[Denied] IV inheritance change

Breeding is too easy. Plain and simple. Now-a-days if a pokemon doesn't have a couple 31 IVs then it isn't up to par with the norm.

My suggestion is to either:
1. Change the direct IV inheritance of 3 IVs to be weighted. (i.e. if a parent has an IV of 0, then that IV will have a 100% chance to pass to be chosen as one of the three IVs to be directly passed to the offspring. If a parent has an IV of 31, then it has a 5% chance of being chosen as one of the three IVs to be passed to the offspring.) If there are more than three 0 IVs between the two parents, then three are randomly chosen in the pool of 0 IVs (or you could make it to where all 0 IVs are passed).
or
2. Just remove direct inheritance all together (less of an impact than the first option).

Pros to Option 1:
Makes breeding more difficult
Might encourage the catching of more pokemon?

Cons to Option 1:
Can't think of any

Thoughts? I kinda thought of this off the top of my head and in a very short time. I don't know if it would be good or not. Feel free to offer suggestions of your own about something that you think should be changed about this suggestion.

anyways its too late for this now as it would be unfair to newcomers who have nothing & people who are stacked with perfect comps

Needs more HP 70, and breeding will always, always, always be better than catching. Unless they change catching to something crazy like guaranteed 3x31. And even then >egg moves.

who the hell breeds pokemon with 0 iv's.

anyways its too late for this now as it would be unfair to newcomers who have nothing & people who are stacked with perfect comps

Well, either the breeding system gets a nerf, or the pool of people with perfect comps will just increase. Yes it's going to be unfair for some people.

Also, for pokemon like dugtrio and Breloom, for those that people don't really care about anything but attack and speed, then the other stats that are significantly lower will get the direct pass, and the High attack and speed will have to resort to the pseudo random generation.

Furthermore, there are times that I use a crappy ditto to correct the nature on a certain pokemon, but with the current system, the consequences of doing this are fairly small. With my suggested system the consequences would be severe and force me to either catch a better pokemon, or to just wait for the nature to randomly pop up with much better breeders but the wrong natures.

who the hell breeds pokemon with 0 iv's.

I'm still looking for 6x 0 poke, i can't make cause of this fucking breeding mecs, pls fix it.

Breeding is always preferable than catching, cause you know, we don't have a fucking way to get an Earthquake tm but make an alt run through all the shit and get it and we don't have renewable move tutors, so if you need a Swords Dance tutor, you hava to make an alt, run through e4 and sevii islands and get it. Is way more easy get from a team mate a good poke with those moves, breed em together, and keep breeding, until you got what you want.

Some pokes are very useable without egg moves, but, most of them are not, so breeding will always be the first choice in like 90% of the cases.

Maybe the only way to fix this, is removing breeding totally, and make egg moves as level up moves, or tutor moves, or some shit like that.

Ok let's set something straight. I did NOT make this suggestion to fix the problem of no one going out and catching pokemon.

I made this suggestion to solve the issue of breeding being too easy and to reduce the rate at which godly pokemon are being produced.

I think people exaggerate when they moan about how easy breeding is nowadays. Yeah, there are those who have managed to breed 5x31 pokes, no question. But the average comp player still has to spend HOURS trying to align the correct nature/ability/moveset/IVs/Hidden Power to get a useable competitive pokemon.

Don't forget, the standard for comps has changed. It's certainly pretty easy to get a 20+ poke in all stats, but that's not the standard anymore. To get a 27+ in all stats, with 31 speed and 31 att/sp att/both, you still have to put in a lot of work and fight off the nasty lady known as RNG. Seriously, try breeding an HP Grass Chinchou for a day and come back and tell me breeding is too easy. This is where the game has gone, and it's essentially irreversible at this point, but I don't think it's unreasonable.

I'm still looking for 6x 0 poke, i can't make cause of this fucking breeding mecs, pls fix it.

[spoiler]

screenshot_1395373892.jpg

[/spoiler]

and gil pokemmo>breedingmmo i rather spend my time battling in trainer tower or whatever to get currency to buy comps then breed 24/7 to get horrible comps that im forced to use because im poor and then lose tournament because of it. pokemon is about battling not breeding.

The reason that I think that breeding should be harder, is mainly due to my view on PokeMMO's economy. I can buy a near-perfect Horsea for only 100k? OK. That's so cheap for any great pokemon that I don't even know what to say...

I know a lot of people are getting bored of this game. Everyone so far on this thread is saying that breeding is fine how it is; however, the current breeding system brought about the 31/31/31/31/31/31 smeargles. The only egg group that is safe at the moment is the mineral egg group, and maybe one other (but that's not important). With this system, eventually someone will achieve a perfect pokemon in these "safe" egg groups and the corresponding pokemon's values will drop.

