[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

is there a moemon patch for heart gold/soul silver too?

ive been lookin throughout the internet couldnt find one D=

if there is none could u make one please?<3

I won't be making one for HG/SS unless Pokemmo uses HG/SS instead of FireRed.

o86hhk.png

2d8i2kg.png

Welp, no one is contributing. Time to cut hair and shrink stuff for fun. Kinda want to use these two as Growlithe (although the first one is already our current Arcanine, but we need to remake it to make it larger anyways).

Edit: And a super rough enlarge edit on the second one if we want to use it as Arcanine.

2zjhshz.png

o86hhk.png

2d8i2kg.png

Welp, no one is contributing. Time to cut hair and shrink stuff for fun. Kinda want to use these two as Growlithe (although the first one is already our current Arcanine, but we need to remake it to make it larger anyways).

Edit: And a super rough enlarge edit on the second one if we want to use it as Arcanine.

2zjhshz.png

It's Cute, Btw I'm trying to make heartgold following sprites! But idk if they'll look that great or not  :P

I'd love to try my hand at doing the Heartgold sprites, but honestly I'm not sure how to edit them :mellow:

Ummm just a conjecture, but you could try using Photoshop (it has a nifty graph display function so you can see pixels). That is how i did egg designs....

By the way,  Moetal, would you be down for releasing a set of "default" or blank Moemon for those of us not so good at making human faces in the very stylized way you do it? I'd be down to kill some time making new Moemon!

@Oluthon

You can always just copy and paste a face or parts from an existing Moemon (ideally pick from 387+ since we are unlikely to use them). Don't be afraid to try for now; we can always edit it. I actually have a bunch of incomplete sprites, such as the Metapod/Jolteon/Tentacool I posted a few pages back (I don't know how to tackle them anymore). Feel free to edit my sprites or sprites by other people or at least show us what you think. I'm a visual learner.

@Bulba

Can you work on the starters (except for the Ivysaur for now) and Dragonite first? I'd like them to sync with the Moemon patch and reflect the sprite are we using. You can use these as reference.

_002_ivysaur_moemon_ow_by_pokegirl4ever-

_492_shaymin_moemon_ow__land__by_pokegir

Or more fancy

[spoiler]calis_overworld_template_by_minorthreat0[/spoiler]

[spoiler]cole_pokemon_overword_sprites_by_emerald[/spoiler]

Edit: And cleaned up version.

fwjc4w.png

@Asakano

Try your hands on this Metapod, or the Machop family.

2a5ma04.png

13z01zl.pngvxde2v.png

Make the signature yellow ridges on top of their head like spiky red ribbon for the first two (like the third row base). Everything else is pretty much up to you as long they look uniform in the end. You might need to shrink down the second base's face/eyes a bit to sync up better with the other two.

Sorry to get your hopes up, but it would appear I'm no good working with pixels on a small canvas

Can't seem to get anything to look decent, though I probably should've tried before offering help lol

I gave it a shot myself a while ago, with the same results. The only thing I managed to do was frustrate myself.

Sprites look bad when you only use black and one tone. Don't think about making perfect lines or shades when you first start, just throw in general designs and then polish it up once you got what you roughly want first. It'll look bad, I know, but it only gets better and better the more you work on it. Besides, when you got a moe face to work as base, you can't really go wrong.