Shiny hunting bracelet.

Heimann

Question

WITH THE GD FIASCO OVER THE RATES, THIS IS LOOKING BETTER NO ?

Before I try to remember all the ideas I have for this I'd like to go over the pros & cons that I think might arise.

Pros

1.Players with extremely high hours played with no OT will statistically find one sooner.
2.Possibly will stop players from going 1000+ hours with no shiny becoming discouraged. 
3.Possible ways to work into the economy.
4.End game content.
5.Will allow players a slight chance at finding their favorite pokemon as a shiny vs a random(If it is found in the wild).
6.Encourage more players to play official events.

Cons

1.Players who collect or horde shiny pokemon may feel this devalues them.
2.Might be extremely hard to implement.
3.May need constant tweeking to the rates due to feedback or growth in playerbase.

If you have any more feedback on pros vs cons, please let me know and I'd be glad to theorycraft on them.

The Idea

A bracelet that gains charms as you complete more and more difficult tasks from a npc. Each charm that you acquire will grant a very small % to the rate at which you encounter 1 specific shiny pokemon. The rate is 1 in 8192 (for the games) I have no idea what it is in pokemmo. 

The suggested rate at which I would start with, can be tweaked per staff or player debate. (Keep in mind this is for hunting 1 specific pokemon)
[spoiler]
Charm 1 - 1/8000
Charm 2 - 1/7800
Charm 3 - 1/7600
Charm 4 - 1/7400
Charm 5 - 1/7200
Charm 6 - 1/6850
Charm 7 - 1/6500 (Only from official tournaments)
[/spoiler]
So overall we would be looking at 6 charms that the general player base would have access too, the 7th charm could become a reward that is included for the winners of official events. (Hopefully motivating more people to enter them)

The NPC & Tasks

A suggest the location be in one of the major hubs. I'd like the npc to look like one of the old men you find in ruins.
Talk to the npc 1 time to gain your bracelet (bracelet has 0 boosts without charms)

How it will only work with 1 pokemon at a time.
You click the npc, it will open a window and you drop the one you wish to hunt into the window. After this, your charm will be locked to that pokemon only.

The Tasks. (Subject to change based on player & staff feedback)

Charm #1 - 10 will be needed to have been completed to gain the first charm.
Charm #2 - 15 will be needed to have been completed to gain the second charm.
Charm #3 - 20 will be needed to have been completed to gain the third charm.
Charm #4 - 30 will be needed to have been completed to gain the fourth charm.
Charm #5 - 40 will be needed to have been completed to gain the fifth charm.
Charm #6 - 50 will be needed to have been completed to gain the sixth charm.

The tasks will become harder and need more tasks be completed per charm.
Once you gain a charm, you reset your tasks completed.
Example; You do the 10 to get your first charm, you now have 0 when trying to get the second charm.

Tier 1
[spoiler]
Ability & Gender tasks will change per pokemon due to obvious reasons.
Find pokemon with 1 confirmed 31 in X stat.
Find pokemon with x gender and 20+ in X stat.
Find pokemon with x ability and 20+ in X start.
[/spoiler]

Tier 2
[spoiler]
Find pokemon with 1 confirmed 31 in X stat and 20+ in another stat.
Find pokemon with x gender and 23+ in X stat.
Find pokemon with x ability and 23+ in X start.
[/spoiler]

Tier 3
[spoiler]
Find pokemon with 1 confirmed 31 in X stat and 23+ in another stat.
Find pokemon with x gender and 25+ in X stat.
Find pokemon with x ability and 25+ in X start.
[/spoiler]

Tier 4
[spoiler]
Find pokemon with 1 confirmed 31 in X stat and 25+ in another stat.
Find pokemon with x gender and 27+ in X stat.
Find pokemon with x ability and 27+ in X start.
Pokemon must be caught at X location (Only for pokemon with multiple locations)
[/spoiler]

Tier 5
[spoiler]
Find pokemon with 2 confirmed 31's in X stats.
Find pokemon with 1 confirmed 31 in X stat and 27+ in another stat.
Find pokemon with x gender and 29+ in X stat.
Find pokemon with x ability and 29+ in X start.
Find pokemon with x gender and 29+ in multiple X stats.
Find pokemon with x ability and 29+ in multiple X stats.
[/spoiler]

Tier 6
[spoiler]
Find pokemon with 2 confirmed 31's in X stats.
Find pokemon with 1 confirmed 31 in X stat and 27+ in another stat.
Find pokemon with x gender and 30+ in X stat.
Find pokemon with x ability and 30+ in X start.
Find pokemon with x gender and 30+ in multiple X stats.
Find pokemon with x ability and 30+ in multiple X stats.
Must be caught with specific pokeball.
[/spoiler]

Final notes
All pokemon that are caught for the tasks you are given are consumed when gave back to the old man.
All pokemon must be your OT.
All pokemon must be caught after the time of being given the task.

The Economy
Allow for the charms to be traded. Players will set the values per how they see fit.
Multiple charms can be owned by one player, but no more than 1 per charm level can be equipped.

