A shift in prizes given for official events.

Squirtle

I don't really see the issue with having 6*31, personally. Also I think the ability to manipulate the IVs of your shiny (that you can never trade) is perfectly fine. You can't trade it. It can't affect the market. Only you can use it, and there is not that big of a difference between 25+ and 31 in terms of actual damage calculation. When you factor in the notion that there is a 15% random roll variance on any hit, the ~3% difference from having 25/25 and 31/31 on a defense is not that significant. It wouldn't break anything and it would make someone really happy to actually have a competitive shiny as a reward (especially if you could essentially choose the HP).

Just to be blunt and straight forward about this and make this my last comment about this.. But.

I am not working my ass off for some shit to sit in my box.\

Either let us make what kind of comp it is how ever we choose or not this at all. i don't grind your game for no reason. I grind it cause I enjoy it.

Just to be blunt and straight forward about this and make this my last comment about this.. But.

I am not working my ass off for some shit to sit in my box.\

Either let us make what kind of comp it is how ever we choose or not this at all. i don't grind your game for no reason. I grind it cause I enjoy it.

hue

Edited by LionKIng

With the change in event prizes I am asking the host of events give options for both first and second place prizes so players may choose to an extent what it is they want. But understand this will still be decided upon by the staff member hosting the event in question.

but you're THE squirtle. who will say to them self "well squirtle wants me to this but i think not doing it sounds like a good idea"?

wont the shinies comps be limited to commons/mid tiers? seeing as ou is kinda limited with regards to what pokes can be used this whole idea wont be as great as it could be. a winner wont be getting a shiny metagross/vaporeonn/swampert/dragonite etc as they are too rare/cost too much or am i wrong?.. so its really limited to slowbro / gyara /dugtrio and not much more that would actually get use. the same kinda goes for uu. the most used comps usually have the rarest/most expensive shinies (think p2/gligar/blastoise). im sure someones gona post a list in response to this but there arent that many cheap useable comp shinies. idk what the solution to this could be, but if they are untradeable why not include rares?

Edited by sherdoonach

• Battle points. Ok
  • PP Maxes Ok
  • Everstones Meh, can be farmed
  • Shards ^
  • Good TMs Still not a worth prize Imho
  • Decoration items Red Tent or Blue Tent or Slide or Stand. This could be cool, but still uselss
  • Shinies (Gift) competitive Someone likes it, but idc about shinys
  • Shinies (Gift) NO

Why introduce a Shiny Gift ? Do you think that like 10 Shinys in a month or so can disrupt a whole economy ? Not even talking that lots of people hoard them. I don't like the idea of Shiny Gift, i have no use for them, i prefer a big pack of Pokeyen+Something to breed with. The Shiny prize gives a great reason to farm for comp. Instead of the shiny showoff i think it's better something that keep you playing the comp scene, if i have to Payday the whole day/Catch to get some comps i want something that pays me for all the hard work.

The term "Gift" means non tradable and non breedable once obtained.

bad, gift shinies should be breedable, for example if the prize is a low valued shiny but in A usefull egg group it would be atleast used in shiny breeding. Totally ok with the rest but atleast make them breedable. In addition to that, thoughts on ribbons on trainer cards?

Edit : trophy case inside secret bases(preferably coded inside a bookcase etc.)
Back to gift shinies ; lets say the person is somewhat unhappy the prize, his only option would be either yo let it rot inside his box or release it. Unless the prizes will be over the top (metagross, starters, legendaries even) Edited by Malrone

have you ever used 20 great balls on a 1 hp asleep ditto? I'd rather have 2 master balls>500 RP

lol an ultra ball has like a 99% chance to catch at 1 hp while asleep, and at least ultra balls look cool. That being said, I'd rather have 2 IV braces than 500 RP so you're probably right

I dont know if it was said before,but ima go ahead and ask.The shiny prizes which wont be tradeable and considered as gifts,are gonna be ot squirtle or winners ot.It would be cool if they would be winners ot cause i see no harm them being that while they are no tradeable.

[spoiler]

OT:Squirtle sucks

[/spoiler]

Edited by Bluejim

Or if you could decide the iv's like I would want 

at the moment how it is..

25/25/25/25/25/31 = 156 iv's . 

How I would want it..(I i decided this talking about the starmie for example) .

31/ 1/ 31/ 31/ 31/ 31 = 156 iv's .

That is not going to be an option in choosing the IVs. It is up to the staff hosting the event choose which IV set they want but the current options are either 25 across and 31 speed or the player being able to place 120 total IVs. Again this is chosen by the host before the event is posted.

That is not going to be an option in choosing the IVs. It is up to the staff hosting the event choose which IV set they want but the current options are either 25 across and 31 speed or the player being able to place 120 total IVs. Again this is chosen by the host before the event is posted.

so what you're saying is that people will be given gift shinies as prizes which are indisposable, that being unbreedable & untradable, and on top of that now you're saying players wont even have the right to select their own IV's on the received prize?
HqNgzhk.jpg

Lets say one of your staff decided it would interesting/funny/brilliant to have a full on sp.def and 0 on def weezing... whats gonna happen then? release the shiny coz its crap?

so what you're saying is that people will be given gift shinies as prizes which are indisposable, that being unbreedable & untradable, and on top of that now you're saying players wont even have the right to select their own IV's on the received prize?
HqNgzhk.jpg

Lets say one of your staff decided it would interesting/funny/brilliant to have a full on sp.def and 0 on def weezing... whats gonna happen then? release the shiny coz its crap?

You really need to read a little bit more closely before commenting. If it is to be given 25 IVs across and 31 Speed, No you will need be able to change the IVs. If the host decides to allow players to choose their IVs the player has full control in which IVs goes where as long as the total IVs does not exceed 120. Staff will not be choosing IVs in particular for ones except for the default one that I stated earlier.

You really need to read a little bit more closely before commenting. If it is to be given 25 IVs across and 31 Speed, No you will need be able to change the IVs. If the host decides to allow players to choose their IVs the player has full control in which IVs goes where as long as the total IVs does not exceed 120. Staff will not be choosing IVs in particular for ones except for the default one that I stated earlier.

not really surprised that you failed to read between the lines again, that being gift shinies happens to be indisposable by any means other than release... I mean, if you cannot use it in any other way, why put up such a restriction as a set of IV's? some pokemons out there are better off with hidden powers as well even if you can split them across aiming at 120 total coverage, that means the comp shiny will be worse than a common comp on IV range, yet again having no use whatsoever and bound to be gathering dust or to be released again, technically just consuming box space for no use at all. Probably can see where i'm going with this.