[Implemented] Extended/Unlimited Block List

Forte

The main reason our block lists are filling are because we block someone who we don't want to see and then forget they ever existed. Without a way to view exactly who you've blocked theres no way to remember the names of just everyone you have blocked. I doubt people are blocking you and other non-english speakers just because you are speaking another language. The more likely reason is you are speaking a non-english language in a channel that is currently speaking in english and are flooding the chat with stuff the english speakers cant read. Your intentions may be harmless but could easily be avoided by asking first in english if there are any speakers of your native language online or maybe even switching channels till you find a conversation in your chosen language.

I'm fluent in Spanish and know a little bit of French and German. That doesn't mean you should be speaking it in Global.

Your problem is that you're on global.

I personally wouldn't mind having my blocklist on the client as long as it didn't slow anything down. When it fills up, I can just clean it. Those Spanish/French speakers and 9 year olds don't tend to stick around after they ask how to get the bike over 9000 times.

Yeah, I'd be fine having it client-side even knowing that logging on elsewhere would have a 0 name blocklist.

Especially if I got an option to choose, considering I use only one computer and I really doubt that after a few hours of being blocked anybody would even bother messaging me anyway. And if they did, I could just block them on the new computer.

We already have channels dedicated to languages and that doesn't keep Global English only, which it should be, regardless of whatever existing 'rule' people keep bringing up. I mean, it's against a rule to post on the forums in another language without a translation. The same should go for Global. You have every right to speak your language, but I will immediately block you regardless of what you're saying and that's that. If I can't understand you, you may as well be writing Lenny faces - therefore I consider it spam and block.

• 2 years later...