheap background that you stole from somewhere anyway, not like mountains have anything to do with eeveelutions and a moon has nothing to do with Espeon. so no, it really does not.

I get the urge to look more at the gifs than the girl, not ideal because she is the center point

I like the font, and I love how the border smoothly fades into the rest of the sig.

I kinda get that feeling too, but after 2 hours of work was kinda ok with it since I feel that having two gifs at least shifts the focal point to each side.

Anyways, as for this whole other discussion going on, I guess I'll jump in and say a few things.

1. Like Sleepy has said, not many people in CM really work for money, myself being one, but I always take into consideration what others have to say so I can improve my work because I enjoy making sigs

2. The text is extremely hard to read. Trust me I have had my fair share of sigs where I can read the text just fine on my screen, but others have told me they can't read it so I simply fix it because sigs are meant to be seen by everyone and should be readable by everyone

3. The background isn't awful, but I agree it doesn't fit in with the renders you have used

4. Bevel and Emboss on the renders is pretty meh. I suggest trying to blend them better with the background. Make them seem like they are meant to be there