Bushs OU Tier Competitive Pokemon Guide

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no slaking?

These types of guides are work in progress. Eventually they'll probably be added.

Here's a good Slaking set for you though.

Slaking

Ability: Truant
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant(prefer) / Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack + 252 Speed
Moveset:

• Double-Edge/Return
  • Fire Punch
  • Earthquake/Facade
  • Pursuit
Edited by KaynineXL
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These types of guides are work in progress. Eventually they'll probably be added.

Here's a good Slaking set for you though.

Slaking

Ability: Truant
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant(prefer) / Jolly
EVs: 252 Attack + 252 Speed
Moveset:

• Double-Edge/Return/ Fury Swipes
  • Fire Punch
  • Earthquake
  • Pursuit

Seen someone using fury swipes on it, great way to break through subs imo.

Might be long post, since gonna look through every spoiler of every poke and tell the sets that might miss.

So, don't see mixed Blaziken set, what was it, tpunch superpower fireblast and?

Dissapointed I don't see mixed flygon ;x

Sad to see counter isn't mentioned even once while doing sets on forretress. Also if you run counter skarm, you're better off investing in Spdef rather than def.

Oh yeah, another thing.

[spoiler]HP 68/Atk 65/Def 65/SpA 125/SpD 115/Spe 80

SP Def Wall
Ability:Trace
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ivs and Evs: 252 HP + 252 SP DEF
Moveset:

• Will O Wisp
  • Psychic / Thunderbolt
  • Heal Bell / Protect
  • Pain Split / Wish

Really hate to see sets like these where 3 moves are move 1 or move 2. Just make 2 different sets out of it and explain why they are different, helps begginers a lot more than just seeing 2 moves and then still have questions like "which one do I pick though". Just saying.

[/spoiler]

With that in mind, no rest talk garde with tbolt/psych? Or rest talk cm psychic?

Bounce gyara? And don't you dare fucking say it's bad because i see a special gyara and I don't see a bounce one, kinda illogical lol.

[spoiler]HP 65/Atk 65/Def 60/SpA 110/SpD 95/Spe 130

Ability: Volt Absorb
Item: Lum berry/Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ivs and Evs: 252 Satk and Speed. 31* Speed Iv.
76HP+252SP ATK+ 178 SPEED if you want to make a bulkier one.
Moveset:

• Thunderbolt
  • Substitute/Protect
  • Wish / Heal Bell
  • HP Ice/Grass/Water

* Set up a Sub on the opponents switch and pass it off accordingly. Thunderbolt is the obvious stab; Thunder may be used in a rain team. HP Ice lets gives you pseudo-boltbeam coverage, and HP Grass hits Lanturn, Swampert, and rock types harder.

Seriously, there it is again. You can make 2 different sets again.

[/spoiler]

Fake tears jolt? running toxic on it?

I see return on ddance kingdra, can change that with outrage now, probs not edited since update or something.

No idea why you'd run rock slide on Medicham but okay. Only band medicham, I dont see endure salac reversal? rather good too if you ask me, just that no one bothers to use that shit sigh.

Lol @ dedge metagross. And you should probably put the mixed metagross too since getting popular nowadays.

I once saw someone using facade on pory, good shit, put that on mixed, y/y?

Torment skarm when? Oh right we don't have roost.

trick band starmie? God dammit run fire blast on tauros, even in our metagame it's somewhat useful.

Yawn and roar on swampert work fairly nice imo, if you got the spikes to abuse it.

Growth Venusaur? Swords dance venu?

Guess that's it. And yeah blame me for not posting actual sets I guess, I'm bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Seen someone using fury swipes on it, great way to break through subs imo.

Might be long post, since gonna look through every spoiler of every poke and tell the sets that might miss.

So, don't see mixed Blaziken set, what was it, tpunch superpower fireblast and?

Dissapointed I don't see mixed flygon ;x

Sad to see counter isn't mentioned even once while doing sets on forretress. Also if you run counter skarm, you're better off investing in Spdef rather than def.

Oh yeah, another thing.

[spoiler]HP 68/Atk 65/Def 65/SpA 125/SpD 115/Spe 80

SP Def Wall
Ability:Trace
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ivs and Evs: 252 HP + 252 SP DEF
Moveset:

• Will O Wisp
  • Psychic / Thunderbolt
  • Heal Bell / Protect
  • Pain Split / Wish

Really hate to see sets like these where 3 moves are move 1 or move 2. Just make 2 different sets out of it and explain why they are different, helps begginers a lot more than just seeing 2 moves and then still have questions like "which one do I pick though". Just saying.

[/spoiler]

With that in mind, no rest talk garde with tbolt/psych? Or rest talk cm psychic?

Bounce gyara? And don't you dare fucking say it's bad because i see a special gyara and I don't see a bounce one, kinda illogical lol.

