[Denied]Alert for certain players coming online

a big problem I have when I make a trade on trade corner/arrange a psl match is knowing when people are online, whispering them constantly is a pain in the ass, especially since my friends list is full and i dont really want to add strangers from trade corner ect.

What I am suggesting an alert that would tell you when a certain player comes online.

So I could type /playeralert PlebMi and when that player comes online, you could either get a system announcement/message or the same box that appears for friends/team (though It seems to be ignored most times)

Pros

Easier to complete pre-arranged things (e.g. adding new friends, arranged trades, arranged fights)

Cons

Can't really think of any.

feel free to think of a more fitting name

Can just block those.

How you know who is stalking you though, unless I missed it, the OP never states that the player being "followed" receives a notification.

This is the only reason I could see why this would be a bad thing. We could also implement a /who option, some other MMOs have this.

Kinda sure the "/who" has been suggested and denied before for similar reasons.

How you know who is stalking you though, unless I missed it, the OP never states that the player being "followed" receives a notification.

that could be implemented

and honestly, if someone follows you around in pokemmo what actually happens? their avatar stands next to your avatar?

Some people wouldn't want this sort of "alert" set on them. I am unsure if this has been mentioned but I think it's a good idea as long as it's only with people who are on your friends list, and/or people are able to toggle on and off the ability for people to create these alerts for them (much like being able to turn off friend/team invites). 

Kinda sure the "/who" has been suggested and denied before for similar reasons.

Found it, my shitty connection won't let me edit my post so will add here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/4492-a-who-command-to-give-trainer-information/

It was suggested before but never denied, can go and add to that topic if you feel like doing so.

that could be implemented

and honestly, if someone follows you around in pokemmo what actually happens? their avatar stands next to your avatar?

But this suggestion is to let them know when you log in, Im sure some wouldn't like strange people knowing their log-in times.

Some people wouldn't want this sort of "alert" set on them. I am unsure if this has been mentioned but I think it's a good idea as long as it's only with people who are on your friends list, and/or people are able to toggle on and off the ability for people to create these alerts for them (much like being able to turn off friend/team invites). 

But you already get notifications when people in your friend list logs in.

To sum all up: I'm not against it as long as you have other command to "block" the notification, something like "/hide" as suggested in the "/who" thread.

But you already get notifications when people in your friend list logs in.

To sum all up: I'm not against it as long as you have other command to "block" the notification, something like "/hide" as suggested in the "/who" thread.

That is true, I was picturing these "alerts" as more of a red text/middle of screen type thing. Different from the "____ has signed on". I should have elaborated a bit more then. 

a big problem I have when I make a trade on trade corner/arrange a psl match is knowing when people are online, whispering them constantly is a pain in the ass,

I suggested like a drop box system with the PC's probably more than a year ago. Same thing as regular trade right now except you can drop it off to a PC and you go through the trade steps and confirmation messages just whenever you're on-line – no chasing people or waiting.

Example:

-Player 1 drops off pokemon for trade at 8 a.m. before work in PC drop box for Player 2.

-Player 2 hops on lap top during lunch and sees the pokemon in the drop box with his name. Player 2 hits confirm trade.

-Player 1 gets home from work at 3:30 p.m. and also confirms. Player 1 leaves to go hang out with friends IRL.

-Player 2 signs on at 5:00 p.m. and picks up his pokemon. Done.

--No time wasted sending PM's asking when/where to meet. No time wasted waiting and trying to whisper in game at different times during the day.--

It seems like it would be a helpful option especially for players in different time zones or players who are busy in life.

I suggested like a drop box system with the PC's probably more than a year ago. Same thing as regular trade right now except you can drop it off to a PC and you go through the trade steps and confirmation messages just whenever you're on-line. No chasing people or waiting.

Example:

-Player 1 drops off pokemon for trade at 8 a.m. before work in PC drop box for Player 2.

-Player 2 hops on lap top during lunch and sees the pokemon in the drop box with his name. Player 2 hits confirm trade.

-Player 1 gets home from work at 3:30 p.m. and also confirms. Player 1 leaves to go hang out with friends IRL.

-Player 2 signs on at 5:00 p.m. and picks up his pokemon. Done.

--No time wasted sending PM's asking when/where to meet. No time wasted waiting and trying to whisper in game at different times during the day.--

It seems like it would be a helpful option especially for players in different time zones or players who are busy in life.

Though, the alert is for more than just trades but I do like the sound of having some sort of drop box.

This sounds an awful lot like features the already confirmed mail system would have (At least to me anyway)

It would be as helpful as the forum PM system, unless it has some other use than just sending mail. though they could work well together,

Make deal through in game pm system > set the player to give an alert when they come online > deal finished.

Worrying about stalkers< This is not facebook guys.

There are stalkers here that aren't put off by a block in game and forums. Some people will make 100s of alt accounts on the forums/in game in order to spam you messages, send inappropriate material, etc. You can't shrug off the stalking point.

>Just add the person and unfriend after the deal.

You completely missed the point.

How can you add them if they're not online? This would give you an alert of some sort when they come online so you could add them or just do the deal.

Also, to add someone, I'd have to delete someone and I'd rather not do that for someone I don't even like.