[Denied]EV Berry cost reduction

With the current re-balancing of the economy, I've noticed the berries are still the same cost. It would be more helpful to the people breeding and leveling new comps if the EV reducing berries were lowered to something more reasonable like $250 or $500 per berry. I know personally, out of habit when I hatch an egg I go right to the tangela patch and start leveling it up. Money isn't exactly abundant at the moment to justify spending 3000 dollars on berries to reduce them. While you can level your pokes on something that gives the EVs you need, it isn't always the effective way or the preferred way. The other berries should stay the same, or possibly be lowered as well but I think a lot of people are turned off by the idea of having to battle 6 NPC trainers or going out to payday 78326426234 times to buy one berry.

It really hurts what is left of the loyal competitive community.

I like the idea of making competitive play easier to accomplish for new players, I dislike the idea of making money even worth less, there should be some cool things you can buy with money, or there still isnt much value to money.

I like the idea of making competitive play easier to accomplish for new players, I dislike the idea of making money even worth less, there should be some cool things you can buy with money, or there still isnt much value to money.

I don't think reducing EV berry costs will affect the value of money, there's plenty of necessities to buy and I'd imagine they'll be adding more shit to buy in the future (I'm hoping storyline TMs and move tutors)

I think they should take a second look at the berries and dueling and see if those two things balance out. I'm not saying it is good or bad right now, but berries deserves a bit of extra consideration. If they are frustrating to obtain, it hurts our duelists because a lot of them use berries every time they duel. As others have said, dueling is the end game. That's where most of our dedicated veterans are, the lifeblood of PokeMMO.

+1, but they can't be too cheap, as people could still abuse them for happiness gains. Still, they're way too expensive now, as are a lot of other essential items for making comps. (For example, thunderstones are 5k! That is ridiculous.)

I think items like Lum Berries are way too expensive too....they are an essential part of competitive gameplay right now. If you're not going to implement choice band, forcing basically 4/6 of the pokemon in the party to rock salac/lum berries, then they need to be much cheaper. 

The new economy is slowly growing on me, but it almost seems like the GMs completely overlooked competitive play when determining prices. Enough competitive players have been driven away already...steps need to be taken to keep the rest here.

The new economy is realistic - things actually cost money. This is such a shock because the previous system let people buy as much of anything as they wanted. However, I think it's better that you have to work for money. The more things to work for, the less painful they are individually in my opinion. Variety and such.

• 1 month later...