Possible way to make this into a money maker, and give players a alternative to payday farming
The npc will have a option to do a random task ( Will not effect the pokemon you are currently hunting )
You can choose what level task you would like to do & the reward will reflect what you choose.

Tier 1 - 5k Yen
Tier 2 - 7.5k Yen
Tier 3 - 10k Yen
Tier 4 - 15k Yen
Tier 5 - 25k Yen
Tier 6 - 40k Yen

You may only complete X amount of tasks per hour until you hit a 90k Yen Cap
This would mean it would be slightly more profitable per hour vs paydaying if you stay devoted the entire time (Not to mention rng might not be on your side) To my knowledge the best a paydayer can do is 70k p/h if they are devoted ?

So yeah that is my idea.
Any feedback ?

The bracelet is the precioussssssssss.
giphy.gif

Edited by Heimann

This is exactly what I mean.

A shiny can look cool, but fact of the matter is.. if it's not hard to get, it's not as good.

The shinies that are hard to get are the shinies that are the best even if they don't actually look as good.

I'm pondering why you keep trying to find a reason to not support this, but I respect your opinion.

Please explain to me how any shiny is hard to get ?
Simple answer, there is no degree of skill/talent/game knowledge or any other similar word involved with catching or finding a shiny in pokemmo.

It all boils down to RNG. The idea offers dedicated players better RNG than those who casually play, please tell me how this is a bad? I'm not trying to be a ass by defending my idea but I have given you a logical answer to each complaint you have.

Inflation; High tiers will remain extremely rare due to the odds of finding the specific ones to meet the tier challenges. Even if a player grinds for 100's of hours to get a tier 6 charm for a high tier they earned the increased chance vs a random dude finding 1 while he was progressing. Low/Medium tiers are already common due to IV training & the mass amount of players who progress on main & alt accounts.

Complexity; You said you liked it simple. This idea is extremely simple, compared to a player learning IV/EV/Nautres/Comp move sets/Type Coverage/Team Comps  etc etc.

Grinding; You have to grind to get the charms. You said ' luck based is perfect ' How is this idea not luck based. Still just regular old catchmmo, just with a twist.

Old VS New players; They are on equal footing from the time the bracelet went live. Those who want to do it can, while others can continue their daily routine ingame.

Rarity; This does not guarantee a shiny.

Edited by Heimann

I'm pondering why you keep trying to find a reason to not support this, but I respect your opinion.

I'm not trying to find a reason, I already have a reason. I don't care if you don't like it, because everyone has different opinions.

Please explain to me how any shiny is hard to get ?

Shinies are hard to get. Sure, you can get lucky, but at the end of the day the encounter rate in itself makes them hard to get. 

Inflation; High tiers will remain extremely rare due to the odds of finding the specific one

With this implemented.. It is easier to get a shiny you're dedicated to. It's a fact. This alone would drop the price.

Yes.. they still will be very hard to get.. but this WILL increase the chances to get them.

The thing is, I'm not giving my opinions to make sure this doesn't happen. If the devs want this they'll do it whether I like it or not.

It's not that I really don't want this, if it happens.. Sure. It's not a big deal. I just think there isn't any point wasting time on an update like this.

I have been on Route 114 for 150 hours+ with no shiny encounters since Hoenn came out.. I would feel so great when I finally get my shiny. I just feel, taking this little advantage wouldn't feel as good when I got it.

Edited by KaynineXL

Stuff

I'm going to stop doing the back and forth after this post to avoid the topic getting locked.

Unless you are RIP on another account, I don't think you have seen how the economy works in 3 months in relation to updates and other huge changes in the game. 
But goodnight, will update main post later. o/

I'm going to stop doing the back and forth after this post to avoid the topic getting locked.

Unless you are RIP on another account, I don't think you have seen how the economy works in 3 months in relation to updates and other huge changes in the game. 
But goodnight, will update main post later. o/

Firstly, we are debating. nothing wrong with  that.

Secondly, you think I don't know how the economy works? The economy works the same on Pokemmo as it does In real life or on other games. If something is harder to get, the price will go up if the demand is there. sigh..

But thanks for the laugh :>

But like you said, lets stop doing back and forth. We're getting nothing from it. We both have different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edited by KaynineXL

+1 simply because I feel that as it stands the current system is extremely unfair,I have first hand experience at how bad it is.

This coming from a player with 3338 hours and not so much as an encounter,I regularly used to have on don status and as recently as

the Hoenn update I bought it yet again to do my run through with(i didnt even buy 1 repel)I grind for hours on end hunting breeders or ev training.

Then some dude gets a shiny right off the bat,or multiples there of...yeah thats fair.

[spoiler]At this point id legit settle for a paras ;_;[/spoiler]

Finding shiny is like winning an lottery and having boost item to find shiny is like cheating but exception is a donator status, u help maintain server and ure rewared with having better find rate.

And i want to add that finding shiny is an achivemnt u can get, not a thing u must have right now.

Finding shiny is like winning an lottery and having boost item to find shiny is like cheating but exception is a donator status, u help maintain server and ure rewared with having better find rate.

And i want to add that finding shiny is an achivemnt u can get, not a thing u must have right now.

This is exactly what I mean.