[PokeMMO Guide] Implemented Pokemon : Locations & Held Items

EDIT: There is already an existing thread about swarm, there is no need to polute this one/deem unusefull the other thread (https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/33024-confirming-swarms-new-pokemon-so-far-makuhita)

It is rather unuseful, swarms were reworked with the introduction of Hoenn.

The threads serve two different two purposes though, this one is meant to be a guide, whilst the other is used for assistance in finding a species in swarms.

This thread currently does that, but only because the relevant information is unavailable.

It is rather unuseful, swarms were reworked with the introduction of Hoenn.

The threads serve two different two purposes though, this one is meant to be a guide, whilst the other is used for assistance in finding a species in swarms.

This thread currently does that, but only because the relevant information is unavailable.

just save us the trouble and list the swarms down mate :D

More missing areas: Resort Gorgeous, Green Path, Outcast Island - none of these places contains any interesting/unique pokemon, but still.

Missing pokemon:
- Doduo (Fuchsia City Safari Zone)
- Slugma and Magcargo (Mt. Ember Ruby path)
- Absol (Route 120)
- Snorunt (probably Shoal Cave, this one needs confirmation)

Repeating names and typos:
- double Sentret (Five Island Meadow)
- triple Wailmer (Route 115)
- double Carvanha (Route 118)
- double Pelipper (Route 127)
- double Barboach (Meteor Falls 1F 2R and Meteor Falls B1F 1R)
- Sneasal -> Sneasel (Icefall Cave)

And last one:

Route 24

Day

Grass: Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Pidgey, Abra, Weedle, Kakuna, Caterpie, Metapod

Old Rod: Magikarp

Good Rod: Magikarp, Horsea, Krabby

Super Rod: Horsea, Krabby Gyarados, Psyduck, Slowpoke

Water: Tentacool

Night

Grass: Bellsprout Oddish, Weepinbell Gloom, Pidgey, Abra, Weedle, Kakuna, Caterpie, Metapod

Old Rod: Magikarp

Good Rod: Magikarp, Horsea, Krabby

Super Rod: Horsea, Krabby Gyarados, Psyduck, Slowpoke, Grimer, Muk

Water: Tentacool

If you find a swarm please post in this thread with screenshot proof

Regardless the situation, overspamming the guide thread with swarm confirmation is rather annoying, having a seperate thread such as that one will provide more usefull on the long run regarding the guide. Plus, it will be less work for Noad since she'll just have a looksie on that thread and extract the swarm & location information here.

It was much easier to read when it was listed by Pokemon and their numbers, versus listing them by location...

CTRL+F

It's far easier to display and read information this way if you're already aware of what you're looking for.

Which, if you're going by name, you should do.

CTRL+F

It's far easier to display and read information this way if you're already aware of what you're looking for.

Which, if you're going by name, you should do.

I see where you're coming from, but a guide should answer to the FAQ from the players, new or old.
As an example to that "where can i find pikachu"  & "what is the encounter rate of pikachu in viridian forest" is one of the most asked questions i've seen, not "what pokemon can i find in viridian forest"

Which btw, the lack of encounter rates in the guide is rather disappointing.

I see where you're coming from, but a guide should answer to the FAQ from the players, new or old.
As an example to that "where can i find pikachu"  & "what is the encounter rate of pikachu in viridian forest" is one of the most asked questions i've seen, not "what pokemon can i find in viridian forest"

Which btw, the lack of encounter rates in the guide is rather disappointing.

Both new and old players are capable of using Ctrl+F.

We don't wish to distribute encounter rates at this time.

A Common - Rare system is not out of the question however.

Both new and old players are capable of using Ctrl+F.

We don't wish to distribute encounter rates at this time.

A Common - Rare system is not out of the question however.

both common-rare and % methods are good enough for a spawn list, however one is more accurate than the other. That being in a regular MMORPG platform, common-rare difference is distributed among item drops, not the encounter rate of the spawning boss/monster. Regarding pokemon encounter rates, most of those rates are already listed within bulbapedia, sad that most people are incapable of using google or bulbapedia for that matter, but i think giving the correct rate rather than common-rare system would provide less confusion.

Edited by Malorne

both common-rare and % methods are good enough for a spawn list, however one is more accurate than the other. That being in a regular MMORPG platform, common-rare difference is distributed among item drops, not the encounter rate of the spawning boss/monster. Regarding pokemon encounter rates, most of those rates are already listed within bulbapedia, sad that most people are incapable of using google or bulbapedia for that matter, but i think giving the correct rate rather than common-rare system would provide less confusion.

You're correct, however there are not many MMOs in which the monsters themselves are the primary drop.

You're correct, however there are not many MMOs in which the monsters themselves are the primary drop.

so, regarding the stubborness with the common-rare system... what will be the range of it? very common-epic? coz there are pokemons like 0,05% encounter rate

Good guide :D

Some mistakes i have noticed:

• Its Pokemon "Center" not "Centre".

• Koffing can be found in Celadon by surfing.

• Dont think there is needed "day and night" at Viridian Forest as it is not different.

• This is missing in Cinnabar island for day:

Tangela (for a Venonat)

Seel (for a Ponyta)

• There should be or instead of and.

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan (Given to you by the Fighting Dojo gym leader) 
Edited by Bartolomew

Good guide :D

Some mistakes i have noticed:

• Its Pokemon "Center" not "Centre".

• Koffing can be found in Celadon by surfing.

• Dont think there is needed "day and night" at Viridian Forest as it is not different.

• This is missing in Cinnabar island for day:

• There should be or instead of and.

That is a cultural difference in spelling.

4odnBuw.png

Here is a list of items that are held by wild Pokemon in game. You will see they are colour coded: Rare, Average and Common drop rates. These rates were based off of my own personal experience, so feel free to propose corrections if you disagree.

Type Enhancing Items

[...]

Hard Stone - Graveler , Onix , Lairon , Aron , Aggron , Golem

[...]

Sorry but... There are no wild Golems at the server, there is? ~_~'

Another thing i did notice is that Artisan Cave is unreacheable, and looks like Altering Cave Cycle 1 has no more Smeargles (over 3 hours searching for and no one encountered - but i'm not totally sure, of course)...