Old School Marathon Tournament (August 16th)

iAuZrJT.gif

Explanation:
This will be a marathon event day that will ultimately result in a Finals Tournament later on in the night. There will be 2 placement tournaments with 1 being run using the OU tier and the the 2nd being run using the UU tier. The top 4 players from each placement will move to the Finals Tournament. The Finals Tournament will be double elimination. All matches will be 3v3 with ITEM CLAUSE. (Just like in the very early days of PvP competition). Each tournament will consist of 32 players with unlimited reserves.

Signups:
You may only signup for one of the two placement parts. When the registration period is opened, you will make a post including your name and which tournament you want to participate in (1 or 2).
Reserves will go just as any other tournament. I will take all the people wanting to be in the OU Placement and take the first 32 who signed up, the rest will be the reserves. Same will go for the UU Placement bracket.

Date+Time:
Saturday, 16th of August ( ALL parts will follow each other directly)
Placement OU - 3:00PM GMT +2 | 1:00PM GMT
Placement UU - 6:00PM GMT +2 | 4:00PM GMT
Finals Tournament (top bracket ou, loser bracket uu) - 9:00 PM GMT +2 | 7:00PM GMT

Wednesday, 13th of August @ 2:00PM EDT | 6:00PM GMT | 8:00PM GMT+2

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Time/Self KO/Item Clause/Baton Pass Clause
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned Pokemon:
Wobbuffet, Curse on Snorlax, Tyranitar, Diglett, Dugtrio, Heracross, Ryhdon(In UU), Dodrio(In UU)
Additionally Banned OU Pokemon ( All Pokemon after the Halloween Spookie event)
[spoiler]
Wobbuffet
Ursaring
Skarmory
Smeargle
Heracross
Tyranitar
Ludicolo
Breloom
Slaking
Hariyama
Claydol
Salamence
[/spoiler]

Banned Moves:
Hyperbeam, Curse on Snorlax

Prize(s):
1st Tournament OU - 1st- 4th Place will all receive Finals invite.

2nd Tournament UU - 1st- 4th Place will all receive Finals invite.

Finals Tournament - 1st place = Shiny Duskull 2nd place = Shiny Shellder

If you are on the bracket for this tournament and cannot attend please send me a PM, or post in the thread letting me know you cannot make it, this lessens the time it takes for signs ups the day of the tournament. Thanks in advance.

Notes:

• Do not AFK Timeout your opponent unless your referee has stated you may.
  • Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this and disregarding staff requesting you to unblock said individuals you will be DQ'd.
  • Volpi Clause (requesting to change channels for your matches) will not be allowed for this tournament. Entrants are encouraged to uncheck "Render Overworld in Battle". (Menu -> Settings -> Video).
  • Tournament Mode must be used for all duels.

Host = Caracal
Placement #1 Refs = Musica Noad Eggplant
Placement #2 Refs = Musica Noad RyukoNotsunaga Eggplant
Finals Ref = Musica Noad Eggplant

Feedback is encouraged. Also if there are any OP mistakes feel free to PM me or post on the thread.

Edited by Caracal
Changed to EDT

What tier is the finals tournament? I did not see that in the topic. Otherwise it could be interesting, just going to be very different building a UU team with so many major threats banned.

Winners bracket OU, Losers bracket UU.

And just like in the early days we have a way too good shiny prize for a shitty gimmick.

I'm surprised it's not a shiny Eevee.

I mean thank you. Thank you for actually running a tournament in which we the community can compete in AND receive and nice shiny in the end for all the hard work of having to be a top performer in TWO tournaments. Not to mention that you are doing this on a weekend for probably a good 9 hours during your own vacation in a foreign country spending time with someone you only get to see once every few months.

I fixed it for you, no worries.
I really wish that just once people would try to think of the positive and realize that staff are human too and take time out of their schedule to do something for the community. You don't seem to have any interest in this tournament or really actually playing the game so i don't see why you have to leave such a negative comment.

Edit. Crossed that out as I regret saying it completely.

Edited by Caracal