Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

Update: Found an error in my calculations that resulted in players receiving too many points for the Gimmick Tournaments. This error was corrected and the resulting list is correct, although if you find anything wrong, please let me know.

Gimmick Tournaments were also adjusted and they will now be awarded 1 point for 1st and 0.5 points for 2nd. 

Unofficials were also excluded. I forgot why I wanted this list in the first place, and that is to compile the best players utilizing Official Tournaments only. While there are great unofficials with amazing competition, I've decided to exclude all. 

Added additional criteria to exclude events like the Team Tournament and the Relay Race Medley from individual scoring. 

Also, congratulations today to raaidn for winning the Borderline Tournament and earning himself one point. He is now ranked 6th. Congrats also to DestructX for earning 0.5 points for 2nd place and moving into a tie for 17th. 

Sorry, but shouldn't I be here? Because

http://challonge.com/nuuuwarriors

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/oceanicou1

http://pokemmostaff.challonge.com/STAB4

+ Misty's Brain Dance 2nd place in case you accept only partly PvP events so either way that's 5 or 6.

By your new count I should be at 5 now. (Haha, I just really want to be in this list.)

Anyways now I know why you might have been missing out, for some reason the Misty's Brain Dance 2nd place wasn't added to the ending post and therefor not to Hall Of Fame.

By your new count I should be at 5 now. (Haha, I just really want to be in this list.)

Anyways now I know why you might have been missing out, for some reason the Misty's Brain Dance 2nd place wasn't added to the ending post and therefor not to Hall Of Fame.

Ah I missed it. Sorry about that bro. Another 0.5 points awarded to OrangeManiac for his finish in Misty's Brain Dance. He is now tied for 18th place on the list. 

Update: What a shocker, congratulations to [RZKK] Renzokuken for winning their first PokeMMO Team Tournament today! In a somewhat unusual tournament that saw some of the best teams fall in the early rounds, [RZKK] emerged victorious defeating [sDOZ] in a dominant fashion. [RZKK] became only the sixth team to win the Team Tournament, breaking up a nine month stretch of [AW], [LYLE], and [PoAu] wins, 6, 2, and 1 respectively. We hope to see [RZKK] continue making moves in this tournament and competing with the best of the best for months to come. 

Update: What a shocker, congratulations to [RZKK] Renzokuken for winning their first PokeMMO Team Tournament today! In a somewhat unusual tournament that saw some of the best teams fall in the early rounds, [RZKK] emerged victorious defeating [sDOZ] in a dominant fashion. [RZKK] became only the sixth team to win the Team Tournament, breaking up a nine month stretch of [AW], [LYLE], and [PoAu] wins, 6, 2, and 1 respectively. We hope to see [RZKK] continue making moves in this tournament and competing with the best of the best for months to come. 

all the best teams lost because I wasn't online to coach... figures

all the best teams lost because I wasn't online to coach... figures

Yea where the fuck were you when I was losing to a Frenchman?

I wouldve been fine had I had HP Fire magneton, Excuse me while I kill myself, I mean breed for hidden power on a duel ability poke. 

Edited by GymLeaderGreen
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering why I have been removed from the list. I won a UU, 2nd place UU and won a tier shift (OU-UU).

[spoiler]Standard Tournament Criteria

1. The official tournament must be, or a combination of, OU / UU / NU / OU Doubles, it cannot include any other tier such as UU Doubles[/spoiler]

Update: Congratulations to Nikhilr for winning the OU Doubles tournament yesterday and earning himself two points for a standard tournament win. He is now tied for 14th place. Also, welcome to the club OldKeith. Keith fought for his spot and found something I overlooked. Apologies to you good sir. I had Tier Shift tournaments previously listed as a gimmick and I forgot to swap yours over.

Also a little suggestion... let's say 4 people have 10,7,7,5 points respectively. in your case you will have the first as #1, second and third as #2 while the fourth person will be #3. Would it not make more sense to have him as #4 instead? 

Example:

13th [CB] Jeehad                        - 8.0 Points

[CB] Fujimura                    - 8.0 Points

[PoAu] LeGaryOak         - 8.0 Points

[BAIL] NlCEGUY              - 8.0 Points

17th [IvsU] Corroios                - 7.5 Points

[PoAu] Jayfeatskydd    - 7.5 Points

[LYLE] Nikhilr                - 7.5 Points

20th [CB] LeVolpe                 - 6.5 Points

That is the way I've seen people listed in some official events IRL, and I think it is a bit more accurate as a representation.

Edited by keithgalbraith

Also a little suggestion... let's say 4 people have 10,7,7,5 points respectively. in your case you will have the first as #1, second and third as #2 while the fourth person will be #3. Would it not make more sense to have him as #4 instead?

Example:

13th [CB] Jeehad - 8.0 Points

[CB] Fujimura- 8.0 Points

[PoAu] LeGaryOak- 8.0 Points

[BAIL] NlCEGUY- 8.0 Points

17th [IvsU] Corroios - 7.5 Points

[PoAu] Jayfeatskydd- 7.5 Points

[LYLE] Nikhilr - 7.5 Points

20th [CB] LeVolpe - 6.5 Points

That is the way I've seen people listed in some official events IRL, and I think it is a bit more accurate as a representation.

It's just a matter of my own personal preference. I personally don't like the broken up listings since it seems to place priority on the person listed first, while in truth it's just an alphabetical coincidence. But I can make the change tonight and see how I feel.

