Football discussion thread

RysPicz

26 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Totally this. Liverpool vs Sevilla gonna be epic, we can see Madrid derbi in primera division at least twice a year ._.

Exactly. I think this will be match good enough even for CL final. Two very good teams close to each other. 

On 7/5/2016 at 11:34 AM, ShadowGary said:

Talking about Liverpool, I still can't believe they let Steven Gerrard go. 

Nothing hurts more than Petr Čech leaving Chelsea, almost one year...

Spoiler

Even if Chelsea lost against PSG and Arsenal against Barcelona..

2 hours ago, Noad said:

If the OP of this thread is changed to be more clear about what is being discussed I will move this to Multimedia. Alternatively a new thread can be made in the section. 

What? If the OP is unclear about what is being discussed then the people not understanding the title are impaired and I can hardly do anything with this.

I don't mind if this gets moved at all, all I want is a polite, civilized thread about our favourite sport that does not bring any harm nor requires moderation considering the quality of posts and maturity of people discussing.

Just now, RysPicz said:

What? If the OP is unclear about what is being discussed then the people not understanding the title are impaired and I can hardly do anything with this.

I don't mind if this gets moved at all, all I want is a polite, civilized thread about our favourite sport that does not bring any harm nor requires moderation considering the quality of posts and maturity of people discussing.

Your opening post is confusing and unclear as it still resembles an introduction thread. It's fine to remain here as an introduction thread if you do not wish to change it and a new thread is welcome to be made in the Multimedia section. 

Soooo bois this was a busy weekend for us!

Ajax lost the championship in the last match, England's fighting for the european cup positions, Atletico is out from fight in PD, Barcelona holds the lead. Unfortunately I couldn't watch anything else but Barcelona's match (brutal shit coming from Espanol, yet they still got rekt 5:0) but it was worth it doe.

Waiting for that European Cup finals, Sevilla vs Liverpool looks more electrifying than Atleti v Real :C

question, why is watching people play a game that in no way effects you or anyone you know enjoyable? are you learning how to improve your own skills in the game? do you even play? i dont understand. why not just go play the game yourself if you like it so much?

spectator sports have always confused me.

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

question, why is watching people play a game that in no way effects you or anyone you know enjoyable? are you learning how to improve your own skills in the game? do you even play? i dont understand. why not just go play the game yourself if you like it so much?

Maybe people are bad and can't play but like watching other people play it bro. 

2 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

this sport makes u feel a lot of emotions, it's a really intense game where u can sometimes watch some incredible things happen, besides u can always argue with ur friends that support a rival team and mess with each other (I like that) and yeah I watch and play the game. Sometimes watching can help u improve cause in this specific sport u can copy some of the things they do like the dribbles and stuff

Edited by Arimanius
Typo
8 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

Not everyone is born talented. Not everyone can dedicate their life to a sport and gain talent. That's when idols are born. You start to see what you always dreamed of by watching them play. You start to get emotionally attached to players, to an extent that you actually cry when they are down and jump with joy in their glory. That is how fans are and this doesn't limit to only sports.

13 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

there's no reason. is something that you can't control. is passion, is in your veins
in my case, im brazilian and "i don't like football" what? this is not even a option
I like to play and watch
I got a 7-1 but im still here

Same here, I used to play a lot and I even had some successes in school team (played as a midfielder), it became my passion but life decided to throw me on different rails. Still I keep enjoying the game itself and some magic tricks coming from the best :v)

I used to be a gk when I was younger, the club I played for had a gk coach and everything and we won the season that year, but for some reason I stopped being in goals to play on the pitch the following years and slowly dropped to the lower/est division and now don't play :/

Always wonder if I stayed in goals what could've been