[Denied] IV inheritance change

As Kyu stated:

Building your team is not the intended endgame. We don't believe it should take dozens upon dozens of hours to make the game playable for a new player.

With that in mind, you should be able to breed/purchase a usable UT in a manner of hours. If you want something more perfect, that's a great goal to have and it's a fun thing to work towards, but the bare minimum here - usable comps - should be an easily attainable goal, while the higher goal of a near-perfect comp should take substantially longer. The game is already at that balance; we don't need to screw with it.

As Kyu stated:

With that in mind, you should be able to breed/purchase a usable UT in a manner of hours. If you want something more perfect, that's a great goal to have and it's a fun thing to work towards, but the bare minimum here - usable comps - should be an easily attainable goal, while the higher goal of a near-perfect comp should take substantially longer. The game is already at that balance; we don't need to screw with it.

Usable UT's? one in a manner of hours? This is exactly what I have been addressing this entire time! I'm saying that one is completely able to buy well over 6 (an entire team) of usable UT's or fully trained comps in a manner of hours. This is what I have been arguing against. I'm saying that we shouldn't be able to buy all of these pokemon in just 2 or so hours. That's stupid. It's on the verge of Showdown.

And no, The game is not at a balance. The market and the economy of an MMO are direct correlations to the balance of the MMO.

Kyu, on 11 Apr 2014 - 7:59 PM, said:snapback.png

Building your team is not the intended endgame. We don't believe it should take dozens upon dozens of hours to make the game playable for a new player.

I'm not suggesting that it take 144 hours. But I believe that it should take longer than it currently does. Why? because right now people are capable of getting what they want, when they want it. This means that people have very little time investment in their possessions (their pokemon). When people do not have very much time investment in their belongings, they don't feel attached to them; and for an MMO it means that people will have an easier time leaving the game. Right now, people only stay on this game due to the community (for those that actually become a part of it), and those that actual want to see where this game will go. Yes there are extreme cases where people have actually put a shitload of time investment into the game, because they started playing basically when this game started up.

That's another problem with this game. The majority of people who stick around are the people that are privy to IVs and basic Competitive Pokemon understanding. There is a small amount of people who actually seek out instruction about this topic. And there is a large number of players who only play the "noob phase" and have no understanding of the complexities of Pokemon and then quit when they learn that there are no Legendaries in this game, etc. Someone should make a suggestion for an in-game forced tutorial covering the true nature of Pokemon (if it hasn't already been suggested). And don't say "it's all on the forums", because the people who come onto the forums are the people that are gonna stick to the game anyways (usually). But this is for another time.

Some of you don't like my original idea because it would make the game more challenging for you, and it would be harder to get where you want to be (trust me though, the harder it is the more satisfying it is at the end). On the other hand, many of you disagree with me because you believe that the game is fine how it is. And that's fine, I didn't come into this expecting people to see eye to eye with me.

If the developers/moderators don't see it as a problem, then feel free to say that the game is where you want it to be right now and you are not going to mess with it in fear that it will mess things up and lock the thread.

As for me, I've pitched my idea, I've voiced my concerns based on my past experience with MMOs, and I have argued consistently for what I see as a problem. However, I have noticed that no one has come to agree/support me, so it leads me to question whether or not I am wrong (but I still stand firmly that I am right, but there is nothing more for me to say). Please believe me when I say that this suggestion was in good nature, I really do want to see this game succeed. But I won't be posting on this thread again.

At this point, feel free to counter this last post of mine, etc. But don't expect a response from me. I'm not admitting defeat. I'm merely recognizing the fact that in three pages, this thread has failed to make any progress. People are trying to convince me that "everything is alright" "we like it how it is right now", and I am being stubborn. Don't try to convince me otherwise, because you will be wasting your finger strength.

To the CMs/GMs/Devs, etc. Thank you for letting me voice my idea/concerns, etc. If you want me to clarify anything, feel free to message me.

Furthermore, if you think about this in the long term, the faster the production of these godly pokemon the more there are in the game. Since there is absolutely no "Pokemon sink" in this game, they will continue to exist in the game and eventually there will be no need for breeding (Players quitting, does not count as a sink). The reason that you aren't seeing it right now, is because we are still climbing out of what was before the December update. Not that long ago we saw the Smeargles and the Eevees completely devalue the Field egg group. That is spreading (basically already has) throughout the other egg groups.

I just wanted to address this point right here. I've got a Comp adamant Weezing in my boxes, OT Aestheticsbrah (praise) with Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Toxic, and Explosion. It's a relic from when Weezing was UU and we didn't have Egg moves. This pokemon is essentially worthless now, even though it was absolutely top of the line when I bought it. The point is, the meta changes constantly. Just wait till we get new pokemon added....the advent of pokes like swampert (ETA 2018) will make HP grass much more desirable in OU for example. So, yeah, there is a pokemon sink, and it's the constantly evolving metagame, which has evolved to support the advent of the new standards for competitive pokemon.

