[IPS] Ikarus' Lost Property (Kanto Graphics Patch) updated 6.9.2015

This is really impressive~ The tall grass in Berry Forest stands out a bit much though, and Saffron doesn't seem city-y enough with the grass~ The rest is gorgeous.

Grass standing out? I'm red-green colorblind (;

I'll put a note in to edit saffron city. Believe me, there were a LOT that I wished to include, but the tilesets are so so very small. Celadon was a nightmare, but looks like I could squeeze a little more into saffron. any suggestions as to the color scheme?

Edited by Ikarus

Grass standing out? I'm red-green colorblind (;

I'll put a note in to edit saffron city. Believe me, there were a LOT that I wished to include, but the tilesets are so so very small. Celadon was a nightmare, but looks like I could squeeze a little more into saffron. any suggestions as to the color scheme?

The long grass in Berry Forest seems a little too dark in comparison to the surrounding areas.

As for Saffron... Perhaps a similar colour scheme to HG/SS? The gold in particular suits the city, especially given its name. The grey provides some nice contrast.

Saffron_City_HGSS.png

The long grass in Berry Forest seems a little too dark in comparison to the surrounding areas.

As for Saffron... Perhaps a similar colour scheme to HG/SS? The gold in particular suits the city, especially given its name. The grey provides some nice contrast.

Saffron_City_HGSS.png

Hm, I'll try to edit the pallettes for the brown tiles, and I'll add in the grey/black streets in place of the grass in the next update (:
For now, I want to wait and see if there are any tile errors. I already found one :X

Small Update

Download Ikarus' Graphics Patch v1.1

• Guard house warps fixed [major error]
  • Miscellaneous tile errors fixed
  • Doors with animations that were glitched were removed and replaced with static door image

Notes:
    - Saffron City tiles are not yet updated. Sorry!
    - If you want to have the beach animations & fountain to work, request PokeMMO staff to implement!

- Any progammers willing to make a plugin for NSE2.0 that extracts and imports all Pokemon sprite data (palettes + front/back image + party/PC icon)? Would be extremely helpful for the rom hacking community (:
Edited by Ikarus

@InterCityFirm

PokeMMO uses day and night system-- colors gradually get darker and then back to lighter. The only time it looks like the pics are when it's daytime (:

If you were to load the game in an emulator, it would look like the pictures all the time.

First of all, nice patch - I'm sorry I haven't been able to look at the palette issues in full.

Whilst looking at your patch however, I discovered that this tile:

Behaviour_Byte60.png

(Surrounded by the red square) is using behaviour byte 60, which means when it's interacted with in game, it acts as if it is a warp, and fades the screen to black.

It should be a relatively quick fix.

@Darkshade

I'm pretty sure I fixed that tile in the latest update! Please let me know immediately if I didn't! 

I think an example of that tile is found in the route to the right of Pewter City.

I know there are some other tile errors (like the top of grass/mountain tiles in the Islands), but I've addressed them in the patch I'm working on. I'm thinking about editing the preexisting door animations in the rom, but that may take time. Also, I need to get to the saffron ground that I promised Rache.

Edited by Ikarus

Small Update

Download Ikarus' Graphics Patch v1.2

• Saffron City Updated
  • Multiple tile errors fixed

Bad news: Door animations do NOT work! When preexisting door animations are edited using Lu-Ho's Door Animation Editor, the animation works perfectly, but the palette for the door becomes glitched. This does NOT occur when the game is loaded in an emulator, therefore this issue is attributed to PokeMMO. Sorry to those of you that want to have animations!

Edited by Ikarus

Pequeña actualización
01/10/2015

Descargar Ikarus 'Gráficos Parche v1.2

• Ciudad Azafrán Actualizado
  • Errores de baldosas múltiplo fijo

Malas noticias: animaciones puertas no funcionan! Cuando preexistentes animaciones puertas se han editado con puerta Animación Editor de Lu-Ho, la animación funciona perfectamente, pero la paleta de la puerta se vuelve glitched. Esto no se produce cuando el juego se carga en un emulador, por lo tanto, este problema se atribuye a PokeMMO. Lo siento por aquellos que quieren tener animaciones!

​ Pity about the doors! anyway still being very good Ikarus your work !!  you are the best Man  B)

Edited by voykas

Large Update

Download Ikarus' Graphics Patch v2.0

Download Ikarus Found her Moemon v1.4

• Now compatible with Moemon v1.4! Hurray! Thank you Moetal and co. for your lovely work!
    Girl characters get a bonus (:
  • [spoiler]I moved all of Advanced Map's repointed data to offset x900000, allowing Moemon to be patched.
    If Moemon gets updated anytime in the future, download Ikarus' Graphics Patch, patch it to a clean FireRed rom, and then patch Moemon on top![/spoiler]
  • Various tile error updates. Please tell me if there are other tile errors! Your help is very much appreciated (:
Edited by Ikarus