[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

17 hours ago, Klimbon57 said:

hey so i was wondering, could anyone tell me how to download this file? i have a GBA emulator but im having trouble figuring out how to install it, incase it wasnt obvious im not the best when when it comes to these kinds of downloads, if someone could help me install it id VERY much appreciate it as ive been dying to try this revival out!

Have you tried reading the FAQ in the first post (the same place you should have downloaded the patch from)? The spoiler tab is even kindly named FAQ and is even located above where the download link is.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MementoMori said:

Is there a zip with the most up to date sprites? If not, there is any way to extract the sprites from the ips patch (just to see)?

By the way, good Luck with the project!

We don't have a need to make zips for sprites when half of them need improvement/are incomplete. On the one hand you could learn how to use romhacking tools just to view the sprites. On the other hand, you could also go to the discord server and look at the channel we have specifically set up for people to see what the sprites look like.

54 minutes ago, BlazingThunder1 said:

So do you have like a list of locations of the pokemon since i want to get a torchic in the game so if you do have that i can't find it

All this patch does is replace Pokemon sprites with Moemon sprites. Torchic cannot be found normally in Fire Red. Perhaps you are on the wrong thread or didn't bother to read the first post of this thread.

1 hour ago, Leafjewel said:

All this patch does is replace Pokemon sprites with Moemon sprites. Torchic cannot be found normally in Fire Red. Perhaps you are on the wrong thread or didn't bother to read the first post of this thread.

This is probably someone who came here with misinformation from Bulbapedia; they keep listing the Moemon patch as allowing you to catch all Moemon...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to run the latest version on a randomized version of Moemon Fire Red rom after failing to do so with a rom pre-patched with version 2.5 a few times due to an unknown error. It worked on the pre-randomized version but there's a gamebreaking error when I reach Oak's lab where I get stuck between the bookshelves just before the table that should have all the starters on it as he leads me in. Also from this vantage I can tell there're no poke-balls on the table. I'm using a VBA for my emulator. Is this patch just not built to be randomized or is there some special procedure I'm missing? I redownloaded the rom itself and the update several times, even a couple older ones so to my knowledge those aren't the problem.

sorry i'm sure you get asked this a lot but, when will the revival project be finished? And if not for a while what all sprites need updating? Cause i know their are some like mewtwo that haven't changed, same with rayquaza, groudon, and kyogre. Also is there a way to get the updated sprites so i could use them my own rom hack with your permission?

Edited by OctoPOPS
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Yuyukoyay said:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/96264ama3pygyh3/Moemon_Fire_Red_Revival.gba/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xhivtqsy2ix9qqd/Moemon_Fire_Red_Revival.gba.log/file

I IPS patched it and changed the game regarding trade evolutions, event items purchasable, exp gain, ev's, legendary breeding, etc. 

You can now catch everything unlike the original rom

So, you have a prerandomized ROM you're sharing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey good job on the Rom Hack. Always a pleasure to play fully finished Moemon game.

Just a quick question. Is this just a sprite swap with no other changes, or are there changes like the usual chance to catch/evolve all 150 Moemon ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...