[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

I like the 4th one from the left the most, but it still doesn't look quite right.  Maybe her eyebrows need to be changed?

Also, what do you think of my edits to Kadabra?

I'm kinda thinking about removing the floating spoons and giving her that spoony hair clip like in the artwork you posted before.

@CW

I think so.

I kinda like the change to her right leg, but I wonder if it's too far over now.

She should have both hands on her hips.  I think from that angle her left hand would be mostly covered up, but her fingers would still show.

Edited by Kickern

Wow, everyone!  Such great hard work. ^_^

Thanks for all the feedback and comments.  I know the Abra Sisters still need to be refined... But, I haven't felt inspired to continue... yet.

However, I was inspired this morning to create a new version of Hypno.  It was inspired by a photo I found on DeviantArt.

Let me know which version you all like the best! :wub:

Front Sprite

1z23z92.jpg

Back Sprite

2w2llzn.jpg

2qxnc5z.jpg

First Attempt at a new Drowzee. Although, I love the hair on #4. I feel that #2's hair better suits the adult Hypno.

[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2vb4py0.jpg[/img]

Hypno for reference...
[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/2n6d9oy.jpg[/img]

Final Post for Today... Updated Drowzee and Hypno. :wub:
The back sprites could use some more work... <_<

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/30tov8x.jpg[/img]

Drowzee is getting sleepy.... "All aboard the train to Sleepytime junction!"

[img]http://i64.tinypic.com/4gltnn.jpg[/img]

Edited by Musica

Hi everybody! First time posting something ever! It warms my heart seeing so many Moe-Enthusiasts. Sadly, I'm not skilled at pixel crafting but I still want to help a little bit. Just a little error I noticed with the Sceptile back-sprite.

tTodyVz.png(here an example I found)

The sprite is 1 pixel too high. Also, her little ball-ornaments on her head are yellow on the front-sprite but green on the back-sprite. Generally, her back looks different from the other Moemon art from the downloadable sprites on this thread. I'll try to see how to fix it. It's worth mentioning, I hope. Does this help? Maybe? Love you.

@CW/Doom

I made some of my own edits to Drowzee and Hypno:

2rp5pjq.png

f2ko5s.png

I removed the little sparkle out of my own preference, but you can keep it in if you want.

Edit: Just noticed how weird Drowzee's legs seem to be positioned.

@seriMR

That Sceptile sprite is not that great and needs to be redone anyways.

Edited by Kickern

@Moetal

I'm glad you like my Hypno! :lol:

@Everyone

Thanks to everyone for helping me refine my sprites.  It's really cool how this project is a group effort.  Go team!  I just started drawing sprites about a month ago.  I know I'm not as skilled as some of you, but I'm eager to learn and become better.  Today, I've completed a new sprite draft for Empoleon.  Still needs to be refined.  I'm not sure whether to keep the weapons or go without.  What do you all think? :wub:

Next, I want to do the rest of the Sinnoh starter Pokémon and their evolved forms.  I know they don't technically belong in Fire Red, so is there a better place to post these?

Empoleon – #395

2hyj77l.jpg

ve2j3r.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Moetal

I'm glad you like my Hypno! :lol:

@Everyone

Thanks to everyone for helping me refine my sprites.  It's really cool how this project is a group effort.  Go team!  I just started drawing sprites about a month ago.  I know I'm not as skilled as some of you, but I'm eager to learn and become better.  Today, I've completed a new sprite draft for Empoleon.  Still needs to be refined.  I'm not sure whether to keep the weapons or go without.  What do you all think? :wub:

Next, I want to do the rest of the Sinnoh starter Pokémon and their evolved forms.  I know they don't technically belong in Fire Red, so is there a better place to post these?

Empoleon – #395

2hyj77l.jpg

ve2j3r.jpg

Was the sprite made from another bird? Anyways: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/52844-wip-moemon-heartgoldworks-with-sacredgold/

I don't know if you'll get as much feedback, but I'm sure the person working on it would love to hear from you.

Should go with smaller crown and not recolor of another bird sprite. Try to be close to the original artwork when possible. Too many things going on. Torso seems too short for adult size. Boobs should exist for adult women. Here are the pictures from the artist who create this character:

9y8dJfK.pngPMiAIoL.png

He's friends with the other artist.

Edited by Septentrion

Not that I know of. If enough people were interested I could probably whip up a Platinum port of Moemon, but since I've yet to seriously hone any sort of sprite making skills myself (or suffer from the surplus of time such a pursuit would require) we'd definitely need a group of people interested in making sprites for the various Sinnoh pokemon (preferably at an 80x80 resolution rather than the 64x64 used in this thread to avoid needing resizing to use in Platinum).

That said if a group of you awesome spriter people feel up to working on 107-ish new sprite sets to fill in the gap created (or at least cover enough of the more common ones to justify a new thread while the rest were being worked on more slowly), I'd be totally cool with running the technical end of things for a Platinum Moemon patch (could probably make it compatible with a good 493 Platinum patch for those of us more interested in the solo play aspect than the MMO side too, it shouldn't be too much extra work to do, especially if I can get some basic automation programs set up like I'm working on doing for the Emerald patch).