[Denied]Players get to keep mewtwo longer before battle challenge

I suggest players get to keep mewtwo for a longer amount of time before being forced to battle. A time like 10-30~ minutes would give the new owner more time to enjoy and play around with mewtwo. They would also get to leave cerulean cave and get a chance to hide with it.

Pros:

-more fun

-able to take a step and leave the cave

-show it off to friends etcs

Cons:

?

The current mechanics are fine how they are. Not to mention that preventing that specific account from taking battles for 30 or so minutes would just add to the complexity of the programming (something that the developers have proven to not want to do).

So, nah I don't think anything needs to be changed.

Imo removing the surf restriction would be cool. As far as I know once you get mewtwo you can't leave the cave and if no one goes there to battle, you are stuck until mewtwo leaves or you log off. Consider that surf alone isn't as op as fly, unstuck or switch channels.

Imo removing the surf restriction would be cool. As far as I know once you get mewtwo you can't leave the cave and if no one goes there to battle, you are stuck until mewtwo leaves or you log off. Consider that surf alone isn't as op as fly, unstuck or switch channels.

Haha what are you talking about? I've seen people with Mewtwo outside the cave before. 

There are some ledges southwest of the cave that can be jumped down to reach Cerulean~

Haha what are you talking about? I've seen people with Mewtwo outside the cave before. 

Yes, but if you happen to catch mewtwo inside the cave in an area surrounded by water, you can't get out.

Only the next challenger can get out if he surfs, then challenges the owner while on water, and exits the cave.

But, I don't think that the 10 minutes are necessary. Especially at this point in the game, nobody really cares about mewtwo anymore; and if you're fast enough, you've got time to run and hide.

Yes, but if you happen to catch mewtwo inside the cave in an area surrounded by water, you can't get out.

Yeah, I meant deeper in the cave, not in the entrance when most the players seem to grind.

let me just screenshot this

You should check out his post (the one about milotic) in the event suggestions and feedback thread...

I think that the entire Mewtwo event is to get players to have it in their pokedex... That's about all that it is good for... "Showing it off" is just stupid, because it isn't really thaat impressive...

Since when, in any pokemon game, has a legendary pokemon been rare? I really dont give 2 fucks if someone has a mewtwo following them, just dont allow it in tourny play and make everyone happy

If someone gets butthurt because "omg so many mewtwo follow wow no like" they can just turn off follower sprites. What difference does it make if everyone has one or nobody has one? Mewtwo isn't impressive at all to look at and the same ~10-15 people get him over and over again.

Since when, in any pokemon game, has a legendary pokemon been rare? I really dont give 2 fucks if someone has a mewtwo following them, just dont allow it in tourny play and make everyone happy

If someone gets butthurt because "omg so many mewtwo follow wow no like" they can just turn off follower sprites. What difference does it make if everyone has one or nobody has one? Mewtwo isn't impressive at all to look at and the same ~10-15 people get him over and over again.

The point is in this game you are just another trainer. There is only one legendary pokemon hence why it is "legendary". If everyone got a mewtwo their would be literally nothing legendary about this

The point is in this game you are just another trainer. There is only one legendary pokemon hence why it is "legendary". If everyone got a mewtwo their would be literally nothing legendary about this

who cares if its "legendary" or not?

I wouldn't care if everyone had a mewtwo tbh. As long as its banned in tmode its fine to me

I wouldn't care if everyone had a mewtwo tbh. As long as its banned in tmode its fine to me

You forget that this is an MMO and you are playing with other people in a much more "up close" fashion than you would in a cartridge game. Even in Gen 6, you don't play as closely with other people as you do here. Certain things have been changed to accommodate a high volume of players in a single world (and will continue to be). So far, I think they have done a bang up job of changing the single player form of the cartridge game into a viable MMO...

Well the thing is, there is only one mewtwo. Therefore not everyone should just have one. Also if it's banned in tournament mode why would you even want one?