[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Rache

I've seen worse. I feel the backsprite for Hypno should be a backview (back of the head) though. It will reflect the front sprite more. See original Hypno's back sprite. You can use this as a base to edit if you want.

j5yzgm.png

@Asakano

My blonde chibi or the Magikarp-tan?

@Darkflame
The back sprite looks alright in terms of design. I'll try to edit it a bit later. The front sprite is no good still, just not very interesting or unique. Try to move her arms up to reflect the back sprite's.

Current doduo is lovely. gtfo.

Brutally honest here

that thing sux

Sandshrew is already adorable. maybe add a bit of lighting to the top of her hair, but looks great to me.

Change Ludicolo back. new one is ugly and tiny.

I don't see moeness in mewtwo

IMO marill, eevee, and sandslash and a few others are a bit to pixilated I guess. Arbok's eyes are really weird and overall it could be touched upon more.\

The ferret/weepingbell from Rache were good

[spoiler]23jswax.gif[/spoiler]

@Asakano

Original character. I made it from scratch on the game Armored Core Verdict Day. It's made purely from shapes. See below for how retardly hard it was to make moe on that game: [spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJRYjhII1Y4[/spoiler]

@Darkflame

Still no good. Try to change her pose for a more dynamic or to something less 'I'm just standing there' pose at least. Rework the front face if you can also.

So I don't have any shinies to give away, but do any of you still play the game?  And how would you feel about a handful of game corner TM's for a prize?  Do they still hold value?  If so we can have a contest for best moemon sprite submission

@Munya

I sorta play from time to time. Not very actively, but my account is there when I need it. Shiny still worth stuff last I checked. We can probably get official support from the PokeMMO team and/or Musica as an event also.

Edit:

Moe face is all I can do.

2sah3rp.png

@crazy
While it might not be the best looking sprite at the moment, he is trying and that alone shows me that the sprite has potential to achieve greatness. You, on the other hand, have not contributed anything, and your constant verbal abuses isn't particularly making me like your attitude. Sprite making isn't as easy as it looks, even someone who teaches art for a living like me can't get it right. If you think it's easy, how about you make and show us a few.

While you are free to post your opinion on the work being done, please don't be rude about it. Provide some sort of direction or ideas in order to help the other person improve, otherwise it's doing nothing but discouraging. 

2.) If you're going to be negative, always give constructive criticism as to why you feel that way. Criticizing work just for the sake of criticizing it/being rude will result in your post being hidden

I dun get it.

my reason is what I said, and was literally the first line: we already have a nice doduo, so work one something that needs work.

I know its not easy.

it was meant to discourage the continuation of (imo) wasted effort, cuz there are tons of lower quality glaringly pixilated sprites that could be fixed up.

@crazy
What part of "being rude will get result in your post being hidden." Dont you understand?
"Gtfo", "that thing sux"

You think think thats a nice thing to say? After dark put a lot of obvious effort into making those sprites, all you can say is. "That THING sux."?

These sprites arent for use, dark is just practicing and posting them here for some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, something like advices that will allow him to eventually become better and better until he can make something that can replace the in game sprites. He needs to start somewhere, doesnt he?

So how about instead of being mean, try saying something that will help him become a better pixel artist. If you cant, then YOU should (quoting him) GTFO

@Moetal

Is the Ninetales sprite based off a Kitsune? If so, nice work. I can see the reference ;)

Ninetales itself is based on a Kitsune actually~ Specifically a Kyūbi no Kitsune - an incredibly old, wise and powerful fox with the maximum number of tails. (With that being said, the Moemon sprite is based on one too of course since the Pokemon itself is.)