[Denied]Setup Shops in "About Me" Section

Was wondering if anyone has or thinks it's a good idea to setup shops inside of our forum profiles.

I was also thinking aside from this concept that if you right click someone's name a shop option would show with a link customizable only within boundaries of forum links. ex: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/anything after this

Combining the two ideas I think it might be ideal to rename the "About Me" section to "Shop."

This idea crossed my mind when I remembered how much fun I had when I was young making my Neopets shop, perhaps something along those lines could be possible say for instance an official PokeMMO Shop site, could even charge a fee.

Just another idea to toy with, what do you think?

i don't like it because i require a dedicated space on my profile to talk about how amazing i am how dare you try to make it an ugly shop waaaah

Seriously though, this is a neat idea.  That said, we already have the trade corner, and a thread allows for a lot more room (multiple posts.)  I don't think that those with a lot to trade could make do just with something set up in their profile, unless there's a way for staff to set up a dedicated shop section in profiles.  I doubt they can do that tho.

Keep in mind you can always make a pretty thread in the trade corner and add a link in your signature.

Edited by Fera

Thank you for telling me what we already have, totally the point of a suggestion. This would streamline the process of trading and possibly eliminate posting multiple links and instead directing people to visit their shop for general categories & specific items. I'm well aware of what exists currently and am not a fan.

Edited by Michelle

Combining the two ideas I think it might be ideal to rename the "About Me" section to "Shop."

Neopets

0/10 idea

why would anyone want to change their 'about me' section to a shop

not everyone on the forum community lives to sell their ingame stuff, and i know every single one of my friends +more would prefer to have a small section of their profile to briefly describe themselves than a shop any day.

also this is why we have the trade corner (no need to make a sarcastic comment about what i don't need to tell you, i'm sure you know it exists, i'm just reminding you that we already have a system that works well with no need to change it other than you liked it on neopets)

not to mention that with your idea, instead of opening a forum where every single shop is listed, most with titles that are able to describe what's being sold in them with accuracy, you'd just have to click wildly on people's profiles hoping to find one that had the things you wanted to buy in it (shinies, comps, items, etc), and sure you could advertise in your sig "click on my profile for a shop that sells _______" but then, wouldn't that already be almost exactly the system we already have without the convenient list?

0/10 idea

why would anyone want to change their 'about me' section to a shop

also this is why we have the trade corner (no need to make a sarcastic comment about what i don't need to tell you, i'm sure you know it exists, i'm just reminding you that we already have a system that works well with no need to change it other than you liked it on neopets)

not to mention that with your idea, instead of opening a forum where every single shop is listed, most with titles that are able to describe what's being sold in them with accuracy, you'd just have to click wildly on people's profiles hoping to find one that had the things you wanted to buy in it (shinies, comps, items, etc), and sure you could advertise in your sig "click on my profile for a shop that sells _______" but then, wouldn't that already be almost exactly the system we already have without the convenient list?

Don't get upset now, just an idea and a flexible one at that(as stated in OP). You're clearly closed off into the reality of the current system, obviously shops could be advertised with general categories and descriptive text. If you actually read the OP you'd notice I said to add a right click onto players names and character sprites that displays "Shop" which is a link customizable by the user, and would send them to their shop. This would inspire a marketplace atmosphere by everyone gathering to sell, buy and visit eachother's shops. No "clicking wildly??(lol)" or anything like that. You've made too many assumptions about an idea that is no where near solid. 

"not everyone on the forum community lives to sell their ingame stuff, and i know every single one of my friends +more would prefer to have a small section of their profile to briefly describe themselves than a shop any day."

No where did I state I want to please everyone.. goodness me, LF rational minds.

Edited by Michelle

The existing stuff is very functional, and you have multiple options to advertise your shop, for which you seem aggressive towards those who remind you.

Just because you're not a fan of it doesn't make it bad in any way, shape or form.

If we accept your idea, one major flaw, is that you're searching for a specific player to buy from, and not for what you want. This is what Franklero means by "clicking wildly", as you wouldn't be looking for something specific by checking specific people's shops, especially if you don't know what that person may be selling.

The existing stuff is very functional, and you have multiple options to advertise your shop, for which you seem aggressive towards those who remind you.

Just because you're not a fan of it doesn't make it bad in any way, shape or form.

If we accept your idea, one major flaw, is that you're searching for a specific player to buy from, and not for what you want. This is what Franklero means by "clicking wildly", as you wouldn't be looking for something specific by checking specific people's shops, especially if you don't know what that person may be selling.

I'm becoming increasingly less patient with the comprehension abilities of the people on this forum. What do you think would happen? "I have a shop, go there!" No, obviously not, if anything categorization and general depictions would occur and it would be easier to locate what you need. Say for example, Rather than saying selling red, blue, green and yellow shards, you could just say Selling Shards, no "whisper me" or anything-- they check the shop's price and move on. I don't know why this idea is so difficult to wrap your heads around seems rather simple.

i don't like it because i require a dedicated space on my profile to talk about how amazing i am how dare you try to make it an ugly shop waaaah

Seriously though, this is a neat idea.  That said, we already have the trade corner, and a thread allows for a lot more room (multiple posts.)  I don't think that those with a lot to trade could make do just with something set up in their profile, unless there's a way for staff to set up a dedicated shop section in profiles.  I doubt they can do that tho.

