[Denied]No-topic subforum

Seriously, I don't know what is with the excess moderation in off-topic. It isn't necessary at all, and it feels like babysitting. I either agree with this suggestion or would just like the mods to stop overmoderating off topic, which seems like the real point of this thread anyway.

well I understand them wanting to keep discussion on topic to a thread... to a point.  But it's still an off topic forum, and I think there should be more freedom there. Either tone down the moderation or give us more room to play, because LBZ just isn't enough.

Hmmm. I just think OT should have a bit more freedom. The LBZ is nice and all but it gets moderated to shit too, and also if you have something important to say and you were the last post you can't double post so eh.

If moderators read this I wouldn't mind this being clarified:

Is swearing allowed in OT? (Not directed at anyone, completely ironic swearing)
Are we allowed to post our warning points? (Seems like it's become something that isn't allowed, and no the posting of it wasn't meant to harass the person who issued it)

Anyway to comment on this I don't think a new sub forum is needed unless there's a happy medium with moderation. We literately do not need to be babysat. To use this example again: asking someone if they're tired or not isn't a form of harassment. It feels a bit overboard when that sort of thing is hidden.

I know the OT moderator is a very respectable person, and a hard worker in the OT sub forum, but it would be nice to see things slightly relaxed again.

What's wrong with a section dedicated to shitposting?

The problem with 'shitposting' is made fairly clear with the name given to it.

To quote Wikipedia;

A worthless post on a messageboard, newsgroup, or other online discussion platform; To make a worthless post on a messageboard, newsgroup, or other online discussion platform

• They aren't constructive
  • They don't add anything useful to the discussion
  • They generally tend to include 'inappropriate' or 'hurtful' content.
  • They reflect badly on the rest of the forum, our users, the community, and have potential to discourage new users from joining the forum.

Shitposts are very literally a waste of space, and are therefore not something we want on the forums.

If you don't have anything of value to say, then it's not worth posting - it's as simple as that.

What's wrong with a section dedicated to shitposting?

This^

If people have a place to shitpost, it keeps most of it there and not in other places. And people get tired of the theme of the shit posts. Like these none-themed posts that have popped up (i.e. Clocks, and sinks, and poop, and spoons)

What is wrong with these topics? Going off topic in topic's in the off-topic section, as long as it is not hurting anyone, does not seam like a big deal to me. Why not try out a section like this? It's really not that hard to add a section or subforum and if it doesn't go well then to remove it. It takes maybe a max of 3min, and even less to remove it. 

I completly support this. +1 (if that is still a thing)

EDIT: darkshade ninja. 

How does it represent Pokemmo when you have a bunch of users complaining about the forums? What's the point of trying to attract a new market if the one's using it right now are not happy?

Edited by lillyfly

The problem with 'shitposting' is made fairly clear with the name given to it.

To quote Wikipedia;

• They aren't constructive
  • They don't add anything useful to the discussion
  • They generally tend to include 'inappropriate' or 'hurtful' content.
  • They reflect badly on the rest of the forum, our users, the community, and have potential to discourage new users from joining the forum.

Shitposts are very literally a waste of space, and are therefore not something we want on the forums.

If you don't have anything of value to say, then it's not worth posting - it's as simple as that.

There is an actual entry on Wikipedia for the term, "shitposting"? Please direct me to it, because I can't find it.

That's the point.

We don't wish to have a section of the forums dedicated to 'shitposting', which is very much what it would become.

while it would likely (and unfortunately) turn into shitposting I think it has the potential to just be a place where people talk and discussion occurs organically.  If its a place where getting off topic, as long as it isn't hurting anyone, is fine I think you'd see a lot less negativity from the people in Off Topic (the primary instigators of shit posting).  At the very least it would provide containment for shitposting, and wouldn't be representative of the forums as a whole.  

If it really goes to shit that badly we can always revert to what we have now, and save the evidence as justification for why you won't try it again in the future.  You guys gave us a second third shot at PoYT, I think we deserve a shot at this.

Or be a little more lenient in OT moderation.  That'd be chill too.

I can understand Darkshade's take on things when it comes to having an entire forum dedicated to the type of thing we want from OT. But although "shit posting" may be all of those things you said it also can bring the community together when it's at it's best. Maybe it's just a circlejerk but it's fun to get to know people in OT and some of them have some very interesting things to tell you.

I think this is all solved, still, but a slight change to the moderation of OT. But I have a feeling ( like my CA thread) this may go completely ignored by the mods who it directly applies to. I hope it doesn't but to me it's a bit unprofessional to ignore someone's effort to help with good intentions.

Anywho.