Add "Are you sure" message when replacing moves

Shaniqualela

Question

14 answers to this question

I have replaced a move mistakingly because I thought the new move was "better" than the move I wanted to replace, etc... And it makes me quite disappointed when it turns out to be worse.

However, I must say that accidental move overrides = money sinks, and money sinks are always welcome. Unlike accidentally running away from a shiny, you can always get a move back, so I actually see no reason for an extra warning message, especially when you have to have a serious misclick to accidentally forget the wrong move.

I have replaced a move mistakingly because I thought the new move was "better" than the move I wanted to replace, etc... And it makes me quite disappointed when it turns out to be worse.

However, I must say that accidental move overrides = money sinks, and money sinks are always welcome. Unlike accidentally running away from a shiny, you can always get a move back, so I actually see no reason for an extra warning message, especially when you have to have a serious misclick to accidentally forget the wrong move.

Egg moves. Those can't be recovered.

But, I don't know. The message would be kinda annoying. I mean sure I might've overwritten a wrong move once but it doesn't happen every day.

Heh, at least it'd be canon.

I was just stupid ev training and leveling a good dd dnite all day and when it reach level 55 I learned it wing attack I think it was instead of dd, but that could easily have been avoided if I wasn't half asleep. So instead my dnite became trash(unless I re-ev and go for another moveset - which I don't want to lol). >.< But I don't really think this needs to be implemented as you have to press the move you wanna overwrite and I don't think spamming Z would make you learn the move unless you start using the arrows first when the new move pops up. My opinion is; no, this isn't really needed.

I think we have all accidentally replaced the wrong move at least once, and if you deny it you're a liar :P

I don't think we need it ._. Just be careful when replacing a move.

I was just stupid ev training and leveling a good dd dnite all day and when it reach level 55 I learned it wing attack I think it was instead of dd, but that could easily have been avoided if I wasn't half asleep. So instead my dnite became trash(unless I re-ev and go for another moveset - which I don't want to lol)

I still remember that we laughed from you for 2 days because of that xD

Unnecessary. The devs shouldn't implement babysitting functions, imo, regardless of any previous babysitting functions they have implemented. The only one that comes to mind is the Masterball but that's only because they don't let you organize your bag/you cannot reorder the Poke Ball section of your bag. 

and if you deny it you're a liar  :P

Well, replacing moves wrongly is the only thing I never did, because there is a warning before, saying that your pkm is learning a new move and blabla.

But releasing the wrong pkm, using net and nest balls instead pokeball, being scammed, etc, I think we all have been there.

Well, replacing moves wrongly is the only thing I never did, because there is a warning before, saying that your pkm is learning a new move and blabla.

But releasing the wrong pkm, using net and nest balls instead pokeball, being scammed, etc, I think we all have been there.

those happen a lot less imo. and scamming isnt an accident, you cant accidentally send someone your stuff, its a multi-click process

or make it so you can press B instead of clicking the 'yes/no', to not learn the new move.

sometimes i wanna click 'no' and accidentally click a move. (since the yes/no window is on top of the moves)

[spoiler]

yesno.png

[/spoiler]

Really they just need to move that "Are you sure" pop up so that it's not right on top of the moves. The top-right move is the only one I've ever accidentally replaced and it's just because of bad placement.

So, rather than creating a new thread:

New Suggestion:

Move the "Are you sure you want to stop learning X" window up by like half an inch.