Keep in mind you can always make a pretty thread in the trade corner and add a link in your signature.

I think that idea of making shops more personal is not bad at all. You could turn on/off the page anytime, shop's would live longer without need to bump it up or bring back. But it would also need beter search metod for players.

Oh, I understand perfectly, you dislike the system of scrolling through Trade Corner to find the specific item/Pokemon you're looking for.

What you aren't doing is giving a comprehensive understanding of your idea and how it would work.

Say for example, Rather than saying selling red, blue, green and yellow shards, you could just say Selling Shards, no "whisper me" or anything-- they check the shop's price and move on.

You could advertise in your sig "click on my profile for a shop that sells _______" but then, wouldn't that already be almost exactly the system we already have without the convenient list?

This is one way. You may also leave a link to your shop "Shard Shop: (link)" as your Status, which would show up when you hover over a user's name or even in your About Me section.

Simply right-clicking a user's name to bring up any shops they've opened in Trade Corner seems far-fetched.

You would have to filter out every other thread the user had opened, or make it specifically for Trade Corner.

Your open hostility to those who disagree with you is much clearer than the way you pitch this idea.

Edited by Inarin

Oh, I understand perfectly, you dislike the system of scrolling through Trade Corner to find the specific item/Pokemon you're looking for.

What you aren't doing is giving a comprehensive understanding of your idea and how it would work.

This is one way. You may also leave a link to your shop "Shard Shop: (link)" as your Status, which would show up when you hover over a user's name or even in your About Me section.

Simply right-clicking a user's name to bring up any shops they've opened in Trade Corner seems far-fetched.

You would have to filter out every other thread the user had opened, or make it specifically for Trade Corner.

Your open hostility to those who disagree with you is much clearer than the way you pitch this idea.

Right clicking to bring up shop would be a link customizable by the player within the boundaries of forum links. As stated in the OP(Again). Love repeating myself.
This for the 3rd time, is not a solid idea, I'm looking for a discussion, ideas and evolution on the matter, whether or not anything comes to fruition.

Please excuse my abrasive attitude but I am constantly repeating what I've stated in the original post, and furthermore the OP is clearly not a definitive statement and I'd love to hear ideas or suggestions furthering the idea or stating good reason as to why this wouldn't help. So far neither has been achieved and I've spent the larger amount of time on this thread re-explaining every detail and trying to keep things civil. Again, my apologies for sharpening my rough edges, it was out of necessity mind you.

[spoiler]

Right clicking to bring up shop would be a link customizable by the player within the boundaries of forum links. As stated in the OP(Again). Love repeating myself.
This for the 3rd time, is not a solid idea, I'm looking for a discussion, ideas and evolution on the matter, whether or not anything comes to fruition.

Please excuse my abrasive attitude but I am constantly repeating what I've stated in the original post, and furthermore the OP is clearly not a definitive statement and I'd love to hear ideas or suggestions furthering the idea or stating good reason as to why this wouldn't help. So far neither has been achieved and I've spent the larger amount of time on this thread re-explaining every detail and trying to keep things civil. Again, my apologies for sharpening my rough edges, it was out of necessity mind you.

[/spoiler]

As a non-finished idea, it does have merits. Links to shops change as the title does, so one fixed link the player customized that remains constant throughout is something I really liked about it. However I think the implementation of it to be customizable by the player may be a problem, for which I have no solution in mind.

I'm only stating my opinion that there are alternatives existing right now, and they suffice for the majority, including myself.

I apologize myself if I appeared to just be shooting down your idea, as that wasn't my intention.

People have stated the issues with this idea, as well as the fact it's not really necessary. The fact you're constantly repeating yourself is not due to it being necessary or people not understanding, but your own incapability of accepting the fact that people do not, in fact, think your idea is good.

Aside from the fact that the idea is unnecessary and the fact we have a trade section on the forums, since there are plans to develop an improved trading system ingame (eventually), I doubt they'd even bother wasting time on this. If they were interested in improving trading, they'd be working on an ingame system, not adding a few mostly useless bells and whistles to an already mediocre at best forum trading system.

People have stated the issues with this idea, as well as the fact it's not really necessary. The fact you're constantly repeating yourself is not due to it being necessary or people not understanding, but your own incapability of accepting the fact that people do not, in fact, think your idea is good.

Aside from the fact that the idea is unnecessary and the fact we have a trade section on the forums, since there are plans to develop an improved trading system ingame (eventually), I doubt they'd even bother wasting time on this. If they were interested in improving trading, they'd be working on an ingame system, not adding a few mostly useless bells and whistles to an already mediocre at best forum trading system.

