A drop of water finds its home

A blue sky falls

A man ducks his head

A feather touches water

A droplet breaks

A man rises

• 3 weeks later...

"A man has seen much, though he has done little"

A small addition, nothing big. Just sounds better to me. Also, that basically describes most of the internet.

Yeah, it's funny, I wrote this poem for the express purpose of having that line.  After the surprising success of my other poem, I thought, "What if I wrote a super pretentious poem that people would dig to far into, like the ones in school?"  And then, poof, here it was!  I find it hilarious that so many people like this one as much as my other one xD

Also, I wrote that line after watching The Big Lebowski for the first time in a few years xD

EDIT: yeah, after reading over it again after about a month, good God, it is so pretentious... the quoting machine will show the ridiculous lines that rhyme by saying words like Yoda and other stuff I find terrible:

A feather floats only softly down

Eugh

A drop of water lands, falls slowly

This one in particular is really nasty

A droplet breaks

I said this because I had already said it landed, and it really shows xD

Anyways, whatever, if you like it, you like it.  And for that, I thank you :)

I thought, "What if I wrote a super pretentious poem that people would dig to far into, like the ones in school?"

Yeah, exactly. A poem that could mean literally anything, and probably means nothing; but you have to write a paper about it, so you just put down some hifalutin, pseudo-philosophical drivel and get an A+.

I mean, yours is really good at sounding fancy without going on about bleeding roses. AKA the "angsty teenager technique."

[spoiler]I think English Lit/AP English is just training for politics: attempt to pretend as convincingly as possible that you know what you're talking about.[/spoiler]

• Kizhaz locked this topic