Gift Shop

on the doner status will be nice if it changed our name to a blue or red to show that we do donate :P

This is why people are so sure they "bought" something. You donate to the game and they give you this buff if you choose to forgo vanity items. And shouldn't giant black wings and a demon mask with a bandana hat be enough to say "hey i donate", if you chose to look at like like that? Why should my name be green or w/e?

EDIT: Merriam Webster has this definition for donating "n. -a person or group that gives something (such as money, food, or clothes) in order to help a person or organization"...The admin allowing you to get something from credit accrued from a system they made up for people who donate is just an added bonus.

I think it would be cool if you made it so that Mystic Tickets and aurora Tickets be added to the gift shop. I think they would be worth donating for.

But these places that the Tickets go to are useless, so why have them in the game if there isn't anything at the destination to do? 

Vanity items are also donating, and you see plenty of people running around with Gift Shop exclusive vanity items.

Okay, let me rephrase:

I refuse to buy vanity items that have zero impact on my gameplay. If the 'Donator' perks were a little cheaper, I would donate on a MONTHLY basis, instead of just once.. and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. 

Does this make sense now? I really don't see why everyone is so hostile -- I'm not bashing the donation system. (It needs to be in place to support this game)

Okay, let me rephrase:

I refuse to buy vanity items that have zero impact on my gameplay. If the 'Donator' perks were a little cheaper, I would donate on a MONTHLY basis, instead of just once.. and I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking this. 

Does this make sense now? I really don't see why everyone is so hostile -- I'm not bashing the donation system. (It needs to be in place to support this game)

Just signed up to fully agree with Waam.  I understand the Vanity store makes a lot of sales, but I have very little interest in that side of things being a 'more mature player'. I'd love to have a membership thing even for smaller rewards than the VIP is offering as they obviously want $25 a month for that.  Being a programmer myself, I like to give something back to the developers as I know how hard it is but I can't see anything worth spending on :(.  I understand the wanting to avoid 'Pay to Win', $5 p/m and triple exp 500% increased shinies and free pokemon! would just ruin the game and the economy, just a small boost on anything.

I have got a Question about the 10% more Shyny I think the normal chance is 0.02% 

so when I buy this do I have 10,02% oder just 10% added to the 0,02%? 

maybe the questin has been anwered yet buy I dont want to read 11 pages and my english is not that nice ^^

The rate to catch a shiny normally is like 1/8126 or something. With donator status it becomes 1/7124 ish.

[spoiler]I don't know the exact numbers[/spoiler]

I have got a Question about the 10% more Shyny I think the normal chance is 0.02% 

so when I buy this do I have 10,02% oder just 10% added to the 0,02%? 

maybe the questin has been anwered yet buy I dont want to read 11 pages and my english is not that nice ^^

Donator Status adds 10% of the existing value, so 1/8192 becomes 1.1/8192.

Well, I donated a few weeks ago when i got back from a several month break. I bought the Amnesia Brace with my Reward Points. A few days later, I was informed that PVP battles could be force-capped to 50 making it kind of obsolete. So far the main uses for Amnesia Brace that I have found still to exist are to equip it to Tyrogue at level 19 to adjust your EVs to get the Hitmon~ evolution of your choice (and in this, I found it to be extremely valuable) and the other thing is for petite cup comps (as often as that happens). I would advise against an Amnesia Brace for those looking at it unless they modify it in some way to give it some other form of bonus because as it stands now, it's very limited in usefulness. I do have a bit of OCD about collecting "every item in the game" so I am glad I have it though. My two cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That would be Shu's area of expertise rolleyes.gif

Don't go too hard of Squirtle!!! That is not his area of specialty! Please guys, be more sympathetic to the staff... Squirtle is in charge of moderating players and staff, not gift shop stuff... that is not Squirtle's dept, it is Shu's dept! So please just enjoy the game and not start saying that Squirtle needs to work on this... be thankful for what you have and play the game!

Don't go too hard of Squirtle!!! That is not his area of specialty! Please guys, be more sympathetic to the staff... Squirtle is in charge of moderating players and staff, not gift shop stuff... that is not Squirtle's dept, it is Shu's dept! So please just enjoy the game and not start saying that Squirtle needs to work on this... be thankful for what you have and play the game!

And why are you commenting on something from 2 years ago? your post was unnecessary. 

Still, it shouldn't be happening no matter how long ago this was...

They're called trolls, they mess with people. The staff took care of this 2 years ago, so your post was still unnecessary. You think we all "walk over the staff" we don't, we're just hurt and mad from them promising an update that never happened for 9 months or so. 

Staff please dont delete this, i didnt say anything wrong ;_;