[Implemented] Extended/Unlimited Block List

Forte

Wait what - it isn't unlimited!? O_O That needs to be fixed :o We've had a habit at ch.4. of simply blocking all the trolls that come to the channel. :P (It's really nice to play pokemmo when you have only whispers and channel open, play on ch.4 and just block the few trolls that enter there. Seeing there seem to be fewest trolls there.. Hope I didn't doom it now , having said that.)

No, that hasn't happened to me yet. If that happen to you, the best thing to do is turn your green whisper box off and let the little troll nerd type his heart out. 10 minute later, you can turn your whisper box back on. To me, that sounds like something that could be reported to an admin though and be on grounds for punishment. That's an obvious intent to harass another player.

You can take a screenshot by pressing printscreen on your keyboard then open paint and press CTRL+V or edit paste. Then show to admin and see if they say anything. I guess it's easier to just block them though. *shrug* :unsure:

I would like an option where you can block people why type in normal chat. If someone types in channel you can block them by right clicking their name in the normal chat but if you are in a crowded area, like Viridian on channel one or two and someone starts spamming in the chat you can't actually block them like that you need to right click their name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a full blocklist for months. If not unlimited space, maybe you could let us view our block list and unblock people who have stopped trolling or who have quit the game. I can't remember the name of everyone I blocked who went "I R U haz Tehl JlUMPEOrN sToNe givez n me ur shinieSSSS".

The reason why this isn't already done, is that every person you block is another record in the database.

Also, packets have a limited size, without more work to split the block list into multiple packets we would run into crash issues once you reach this limit.

Or we could move block list client side, but it wouldn't be consistent with multiple computers, could be lost, isn't very user friendly.

The reason why this isn't already done, is that every person you block is another record in the database.

Also, packets have a limited size, without more work to split the block list into multiple packets we would run into crash issues once you reach this limit.

Or we could move block list client side, but it wouldn't be consistent with multiple computers, could be lost, isn't very user friendly.

Wouldn't a blocklist solve this problem and more? Even if it was a text output of your entire list, we could then do a 'spring cleaning' of our lists and just add more to it. Most trolls don't stick around forever.

There's a dev on the Suggestions Box -scrambles for his unicorn diary of ideas-

My native languaje is the spanish, ¿got any problems about that? . I try my best to communicate in your languaje, as most people do, in the global and trade chats. Sometimes, your brain farts and starts speaking spanish, or french, so please respect for everyone.

Btw, speaking spanish ingame is allowed according to the rules I just read.

¿And what if there are german/spanish/french talkers? ¿Your brain explodes if it reads buenos días? [[superironymode ON: Good morning]]

With time and lazyness you learn to skip a sentence that you don't understand. With other cualities, you might even understand those sentences, but that requires indeed a lot of farm, not worth it.

Its just more productive to complain about where lives people, because you know, the problem are always the others.

[OFF]

I'd like indeed a larger block list, but I absolutly disagree with almost every reason exposed here to do so. There are spammers, trollers, Whateverlanguaje-speaking nerds who only want to know if I'm a girl.

I'm looking forward for this to be implemented.

And If you read one mine in global is a mistake, actually I just wanted to point out that for the moment it is allowed by the rules.

I think that channels for different languajes might be even a better solution, but I didnt searched in the forums and I can guess that it has been suggested before, Ill necro that if it is around here.

Edit: I dont see anything O.o