[spoiler]HP 65/Atk 65/Def 60/SpA 110/SpD 95/Spe 130

Ability: Volt Absorb
Item: Lum berry/Leftovers
Nature: Timid
Ivs and Evs: 252 Satk and Speed. 31* Speed Iv.
76HP+252SP ATK+ 178 SPEED if you want to make a bulkier one.
Moveset:

• Thunderbolt
  • Substitute/Protect
  • Wish / Heal Bell
  • HP Ice/Grass/Water

* Set up a Sub on the opponents switch and pass it off accordingly. Thunderbolt is the obvious stab; Thunder may be used in a rain team. HP Ice lets gives you pseudo-boltbeam coverage, and HP Grass hits Lanturn, Swampert, and rock types harder.

Seriously, there it is again. You can make 2 different sets again.

[/spoiler]

Fake tears jolt? running toxic on it?

I see return on ddance kingdra, can change that with outrage now, probs not edited since update or something.

No idea why you'd run rock slide on Medicham but okay. Only band medicham, I dont see endure salac reversal? rather good too if you ask me, just that no one bothers to use that shit sigh.

Lol @ dedge metagross. And you should probably put the mixed metagross too since getting popular nowadays.

I once saw someone using facade on pory, good shit, put that on mixed, y/y?

Torment skarm when? Oh right we don't have roost.

trick band starmie? God dammit run fire blast on tauros, even in our metagame it's somewhat useful.

Yawn and roar on swampert work fairly nice imo, if you got the spikes to abuse it.

Growth Venusaur? Swords dance venu?

Guess that's it. And yeah blame me for not posting actual sets I guess, I'm bad.

Seeing that matchmaking has just been implemented figured I would polish this up a bit and add in those sets. 

I have a few others that I have seen as well that I am gonna add. Thanks for your input.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe this guide does not have the best Blaziken set for OU: Banded Naive 252 Atk 252 Speed, with Superpower, Thunderpunch, Overheat, Quick Attack.

This is by far the most useful wallbreaking set because it really threatens every single wall in OU. Basically there are no safe switch-ins to it.

defensive arca recovers the damage with morning sun. And blaziken rly needs more speed. 

Edit: -1 252 Atk Choice Band Blaziken Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 154-183 (40.2 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

It actually does slightly less than what I was expecting.

Edited by pachima

defensive arca recovers the damage with morning sun. And blaziken rly needs more speed. 

Edit: -1 252 Atk Choice Band Blaziken Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 154-183 (40.2 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

It actually does slightly less than what I was expecting.

Arcanine is probably one solid switch-in. Slowbro is relatively safe too. But Blaziken really loves breking the chansey-weezing cores, and a full physical set just cannot do it.

Just gonna leave this here, pretty sure it'll help many ppl.

[spoiler]+3 148 Atk Blaziken Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 186-219 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Arcanine ExtremeSpeed vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 44-52 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

+2 148 Atk Blaziken ThunderPunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 102-120 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Slowbro Surf vs. 32 HP / 120 SpD Blaziken: 122-146 (76.7 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 148 Atk Charcoal Blaziken Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 85-102 (49.4 - 59.3%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Weezing Thunderbolt vs. 32 HP / 120 SpD Blaziken: 37-44 (23.2 - 27.6%) -- 71.6% chance to 4HKO

+2 148 Atk Charcoal Blaziken Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 216-254 (115.5 - 135.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 148 Atk Charcoal Blaziken Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 152-182 (88.3 - 105.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

[/spoiler]

Just gonna leave this here, pretty sure it'll help many ppl.

[spoiler]+3 148 Atk Blaziken Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arcanine: 186-219 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Arcanine ExtremeSpeed vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 44-52 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

+2 148 Atk Blaziken ThunderPunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 102-120 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 80.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Slowbro Surf vs. 32 HP / 120 SpD Blaziken: 122-146 (76.7 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 148 Atk Charcoal Blaziken Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 85-102 (49.4 - 59.3%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Weezing Thunderbolt vs. 32 HP / 120 SpD Blaziken: 37-44 (23.2 - 27.6%) -- 71.6% chance to 4HKO

+2 148 Atk Charcoal Blaziken Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 216-254 (115.5 - 135.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 148 Atk Charcoal Blaziken Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 152-182 (88.3 - 105.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

[/spoiler]

You can put salac on it also, a Blaziken ev'd to survive slowbro puts you in that range, +2 salac blaz is scary as fuck.. Let's just hope they have priority.

You can put salac on it also, a Blaziken ev'd to survive slowbro puts you in that range, +2 salac blaz is scary as fuck.. Let's just hope they have priority.

I totally agree on that, tried it, but the amount of priority moves atm is just too high, still if no priority.. that blaziken gonna sweep for sure.

Edited by Lazaro23

I evolved shellder after lvl 38 to cloyster. is there a possibility for Cloyster to learn spikes or is it useless now?

You can use Small/Big Mushrooms or Heart Scales on the move relearner to teach the Pokemon spikes.

Isle 2 in Kanto(Mushrooms) or Fallarbor in Hoenn(Heart scales)

Edited by KaynineXL