Party Chat

wickedredgrin

Question

22 answers to this question

I like it, some may say "use the team chat", but sometimes you got friends on different teams or you don't have a team at all, its something that should be planed for a more polished mmo

Support!

This needs in because its basically the main chat that people are going to be using if it does.

It's clearly the best chat.

If you want it to be different from a team, you can add a rule such as "you can only be in a party if you're online".

Then parties are sure to be active if made.

I support. Would also fix what I've been wanting so desperatly, a co..... officer chat.

Alright, you want a legitimate reason why "no"? Because what's the point? This game has a Teamspeak server, for this very reason, you can even use skype for this very reason. The Teamspeak isn't made for just teams, they have literally open lobbies, and even if most are team specific, you can let your friend's join in those servers with you, i'm sure with your team's permission, or you can just you know, use Skype or some other type of instant messenger. But even as suggested, you can just go to an abandoned channel, and tell your friend's to meet you there, and just use the normal chat, who's going to be around? It's essentially the same thing, if anything better than a separate function, because then random's can't bother you and your friend's when you're trying to do something yourself. There's other things, in which need to be considered to actually improve the game, instead of tedious things like this. When people suggest these things, I just feel like they're trying to turn it into the typical mmo, when this one is unique to it's own kind. I feel like the people who suggest these things are also only suggesting thing's they'd find convenient mostly to just themselves, they come off to me as selfish suggestions. Things that should be suggested, should not only be things essentially already rejected, but that actually has a benefit to the game. Like the Secret base idea, that's good because team's are always looking for a little hide away to meet at, and it was an existent thing in the Pokemon games. That's beneficial to everyone, not everyone want's a party, what is this supposed to be, Guild wars or something? l: 

Edited by XelaKebert
Fixed quotes

Alright, you want a legitimate reason why "no"? Because what's the point? This game has a Teamspeak server, for this very reason, you can even use skype for this very reason. The Teamspeak isn't made for just teams, they have literally open lobbies, and even if most are team specific, you can let your friend's join in those servers with you, i'm sure with your team's permission, or you can just you know, use Skype or some other type of instant messenger. But even as suggested, you can just go to an abandoned channel, and tell your friend's to meet you there, and just use the normal chat, who's going to be around? It's essentially the same thing, if anything better than a separate function, because then random's can't bother you and your friend's when you're trying to do something yourself. There's other things, in which need to be considered to actually improve the game, instead of tedious things like this. When people suggest these things, I just feel like they're trying to turn it into the typical mmo, when this one is unique to it's own kind. I feel like the people who suggest these things are also only suggesting thing's they'd find convenient mostly to just themselves, they come off to me as selfish suggestions. Things that should be suggested, should not only be things essentially already rejected, but that actually has a benefit to the game. Like the Secret base idea, that's good because team's are always looking for a little hide away to meet at, and it was an existent thing in the Pokemon games. That's beneficial to everyone, not everyone want's a party, what is this supposed to be, Guild wars or something? l: 

i hate the fact tho id have to create a group chat on a different software. im really lusting for an ingame inner sanctum chat for officers/leaders (group based whispers type of chat) in my team

"Convenient only to oneself" and "selfish". How is it selfish if only one person has opposed the thread so far? There has been plenty support.

I don't see how adding more features that don't have many cons hurts the game. If they had as many features in this game as in Guild Wars, I highly doubt that would have a negative impact. Unless they were to start oversimplifying the game.

Often you rather want to use text-chat than voice, as this is one of the so-called "stoner games".

To be honest, this seems like you basically think "There are things I'd rather have so no", which is significantly more selfish than suggesting this idea.

Basically your counter of it is to use a third party program. And to use your own argument against you with the secret base thing

" you can just go to an abandoned channel, and tell your friend's to meet you there, and just use the normal chat, who's going to be around? It's essentially the same thing"

+1 To the idea though. It would be useful.

Something like this has been suggested and rejected:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/4525-user-created-channels/

At least, this seems to me to be something like the above post....

It's the same thing, and guess what... it's linked in the Table of Contents as a "Current Suggestion". The Table of Contents has become farly useless since the mods/staff just trash threads regardless of them being linked there, and without a post.

RIP

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad idea to have this sort of thing if it's feasible, but in many cases normal and/or team chat will cover the need for this. Also it's a MMO so go out and meet people outside your group of friends. 

It's the same thing, and guess what... it's linked in the Table of Contents as a "Current Suggestion". The Table of Contents has become farly useless since the mods/staff just trash threads regardless of them being linked there, and without a post.

RIP

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad idea to have this sort of thing if it's feasible, but in many cases normal and/or team chat will cover the need for this. Also it's a MMO so go out and meet people outside your group of friends. 

If we had this feature you would meet more people outside your group by being invited to other peoples parties...

If we had this feature you would meet more people outside your group by being invited to other peoples parties...

That doesn't make sense. A "party" will always be more exclusive than whoever is speaking in /a. You would be more likely to meet people in a bigger group. 

Any way, I haven't said this is a bad idea. 

When there are people at the same event, that you are trying to avoid, or really dislike

and the rest of the party thinks the same thing having a party chat could be useful

although you all could just block him/ her 

having the party chat allows players to have their group of friends without having anyone interfere

When there are people at the same event, that you are trying to avoid, or really dislike

and the rest of the party thinks the same thing having a party chat could be useful

although you all could just block him/ her 

having the party chat allows players to have their group of friends without having anyone interfere

Just because I said a couple things that are not so great about the suggestion doesn't mean I don't support it overall. So, I have no idea at all why you're quoting me and telling me all of this. 

No cause in party chat you meet your friends, friends.
I dont talk to randoms anyway.. least you can trust your friends, friends more.

That doesn't make sense. You meet your friends... what. You already know your friends. This thread is full of closed minds. 

Just because I said a couple things that are not so great about the suggestion doesn't mean I don't support it overall. So, I have no idea at all why you're quoting me and telling me all of this. 

That doesn't make sense. You meet your friends... what. You already know your friends. This thread is full of closed minds. 

i think the last one ment ,you can meet your friends his/her friends.

Thanks Flava, for pointing that out. I didn't notice their wording.

Thanks random person for pointing out what Flava said and making a useless post. 

Any way. Regardless you don't need this function in order to meet the friends of your friends. Again, I'm not against it though. 

Not everyone wants to talk, they want to type, and changing windows to type would be super annoying

Also, people saying to use normal chat, staying in one spot in the game is boring as well. They can be hunting/doing different things in different parts of the game

IDK if it fits best here or in a new thread... :

I suggest we expand the amount of people who can be in a private chat in forum messages from 8 to unlimited this would be very helpful both for teams who wanna share their builds and ask if they can borrow things on a hidden forum there they can kick people from the chat after they not are member anymore and such things... but it would also help PSL teams, we are atm discussing alot of things on our PSL team but we can only be 8 people in the chat which is kinda annoying when we are 10-11 people on the team :/

I like this idea because 1. I don't have to leave my brothers at YOLO. 2. I don't have to be in the same place to chat. 3. I don't have to log on to TeamSpeak, if I want to talk to both Jim and Jerry, I can put them in group chat (since they are close friends). 

Overall, I wish that the game can have a chat system like this so that way I can talk to 2 or more people on the same system (I was talking with Forf and Nik on November 1st, I think it would of been easier if they could do a "link whisper" on me).