These drops in values make it extremely easy to aquire competitive pokemon, so much so that it isn't all that rewarding. I could go out a get 100k easily (I get 75k for each versus seeker run that I do in the mainland of Kanto and honestly doesn't take that long). Once I grab the team that I was aiming for, and win a couple of times with it, there is no real satisfaction that I should be feeling.

MMO's are DEFINED by the grind. Honestly the grind in this game is extremely short. The more the grind, the more satisfaction one feels at their target goal (but one can't make it too much of a grind, or else people won't even try in the first place).

What I'm saying is, is that this game, in my own opinion, would benefit exponentially from an increase in the grind.

If you guys don't like the progressive chance for IV inheritance (option 1), then I highly suggest getting rid of the direct IV inheritance all together. Something does need to be done in my opinion.

(Sorry, I'm really bad at gathering my thoughts. Hopefully my meaning is conveyed through that text).

The reason that I think that breeding should be harder, is mainly due to my view on PokeMMO's economy. I can buy a near-perfect Horsea for only 100k? OK. That's so cheap for any great pokemon that I don't even know what to say...

I know a lot of people are getting bored of this game. Everyone so far on this thread is saying that breeding is fine how it is; however, the current breeding system brought about the 31/31/31/31/31/31 smeargles. The only egg group that is safe at the moment is the mineral egg group, and maybe one other (but that's not important). With this system, eventually someone will achieve a perfect pokemon in these "safe" egg groups and the corresponding pokemon's values will drop.

These drops in values make it extremely easy to aquire competitive pokemon, so much so that it isn't all that rewarding. I could go out a get 100k easily (I get 75k for each versus seeker run that I do in the mainland of Kanto and honestly doesn't take that long). Once I grab the team that I was aiming for, and win a couple of times with it, there is no real satisfaction that I should be feeling.

MMO's are DEFINED by the grind. Honestly the grind in this game is extremely short. The more the grind, the more satisfaction one feels at their target goal (but one can't make it too much of a grind, or else people won't even try in the first place).

What I'm saying is, is that this game, in my own opinion, would benefit exponentially from an increase in the grind.

If you guys don't like the progressive chance for IV inheritance (option 1), then I highly suggest getting rid of the direct IV inheritance all together. Something does need to be done in my opinion.

(Sorry, I'm really bad at gathering my thoughts. Hopefully my meaning is conveyed through that text).

The only grind shouldn't be breeding, that is where the devs step in and give us more things to grind on then JUST BREEDING. Which would be fucking horrible. Battle Tower should be a grind but a fun one. EVing should be a grind but a fun one.. Legendaries are going to be a grind and hopefully it will be a fun one. And when you have all of these combined in a completere game you won't notice that breeding is that easy anymore because right now everyone's time and focus is on breeding. While when you have multiple things to focus on, some will breed some will grind Battle Points etc, you get the idea.

So you solution, which is making breeding more of a grind, is a short term solution that won't really add anything to this game. Therefor I don't support it. I believe the developers need to step it up and bring more to this game that will be grindable.

If some leaked pastebin information about legendaries is true, you will have all the grind you want once legendary dungeons are implemented.

On a side note, people quiting has nothing to do with breeding, people always quit when the updates take too long like this one, then come back as new content is added, it always cycles.

The only grind shouldn't be breeding, that is where the devs step in and give us more things to grind on then JUST BREEDING. Which would be fucking horrible. Battle Tower should be a grind but a fun one. EVing should be a grind but a fun one.. Legendaries are going to be a grind and hopefully it will be a fun one. And when you have all of these combined in a completere game you won't notice that breeding is that easy anymore because right now everyone's time and focus is on breeding. While when you have multiple things to focus on, some will breed some will grind Battle Points etc, you get the idea.

So you solution, which is making breeding more of a grind, is a short term solution that won't really add anything to this game. Therefor I don't support it. I believe the developers need to step it up and bring more to this game that will be grindable.

If some leaked pastebin information about legendaries is true, you will have all the grind you want once legendary dungeons are implemented.

On a side note, people quiting has nothing to do with breeding, people always quit when the updates take too long like this one, then come back as new content is added, it always cycles.

