Display most recent official event winner's name in game

Chestbrah

Question

I suggest as a better incentive for players to participate in offical events that the most recent official event winner's name be displayed at the top of the screen until theres a new event winner. winners of tournaments/events dont get enough recognition in game imo. this will also help promote events as more and more people wanna have their IGN there for everyone to see. thoughts? 

7 answers to this question

Im really hopping for some kind of giant screen included in the new region or at least some kind of map change displays like B/W ones, the devs could display any kind of information in those

I always thought it would be cool if they temporarily gifted them title belts they could wear during their reigns so everyone could tell at a glance how awesome they were.  That would probably be too difficult to implement though.

thats not a bad idea, and it seems manageable to implement

cant be done until tournaments are automated. ive explained this already in another post of mine but there is no such thing as a "tournament" described in the game server's code. the tournaments we play in are INGAME (keyword) organised events and not objectified in the game server itself.

however, GMs that host the tournaments could be given a command to display official event winners but thats just poor game design, especially when we know how late the staff can be with just the prizes.

guess we just have to wait till the developers decide to add in automated tournaments