[MOD][IPS] The Other Moemon Ports (IT LIVES! All Gen 3/MMO Compatible! 527/649 Pokemon Moe-ized!)

There was a new 6.X release on November 15th that, when the game restarts after the user's pokemon is sent out. I am not asking for a fix since DraconianWing noted that a version 7 is due to be out. I intend for this to be a note in case anyone complains about having this problem. Moemon Emerald 1.8 works with the 6.X release up to the one released around November 5th

Edited by Soluna

As Soluna noted, DraconianWing snuck a same-numbered version that doesn't work with the current version of this patch out. I'm a bit busy to give an immediate estimate for when an update will happen at the moment, but worst case scenario I should get a fixed update up for you guys for either 6.X (or 7 if that's out at the time) come Thanksgiving (after which I'll be totally off the grid for 3 weeks as college finals/etc. craziness happens).

Sorry about this, the "update but keep the same version number" caught me a bit off guard here and it's something I'll try to keep an eye out for in the future. :P If you absolutely need to play Moemon before Thanksgiving and can't find the 6.X Sigma Emerald version this works with feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to get you a copy.

Edited by OtherPlayers

Can you modify the Raichu Sprite in your next release? 

A1l81Re.png

Weird that it showed up like that. I'll double check to make sure that it imported properly for the next one, thanks for the heads up.

(Also that appearance is nightmarishly like something you'd see in a horror film. :P)

Edited by OtherPlayers

@Zerosuguha91

Nightmare Fuel for sure but it doesn't seem to appear in my version. Maybe something wrong with the rom or something?

@OtherPlayers

(Already posted this on Moetal's Thread) I noticed that the Sceptile sprite is kinda weird. The backsprite is too high and her little ornaments are the wrong color. They should be yellow like in the official sprite.

tTodyVz.png

I already fixed it in my version. If you use NamelessSpriteEditor, I could send you the .nslx data.

Did you confirm that it also happens in this patch? My sprites aren't always quite in the exact same spots as mortals (a few of them are raised up to show the whole sprite instead of just the top 2/3rds, for example), so it's fairly likely that I already patched it without meaning to. :P

That said turkey, family, and slow internet have slowed down my plans to get a new fixed version for Sigma Emerald out before the end of today, but with any luck it should be able to go up sometime tomorrow. :)

Yeah, I checked your standard 1.7 and 1.8 release (not Sigma Emerald). Both are like that. But of course I just want to help polishing everything, so no haste and no obligations! Haha. Even though I don't celebrate and I'm too late: Happy already over Thanksgiving everyone!

And updated. Fixed the Sceptile issue and the Sigma release should now be compatible with the current Alpha 6.X release of Sigma Emerald. I couldn't replicate the Raichu issue, but I reuploaded the sprite into the patch just in case. If it's still happening it's most likely something on your end Zerpsuguha91, most likely some form of corrupted palette issue (to which the solution is most likely just to try repatching from a clean ROM).

I also managed to finish writing some simple autohotkey scripts that automate almost the entire patch creation process, dropping the time it takes to make one down from 4-6 hours to as little as 30 minutes, as well as requiring only a few keypresses total from me instead of around the 4k clicks of the mouse to make. :D As such I should hopefully be able to keep up with any future sneaky updates from Draconianwing a bit more and we should have less time with patch incompatibilities showing up in the future (though I'm still counting on your guys to give me a reminder shove if I haven't noticed an update for Sigma Emerald yet :P).

That said that about marks the end of my free time for the next 3 weeks. With finals and some big end of the year performances my schedule is now pretty much booked :wacko:. I'll still try to check in a couple times to see if anything goes horribly wrong, but don't freak out if I don't respond to much in these next three weeks.

Wow! You know, you really inspired me to make my own Moemon patch. I don't really know much but I can try. I'll probably just manually export and import the sprites. I would love to use Pokemon Expert Emerald as the base because thats my favorite Version (Sigma is still cool, no doubt). Would it be OK to export most sprites from your patch? Of course, of course, I would credit you and Moetal and all artists that i find! Success is not 100% probable so no high hopes. If demand isn't high, I'll just do it for myself. Don't worry about responding quickly.

