CatchMMO Comeback (December 20th)

Rache

Yeah I undestand all of that, I just thought that perhaps the reasoning was you couldn't tell the difference between gift and bred pokemon.  Just kind of threw me off cause the gift pokemon were allowed during the catching days which I thought was what this was meant to emulate, I didn't take the title entirely literally I guess.

I feel sad for the 31 participants who will not win this. CatchMMO is so much more grinding than actual breeding...

I wouldn't be surprised if Rachel continued to host it/other staff did if all goes well. So it's not that big of a loss if they're prepared/almost prepared for one in the future. 

I think it's very subjective in regards to catching vs breeding. A balance is best but eh, I would rather spend all day hunting than breeding, even if I come up empty handed. It's fun in a group. 

Not trying to single you out or anything! 

Just a question about the Pokemon we can use... Can we use the same species of poke more than once in the party (for example: 2 Gengars) as long as they're wild, and as long as they were caught after October?

Species clause will be in play, so nope. Only one of each Pokemon~

You might want to consider banning choice band. A lot of the people participating in this wont be able to get one and it makes it kind of unfair.

There is still plenty of time to obtain one, and it's not overly difficult~ One can be won from the Trainer Tower in a day or two if the player has a decent team for it or one can be bought from another player after a couple of days of money grinding. If the first method isn't possible, the second one, while more time consuming, is something that every player has access to. There are still more than two weeks left, so how players spend that time is up to them. If they want a Choice Band, they still have time to get one.

Maybe he has a point. I mean wanst this tourny supposed to be about effort not wealth?yes you could try hard and get it from trainer tower but at this point you would have to have a great comp team to get it in time, so you would have to buy it or a comp team good enough to win, even then it would cost a large amount for most average players so it puts a great number of them at an extreme disadvantage. Either way i think this should be considered.In fact all items should be banned if the pokemon cant be caught holding it.

Edited by popepara

Maybe he has a point. I mean wanst this tourny supposed to be about effort not wealth?yes you could try hard and get it from trainer tower but at this point you would have to have a great comp team to get it in time, so you would have to buy it or a comp team good enough to win, even then it would cost a large amount for most average players so it puts a great number of them at an extreme disadvantage. Either way i think this should be considered.In fact all items should be banned if the pokemon cant be caught holding it.

I disagree, held items are really important to competitive play and shouldn't be disregarded for this tournament. Leftovers, for example, can make the difference between something being a 2HKO and a 3HKO, whereas a petaya/salac berry can be used to try and set up a sweep. Obviously this is my opinion, I'm not the host but I have a feeling that Rache will agree. 

I disagree, held items are really important to competitive play and shouldn't be disregarded for this tournament. Leftovers, for example, can make the difference between something being a 2HKO and a 3HKO, whereas a petaya/salac berry can be used to try and set up a sweep. Obviously this is my opinion, I'm not the host but I have a feeling that Rache will agree. 

I agree with you but i felt like this was more about the pokemon than what items you can use to make them better

I have a question concerning the OT:

If one of my alts (on the same account) is the OT, am I allowed to use it or not?

It will count as a different OT. You can still use it, but at least 4/6 Pokemon used in each battle have to be the OT of the character that you play on.

• 2 weeks later...