Hmm. In the case of the Legendaries, though, as breeding currently stands, won't the bred pokemon be significantly greater than the legendary pokemon? (I'm assuming that to obtain a legendary, such as Zapdos, it would be no different than catching another wild pokemon). In that case, any comp viable legendary would be extremely valuable, and potentially give an unfair advantage in comp play. In which case, they could arguably get banned, and there would be no point to attempting to get a good legendary... But, if breeding is made more difficult, and put on par with catching legendary pokemon, then I don't think that would happen... (sorry for the logical fallacy, but I believe it is warranted). Or, they could make the catch-able legendaries have inherently good stats, but that would take away from the grind, and the same issue would arise.

Also, I never said that quitting was caused by breeding. Rather, I suggested that making breeding harder would potentially make the game more rewarding and have a lesser rate of quitters.

In that case, any comp viable legendary would be extremely valuable, and potentially give an unfair advantage in comp play

what? more grinding = more advantage? woah thats news for me...

Hmm. In the case of the Legendaries, though, as breeding currently stands, won't the bred pokemon be significantly greater than the legendary pokemon? 

Don't get your point at all, but certain legendaries have a niche in competitive play that can't be outclased by other pokemon even if their ivs/nature are not optimal (eg. suicune and vaporeon).

what? more grinding = more advantage? woah thats news for me...

Don't get your point at all, but certain legendaries have a niche in competitive play that can't be outclased by other pokemon even if their ivs/nature are not optimal (eg. suicune and vaporeon).

i think he means having pokemon with iv's better then your opponents=advantage which would be a personal problem

i think he means having pokemon with iv's better then your opponents=advantage which would be a personal problem

in that case i agree with you, at the end the one that grinds more/pays more/is luckier will have the better toys to play with, and if you decide to use something under standards, then you are at fault.

You know what? nevermind. You people obviously don't want to accept the suggestion, so lock it/trash it please. Lost cause.

edit: though it is funny that you both (Fred and Axx) acknowledge that grinding and luck should give an advantage over others and both seem to think that that's how it should be. In the current system, it takes relatively little amount of grinding to achieve the same level as everyone else. That's why I suggested that breeding be made harder, so that the grind is greater so that it is much harder to reach the top tier players.

I've said this a long time ago: The main reason that people play MMO's is that it gives them a system where they can be "greater" than everyone else. It's why shiny traders exist. Making the game too easy, to the point that being "greater" than everyone else doesn't mean that much, then the MMO loses a key quality. This was the original purpose of my suggestion, to try and patch this hole which I believe to exist.

You obviously are not looking at this with clean glasses, try some new ones and come back.

between the "I do not supports" etc. and the argumentation to just be patient and it will eventually be fixed without having to change any current features (just the addition of new features) I think I can clearly see the popular consensus.

edit: also on the fact that my voice carries very little weight due to the PSL's perspective of me, that I will have an extremely difficult time with argumentation as some key people are already biased towards me. And to be frank, it isn't worth my time to be in such an argument that is predestined for me to fail. (which is my own fault for acting that way in the first place).

edit: though it is funny that you both (Fred and Axx) acknowledge that grinding and luck should give an advantage over others and both seem to think that that's how it should be. In the current system, it takes relatively little amount of grinding to achieve the same level as everyone else. That's why I suggested that breeding be made harder, so that the grind is greater so that it is much harder to reach the top tier players.

But not everything can be a top-tier-hard grind, the main thing we do in a pokemon game is dueling. If you make breeding hard then is difficult to obtain good quality mons, which is key for battling. 

That aside, because breeding is easy, that doesn't mean other stuff will be as easy. We have already mentioned some grinding tasks, some already exists, shiny collecting/trading, ev training, leveling up, etc. and others are yet to come, dungeons. Some seem to think that the future to come legendary dungeons should be something easy, my opinion is different, but that is discussion for other topic, also the training mechanics are under rework, lets see how that comes out.

My point being, grinding is good and a middle point should de found, but breeding is the base for competitive play [lol hunting] and as that it should have a relative low grinding degree.

You know, there is an inherent problem with breeding. Breeding needs to be somewhat easier than catching because it takes longer than catching. However, for most Pokemon, breeding is a necessity, as it is the only way to obtain egg moves. By nature, breeding will always be better than catching, and gameplay would be impossible if the breeding mechanics weren't somewhat easier.

I always say this, but in my opinion, breeding simply does not fit the bill for an MMO. It has mechanics that are inherently toxic for an MMO version of Pokemon; it's not just a refining system like in some other MMO, it's much closer to duplicating. There are other things but I won't go into it.

Anyways, I agree with ThinkNice on this matter for the most part. When we have more things to grind, you will be thankful that breeding isn't that hard, especially since it is needed to keep up -- reasonably -- in competition.