Edit: and lol'ing at the IRL reference. This is pretty irl if I'd say so. Real life competition mate.

EDIT2: Tried it, really don't like it. Difficult for alignment as well. 

Edited by DoubleJJ

Update: Oldkeith says put me on the board, and then he goes and wins another official. Congratulations Keith brah, you killed it today in the Mystery Tier Shift! Congratulations also to KingBowser who extended his lead as the #1 Player on this list with a second place finish. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Congratulations to [AW] for winning another team tournament and pulling even further away from [LYLE]. With this win, [LYLE] is unable to pass them with a single team tournament win alone and will need to put together a strong effort in the coming months. Congratulations also go out to Burntzebra, OrangeManiac, and Yettodie for their finishes in the recent gimmick tournaments. Keep it up guys!

Listed Below are the Best Players in PokeMMO

Congratulations

1st [LYLE] KingBowser       - 28.5 Points

2nd [AW] Frags                    - 25.5 Points

3rd [BAIL] Amanu               - 17.5 Points

4th [LYLE] JSTUD               - 14.0 Points

5th [IvsU] TopQuake             - 12.0 Points

5th [MISC] uMadBrah             - 12.0 Points

6th [LYLE] Raaidn                   - 11.5 points

7th [BAIL] ThinkNice              - 11.0 Points

8th [LYLE] DoubleJJ             - 10.5 Points

8th [LYLE] TheBloo                - 10.5 Points

9th [PoAu] Daniellegal       - 10.0 Points

10th [CB] Barrage           ,          - 9.5 Points

10th [CiX] BurntZebra           - 9.5 Points

11th [PoAu] Forfiter                 - 9.0 Points

11th [GOK] JorgeBale              - 9.0 Points

12th [LYLE] Nikhilr                - 8.5 Points

13th [CB] Jeehad                        - 8.0 Points

13th [CB] Fujimura                    - 8.0 Points

13th [PoAu] LeGaryOak         - 8.0 Points

13th [BAIL] NlCEGUY              - 8.0 Points

14th [IvsU] Corroios                - 7.5 Points

14th [PoAu] Jayfeatskydd    - 7.5 Points

15th [CiX] OldKeith               - 7.0 Points

16th [CB] LeVolpe                 - 6.5 Points

17th [PoAu] CorED               - 6.0 Points

17th [PkeM] OrangeManiac  - 6.0 Points

18th [CiX] Destructx               - 5.5 Points

19th [LYLE] Fishtickles         - 5.0 Points

19th [DD] Phoenixxz               - 5.0 Points

19th [CB] Siege                        - 5.0 Points

These are the Best Players in PokeMMO.

Scoring was based on the following formula:

Master of Masters +3

Master +2

Underdog Champion +2

Master's Invite +1

Underdog Invite +1

1st Place Official +2

2nd Place Official +1

1st Place Official Gimmick* +1

2nd Place Official Gimmick* +0.5

1st Place PokeOlympics +1

1st Place Official Sub-Division +1

Inclusion Criteria: Winning an Official Tournament

*Players with 4 or fewer points were excluded from this list

Data was collected from PokeMMO Official Hall of Fame and it includes all completed official events to date (September 20th, 2014).

*Standard Tournament Criteria and Official Gimmick Event Description

[spoiler] Standard Tournament Criteria

1. The official tournament must be, or a combination of, OU / UU / NU / OU Doubles, it cannot include any other tier such as UU Doubles
2. The official tournament must be 6vs6 it was hosted on or after August 2014
3. The official tournament must not exclude pokemon from the defined tier that is to be played (for example, Johto Cup does not qualify since it excludes #1-151 Pokemon)
4. The official tournament must be 1 player vs 1 player, or a partner's tournament, where each player has to play, or forfeit every round
5. The official tournament must be PVP Only
6. The official tournament must not allow for opportunities to advance a round without a duel, other than a bye (for example, Blaine's Quiz Heats would not qualify)
7. The official tournament may include 100s Singles, if it was hosted on or before August 2014
An Official Gimmick Tournament shall award players with 1.0 points for 1st place and 0.5 points for 2nd place. An Official Gimmick Tournament will be defined as such if it does not meet the above Standard Tournament criteria
[/spoiler]

I just saw and had to ask.

I know i was inactive for a long time and things could have changed but why is siege listed as cb? I knew him as fys?

I just saw and had to ask.

I know i was inactive for a long time and things could have changed but why is siege listed as cb? I knew him as fys?

Ah my apologies. Old team threads aren't very helpful as many didn't have rosters. I'll edit next time I'm on my pc.

Update: Congratulations to TheBloo and KingBowser for winning the NU Official today! TheBloo advances into 5th Place while KingBowser extends his lead even further. KingBowser has now won back-to-back officials and appears to be coming into the new year strong. TheBloo meanwhile has returned from the dead in an unlikely tier, helping to secure the win today against a strong showing from his opponent, Longshark. 

Interesting to see team standings from a total of individual player points. Might be a bit wrong, but sketched this out of curiosity mainly:

LYLE 92.5
PoAu 40.5
BAIL 36.5
CB 32
AW 25.5
CiX 22
IvsU 19.5

I really wanted to do this kind of thing to add to the team glory, but players jump ship on other teams just too damn much. 

EDIT: Tfw Frags is the only AW player on the board

Edited by DoubleJJ