[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Okay so Gen 6 is also 96x96. What are the chances of us able to get Pokemmo to include a BW rom feature? If we are going to do everything from scratch (again), I'd want to do it with the latest format.

(I think you mean gen 5)

While I have no way of knowing for sure, the chances of it happening soon (if at all) are extremely low at the moment I'd say. Only the largest of Pokemon are greater than 80x80 anyway though - Charizard's sprite is pretty big compared to most Pokemon, but it's 74x80 if you cut out the empty space. Sure it's dwarfed by larger Pokemon like Lugia, but it's still bigger than most normal Pokemon. With that in mind, if Black and White roms became a thing for PokeMMO, it shouldn't take too much to adapt to unless you want to go the fully animated route.

6.png

F-fully animated Moemon? Doushio

[spoiler]Senran+Kagura+12+10.JPG[/spoiler]

Fully animated sprites aren't exactly the easiest things to make since the Black and White sprites aren't animated with frames - each moving part is an individual object.

Spr_B2W2_Shauntal.png

Is in fact:

2f38e7ba9c.png

And the same applies to every Pokemon. It wouldn't be as simple as making a few frames - it'd be a long and painful process.

Shouldn't the genders be adjusted? I just got a pokemon that has breasts, yet it's a male.

I think I can change Every moemon to 100% female yet there's a big problem about that when it comes to breeding... meaning no forced *toooot* in the daycare to obtain egg moves, IVs or the likes...

I think I can change Every moemon to 100% female yet there's a big problem about that when it comes to breeding... meaning no forced *toooot* in the daycare to obtain egg moves, IVs or the likes...

There is no way to change the actual gender ratios in PokeMMO. You can change them on the rom, but that will make it incompatible with this game.

@Moetal

Weedle is tiny already, she's standing up straight so if you compare her to Caterpie, she's even smaller in comparison.

Edited the back sprites of Weedle and Kakuna.

013%20Weedle%20Back%20x2.1.png014%20Kakuna%20Back%20x2.1.png

If someone can show a working proof of concept of moemon Gen 4, I'd be on board.  However, in my opinion most sprites would not need to be changed, very few pokemon have a body size that utilizes the 80x80 space, it is mostly used for large features such as wings.  So for moemon, the body size is the same, but with a large canvas moemon who had their legs bent at awkward poses can now stand up, and wings/auxiliary features can be made as large as desired.

For gender, I would just ignore the icon, or find a patch that changes it, like in later versions of Touhoumon.  Kelarr's suggestion is a good idea.  Doesn't need to be handled by this patch though.  Gender versions is not something I want to tackle.

@Magi

Ignore the messed up backsprite palette for now. I've successfully inserted Moemon into Heartgold Rom.2vubwue.png

Heartgold has four sprite sheets, all 160 wide x80 tall. Each sheet is as follow:

1. Male front x2 (for animation)

2. Female front x2 (for animation)

3. Male back x2 (for animation)

4. Female back x2 (for animation)

Then my tool gives me two slots for palette.

What I am afraid of is the backsprite's position though, since I don't have the position editor for DS so I can't tell how high or low to put each sprite if I don't actually go into battle with it to see.

@Magi

While the transfer to HG sounds good, it is actually pretty pointless if we don't do animation, take advantage of the 80x80, or male/female sprite difference. The only benefit I would see is that we would be free from compatibility issue with other patches since we will modding the HG rom, not the FR rom. I recommend we stick to FR for now. 

@Rache

Much better, but missing eyebrows. To be honest, I am actually really fond of the our current Spearow's face. It makes me want to throw a pokeball at it every time I saw one.

@Kirihara

Mostly everyone on our team have those sprites in our arsenal.