Senile your entire message was made void by the people proceeding you, some do consider this to be a good idea. Nor did I ever state this as necessary, in fact I depicted it as a non-serious suggestion right away. 
While I agree things should be handled in-game, but we have no time frame on that and myself personally don't want to setup a thread for selling things, it feels unintuitive and I would rather spend my time in trade chat, and that isn't to say I'm a fan of trade chat either, but as you've stated they have plans to fix this. If anything this is just another thread to hint that something should be done to streamline trading. I'm totally fine with that, this idea isn't my baby and I post things that cross my mind, considering stopping now because the majority of the responses I receive are likened to that of Captain Obvious.

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed response to removed content

Maybe something like this... I know it can be time consuming to create but its more friendly to user that scrolling down all the forum...

[spoiler]

Main trade menu

[spoiler]uNJOuYf.png

[/spoiler]

Add item phase

[spoiler]j7ft7GX.png

[/spoiler]

Add item phase - pokemon

[spoiler]nJVYSc1.png[/spoiler]

Add item phase - item

[spoiler]XgNOd3S.png [/spoiler]

Auction - pokemon

[spoiler]kOeZBIB.png

[/spoiler]

Auction - item

[spoiler]3U4WdWC.png [/spoiler]

Shop - pokemon

[spoiler]W3VaDXZ.png

[/spoiler]

Shop - item

[spoiler]rSQP2ra.png [/spoiler]

Shop - other(services)

[spoiler]Yv2ypxU.png [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

If you actually read the OP you'd notice I said to add a right click onto players names and character sprites that displays "Shop" which is a link customizable by the user, and would send them to their shop. This would inspire a marketplace atmosphere by everyone gathering to sell, buy and visit eachother's shops. No "clicking wildly??(lol)" or anything like that. You've made too many assumptions about an idea that is no where near solid. 

No where did I state I want to please everyone.. goodness me, LF rational minds.

Firstly, what I said still stands. Having to right click onto players names and character sprites just to see if they have a shop, and then to see what their shop sells, DEFINITELY counts as clicking wildly. No assumptions, facts.

Secondly, if you want to pitch an idea to a community, you should definitely make sure that the idea pleases everyone, otherwise (like in this case), most people are going to disagree with you.

I'm becoming increasingly less patient with the comprehension abilities of the people on this forum. What do you think would happen? "I have a shop, go there!" No, obviously not, if anything categorization and general depictions would occur and it would be easier to locate what you need. Say for example, Rather than saying selling red, blue, green and yellow shards, you could just say Selling Shards, no "whisper me" or anything-- they check the shop's price and move on. I don't know why this idea is so difficult to wrap your heads around seems rather simple.

But that's the system we already have? A dedicated forum where people write in their titles what they're selling. Why would we need to redo what we already have, and why is that so difficult for YOU to wrap YOUR head around?

If you wanted civil conversation about it, perhaps you shouldn't have replied like an asshole to Fera's polite and, to be completely honest, nicer-than-you-deserved post. I for one wouldn't have bothered posting here if you hadn't acted all high and mighty when it came to people disagreeing with you.

The fact you're constantly repeating yourself is not due to it being necessary or people not understanding, but your own incapability of accepting the fact that people do not, in fact, think your idea is good.

Didn't have anything to say to this, just really agreed with what senile said.

People care too much about pointing out what's currently in place, excuse my frustration but it would be hard to form a solid opinion, or suggestion rather, on this matter without having knowledge of what's currently in place. This is a suggestion thread and the assorted 2 or 3 people have used it as such. The rest of you, just keep bumping if you're happy with the current system. :P

Maybe something like this... I know it can be time consuming to create but its more friendly to user that scrolling down all the forum...

[spoiler]

Main trade menu

[spoiler]uNJOuYf.png

[/spoiler]

Add item phase

[spoiler]j7ft7GX.png

[/spoiler]

Add item phase - pokemon

[spoiler]nJVYSc1.png[/spoiler]

Add item phase - item

[spoiler]XgNOd3S.png [/spoiler]

Auction - pokemon

[spoiler]kOeZBIB.png

[/spoiler]

Auction - item

[spoiler]3U4WdWC.png [/spoiler]

Shop - pokemon

[spoiler]W3VaDXZ.png

[/spoiler]

Shop - item

[spoiler]rSQP2ra.png [/spoiler]

Shop - other(services)

[spoiler]Yv2ypxU.png [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

This is an ideal system, or at least something similar. I have heard something like this is in the works.
Would love to see it accompanied by a mailbox for offline sales.  :D

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed off topic image

The current system of setting up shop in the Trade Corner is much easier on players for one reason, it's easily searchable. You can use the search bar in that subforum and enter the term you want to search for and it will bring up a list of posts/topics containing that term. The system you are proposing makes everything needlessly inaccessible and difficult to search for. While this system may work for Neopets, it would not fit well here.