A shift in prizes given for official events.

Squirtle

But, HP breeding does require more planning and work, should they be given out at the same level as  just any comp shiny?

You could have them as prizes for more prestigious tournaments.

edit: like the climax of a tournament serie

Edited by ThinkNice

aslong as it is a gift pokemon anyway it has no value

I would just like to point out that even though the gift shiny may not have any value in and of itself, it will still affect the overall value, albeit to a small extent. As it takes out a potential buyer for that pokemon, and reduces it's "special" one-of-a-kind/limited value.

So no:

Blaziken

Metagross

Gengar

Jolteon

Magneton

P2

All Psychic types

All Fire types

Dragonite

Exeggutor

Sceptile

Vaporeon (meta could shift in a way that HP Electric is norm)

Ampharos

Camerupt

Electabuzz

Electrode

Golduck

Lanturn

Omastar

Magmar

Manectric

Misdreavus

Raichu

Pikachu

Sharkpedo

Shiftree

Vileplume

shitty system

Well out of those only a part NEED hidden power to be viable.

Sort of made me think of something, can we request any pokemon in a chain of a pokemons evolution or will it always be set?  Trade evolving pokemon are why I bring this up.

EDIT: Well, not we, they.  I don't suspect I will be winning any tournaments.

Edited by Munya

What's LYLE's answer to this lol? Curious to know since most wins go to them (Not being a ass).

We're all pretty much of the mindset that not being able to trade your prize for in-game value is going to be a negative and will hurt opportunity to advance throughout the game.

While trophies in and of themselves are appreciated, they will only be a means for gloating in my opinion alone. I personally don't like rubbing something in someone's face when I beat them on an individual level. 

Now as for Team Glory...

[spoiler] LYLE #1 [/spoiler]

We're all pretty much of the mindset that not being able to trade your prize for in-game value is going to be a negative and will hurt opportunity to advance throughout the game.

While trophies in and of themselves are appreciated, they will only be a means for gloating in my opinion alone. I personally don't like rubbing something in someone's face when I beat them on an individual level. 

Now as for Team Glory...

[spoiler] LYLE #1 [/spoiler]

With the change in event prizes I am asking the host of events give options for both first and second place prizes so players may choose to an extent what it is they want. But understand this will still be decided upon by the staff member hosting the event in question.

Yeah I agree with that. However, they are still viable comps, and I would be glad+proud to win a shiny one.

I would not like a shiny Jolt with no hidden power, though...

I guess it's aight. On second thought I don't mind either way. (well just not give out shiny jolts or stuff)

If you not think you will give then hiddenpowers, then make them 6*31, the only problem i see in this is some comp players can see this as an unfair adventage in comp. And i don't believe that any compplayer will see this as that big unfair adventage, because of there already is a lot of comps out there which is close enough to be godly to this little difference will mean nothing, also these shiny comps will be very scouted so even if they have 6*31 i think there is a big chance for people still not will use them in comp

Still saying trade in a comp you already have and make it shiny

i think it would be cool if, say the prize is shiny slowbro.

you could choose to take a random shiny slowbro, or make your own slowbro shiny (99% of people would use a comp one).

I think it would have to be an OT of yours to make it shiny though, so they kinda have to work for making the comp.

Edited by cgaribaldi94

also these shiny comps will be very scouted so even if they have 6*31 i think there is a big chance for people still not will use them in comp

This option seems to be overlooked a lot, but unless egg moves or varying natures are involved, players can simply redo the moves and/or EV spread of the shiny comp at any time (and the same goes for normal Pokemon if someone doesn't want to make 5 of the same species with the current breeding system) if they're afraid of being scouted or they just want to use the Pokemon differently. It would cost a bit to do each time, but depending on the person, the ability to use a fully competitive shiny Pokemon that few other players would have may be deemed worthwhile.

How it worked :

Spend everything on Decent comps -> Win tourney -> Sell the Prize (Shiny) -> More comps

How this will be :

Spend everything on Comp -> Win and have something to boast about -> Still poor for comps

Don't think how that should be.

Maybe a Special Prize Ribbon on the (Tradable) Shiny stating the winner's name, so it always remains as a momento would be great.

Don't think how that should be.

Maybe a Special Prize Ribbon on the (Tradable) Shiny stating the winner's name, so it always remains as a momento would be great.

There shouldn't be a tradeable shiny, winning a tournament should not pay for what you put into it and some, it should be a bonus you earn for winning.

Edited by Munya

There shouldn't be a tradeable shiny, winning a tournament should not pay for what you put into it and some, it should be a bonus you earn for winning.

Literally would just sit in the PC, I myself have given up on tournys. Not worth it, I care nothing for shinies, so really if I did win and did, I would just sell it straight away for cash.

You & I have agreed on this topic almost the whole time but at this point I believe is where we disagree.

I believe you should put your money into your comps, and winning tournaments should give you a prize back into making new ones. Which is why I agree with the idea of the untradeable shiny + Breeders Package, as it provides you with a trophy, and items to assist in making new/more comps/sets.

You & I have agreed on this topic almost the whole time but at this point I believe is where we disagree.

I believe you should put your money into your comps, and winning tournaments should give you a prize back into making new ones. Which is why I agree with the idea of the untradeable shiny + Breeders Package, as it provides you with a trophy, and items to assist in making new/more comps/sets.

Thats the bonus, its not really paying for an entire team of comps, and it shouldn't.