[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@SatyrAngel

TASTE THE RAINBOW. Jokes aside, make sure it's CLEAN CLEAN rom. Drop your HUD while you are at it, because, who knows, it might be affecting it for god knows why.

Edit:

Jolteon revisited. So many unfinished sprites.

2vvs2hg.png

@SatyrAngel

TASTE THE RAINBOW. Jokes aside, make sure it's CLEAN CLEAN rom. Drop your HUD while you are at it, because, who knows, it might be affecting it for god knows why.

Edit:

Jolteon revisited. So many unfinished sprites.

2vvs2hg.png

I like the current jolteon acctually xD, also ive been up all night trying to get better at spriting and after 500 retries i finally accepted that i suck hehehehe my 501st try

ddl2jd_th.png 

i'm still making the same mistakes i hope ill be better in a few months xD

@koo

That actually look pretty decent in terms of pose. I can actually tell what is what. The head and hair is a bit sloppy, but nothing a copy pasta can't fix. The problem is, I can't tell which Pokemon it is since it got no distinct features.

@Blinky

Will work on Gengar in the future.

Edit:

200w8bp.png1z1fuvm.png

2vvn7mx.jpg I tried turning her into an alakazam still not really satisfied with her at all though.

Better than anything I could do hue

I have no shading skills whatsoever and it'd be a miracle if anything I tried resembled a person at all

Well the hard part is making a sprite of your idea, i can easily draw what i want but making the sprite is so hard Q _ Q

Edit: 2mdfj4i_th.png i cant colour for sh*t      Edittuuu!: 2irngy0_th.png 2nd try

11gqcxw.jpg

Edit Edit: yeaaaap i cant get the clothes to match with the skin colour xD

You might need to remove some colours. GBA sprites can only contain 16 colours, including black, white, and the background. Your sprites are tending to blur as you resize them too, and scaling them down as they are results in that blur too. If you bring the image into MS Paint, you can scale it while keeping it sharp by selecting it all, right click, then resize and 200%.

I'd maybe try darkening specific area's of the lines, kooparupee. It currently looks like the shading and lines are fading together, such as with the skin. This can be a good thing, and is in a few other samples already, but I don't think the shading, such as underneath the lowered leg, has gotten dark enough at the very bottom. Perhaps even fiddle around with the colours you use for shading, since it does look very soft cel shading rather than cel. My own personal preference when colouring/shading is to always have the lines darker than the actual shading, so they don't blend or fade. But this isn't my realm of expertise, so I can't give too much advice. Just keep up trying out different things, and maybe watching others making them could help. I know that always helps me to grasp a concept better when observing how a technique is executed. 

@koo

Don't make an actual shadow. Use that gray on your eye. Your hair is too bulky right now, add a bit more lines (using brown or your darkest hair tone) into it to separate it into bangs. You need to rework on your palette in general since it's really messy right now:

1-2: Black, brown (outlines)

3-4: Gray, white (eyewhite, highlights, and your spoon)

5-7: 3 tones for Hair

8-11 : 3 tones for skin

12: Background color

13-14: 2 tones for your eye if you want to make it a different color from hair

15-16: 2 tones for your brown outfit

Use the darker tone of the eye for the psychic aura.

See my Tentacool and Jolteon and how I actually drop my palette onto the sprite itself when I am working on it. We can always edit it out later, but when you are working on it, it makes life a lot easier.

Feel free to steal colors sets from the old Alakazam/Kadabra, and skin tones set from any other Moemon. 

I'm sure most of you have already noticed this, but both Drowzee and Hypno are in dire need of new sprites as well. Their currrent ones are... not very moe. At all. I found this nice Hypno design on pixiv, which could prove useful for creating a new sprite.

4ibuv7.jpg

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anything for Drowzee.  :mellow: 

@anjelocarreon

That is actually a really good edit. I'm really liking that Wobbuffet. Wynaut is a bit more tricky. She's way too tiny for our new standard at the moment, try using another sprite to edit. I recommend playing around with this set.

28refz9.pngsg6bty.png

@Moetal

I thank you for liking it... well I'll try editting that simipour to be wynaut..

here's a "plug and play":

202_zpsc82be9cf.png

@anjel

I've fixed the hat of your backsprite a bit and colored her skirt instead of leaving it transparent. I'll be using your shiny colors when I import.

nwghdu.png

That Beedrill has pretty good base. If Magi was here, he would be able to fix that one up easily with just some shading correction and outlines.