Your suggestion isn't without merit, but I just think its clear that the majority of the community (who have voiced themselves on here, at least), as well as the devs, see things differently than you do.

edit: oh and just to pick at the last line of what I quoted from you, I'm pretty sure someone just sold a 4x31 (non 31 speed) smeargle for 300k + shiny parasect. So I wouldn't' say Field is as devalued as you're making it out to be

I just wanted to address this point right here. I've got a Comp adamant Weezing in my boxes, OT Aestheticsbrah (praise) with Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball, Toxic, and Explosion. It's a relic from when Weezing was UU and we didn't have Egg moves. This pokemon is essentially worthless now, even though it was absolutely top of the line when I bought it. The point is, the meta changes constantly. Just wait till we get new pokemon added....the advent of pokes like swampert (ETA 2018) will make HP grass much more desirable in OU for example. So, yeah, there is a pokemon sink, and it's the constantly evolving metagame, which has evolved to support the advent of the new standards for competitive pokemon.

Adding onto this, we have soon to come a new set of moves courtesy of the pvp tower (eta 2015) and new tutor moves (see stuff being worked on as reference). These moves will create a different meta, new egg moves will be needed and new hidden powers will be desired, the meta is not stale for too long and new comps are always needed.

Adding onto this, we have soon to come a new set of moves courtesy of the pvp tower (eta 2015) and new tutor moves (see stuff being worked on as reference). These moves will create a different meta, new egg moves will be needed and new hidden powers will be desired, the meta is not stale for too long and new comps are always needed.

However there are only so many different moves we can implement, there will come a time where there are no longer things missing, and the meta will not undergo such drastic changes.

The game needs to be designed with the end result in mind.

And to be clear, as I've stated before; These event moves are likely to be made available through matchmaking also.

To the CMs/GMs/Devs, etc. Thank you for letting me voice my idea/concerns, etc. If you want me to clarify anything, feel free to message me.

No problem, your concerns and the views of others in this thread are likely to be something we discuss internally.

From what I hear, isn't the argument invalid in the long run? I mean, when this goes to Beta/live (if ever), aren't the Pokemon we have been collecting getting wiped? It won't really matter if the "economy" or the "meta game" is out of whack right now, correct? As much as I hate the thought of losing my shiny Slugma...I cannot be opposed to change simply because I dislike it. :)

From what I hear, isn't the argument invalid in the long run? I mean, when this goes to Beta/live (if ever), aren't the Pokemon we have been collecting getting wiped? It won't really matter if the "economy" or the "meta game" is out of whack right now, correct? As much as I hate the thought of losing my shiny Slugma...I cannot be opposed to change simply because I dislike it. :)

afaik there wont be a wipe

afaik there wont be a wipe

they said "characters" wouldn't be wiped. This is so that you can keep your friends list, Team and whatnot. They are really specific in the FAQ...seemingly.

EDIT: Wiping Pokemon would be possibly done to assure that everyone has equal footing as they move into Beta, which would be more akin to the final version of this game. Such a switch in phases could bring massive changes to the meta game, more massive than we have seen yet. Things could get rolled back to something that worked in an earlier Alpha patch, or stuff may be changed completely from anything we have seen yet. :) It's all good, but you may not see that now.

they said "characters" wouldn't be wiped. This is so that you can keep your friends list, Team and whatnot. They are really specific in the FAQ...seemingly.

EDIT: Wiping Pokemon would be possibly done to assure that everyone has equal footing as they move into Beta, which would be more akin to the final version of this game. Such a switch in phases could bring massive changes to the meta game, more massive than we have seen yet. Things could get rolled back to something that worked in an earlier Alpha patch, or stuff may be changed completely from anything we have seen yet. :) It's all good, but you may not see that now.

there were thousands of threads asking if our progress will be deleted and it always was said no. also it wouldnt make sense to houst tourneys and stuff with shiny prizes if we will get wiped anyway. i think it was mentioned since day 1 that no progress will be deleted.wiping everything besides friendlist and character would make no sense.

Well it was said that a wipe *may* be implemented if it is unavoidable. The things I mentioned [spoiler]( "Such a switch in phases could bring massive changes to the meta game, more massive than we have seen yet. Things could get rolled back to something that worked in an earlier Alpha patch, or stuff may be changed completely from anything we have seen yet." )[/spoiler] very well may be one of those things...or things I didn't think of...(the link chosen was due to no fluff and how to the point the response was, it is a bit dated)

EDIT: What I am really ttrying to get to is that people shouldn't be so worked up over how IVs are inherited. Good to discuss and whatnot, but demanding things may not even benefit you in the long run

• 1 year later...