Have a nice time ;) !

Feel free, though if you are going to be distributing them instead of just using them for yourself you should definitely double check with Moetal first (and try to contact whoever made/makes Expert Emerald to see if they are cool with it/have requests about what you should distribute).

That said if you want I can probably take some time to drop you a link to the bash/autohotkey scripts that I use with some instructions on how to get them set up; they certainly make things a lot faster and easier (at least for the importing side of things) than it would be without them.

Thank you! That's very kind of you but you really don't have to waste your time with me. I'll take my time too in the following days or weeks. I'll first just do it for myself. If I'm happy with the product, I'll ask everyone for permission and post it. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Firebird!

Your old save file probably just isn't compatible with the updated game anymore. That often happens when you use a different save for another game (Even if they are similar). May may have a pokemon that causes the restart. For now you should just use the initial version and optionally insert the new sprites by yourself if you want. Hope I helped!

• 2 months later...

Heya~

Thanks for your help back at that FR forum in leading me to this awesome Moemon conversion you're doing, I'm happy to finally have updated moe sprites in my own Emerald Rom! My question is, if I were to replace a specific sprite with one I have, could I simply import the forward frames twice in order for it to animate correctly? Or must I physically change the PNG so that there are two front frames and then import all?

Thanks again  ^_^

If you're using the advanced tool than as best as I've been able to tell you need to physically change the PNG prior to doing import all (and if you're working with castform you need to do a similar thing where you take the four frame for each form and concatenate them into adjacent rows [without the doubled extra frames]). If, on the other hand, you are working with something a bit heavier like the Gen III Hacking Suite or the Pokemon Game Editor pack then you should be able to import each one individually without necessarily messing with the png's first (since they actually handle multiple framed pokemon sensibly).

Ok got it.

One last thing: I recently found out that the Emerald Stigma hack sacrifices sprite animation to be able to properly run their changes to the ROM (at least from what I can tell), which is sort of a huge bummer since the hack itself is amazing. 

There wouldn't happen to be an older stigma hack that still includes sprite animations would there?

Ok got it.

One last thing: I recently found out that the Emerald Stigma hack sacrifices sprite animation to be able to properly run their changes to the ROM (at least from what I can tell), which is sort of a huge bummer since the hack itself is amazing. 

There wouldn't happen to be an older stigma hack that still includes sprite animations would there?

If there is it's from a time before I started making the patch for it. There's a bit of a chance that in the next Sigma Emerald release the animations will be coming back (it's listed on the "possible features" list on their thread), but it's still a bit of a longshot at the moment. I don't think they actually "removed" the animations, just disabled them, so if you really wanted to dig in with a hex editor you could probably reenable them, but other then that I think you're just out of luck at the moment, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

Today, Pokemon Emerald Sigma was updated to 1.0!

If you want to know, the old patch seems to not be compatible with this version. (Well... I tested and it crashed in the first battle when I was about to choose my move and also when I go see the summury of my pokemon  + Tested on the VisualBoyAdvance-M 2.0.0-beta2).

It would be a pleasure if the moemon patch is updated !

Thanks !

I've got the hell of college finals coming up for the next 4 days or so, but come Friday when I'm finally free again for the summer I assure you that getting an updated version of this out with both the new Moemon patch and the updated Sigma Emerald version will be one of my very first goals.

Personally I liked the more action looking direction that Moetal's very rough concept was trending towards, though if I had a choice I'd probably go for a tunic outfit more similar to the picture below (ignoring the weird red knot thing in the front and probably sticking with the concept's hair design) than the bra+skirt combo Moetal's original concept was wearing; that lets it push a bit more towards the battle-ready sprite without totally losing that long dress aspect that I think we both agree works well with Rayquaza.

Spoiler

rayquaza_gijinka____by_hikari_15_l-d96up

The other sprite was okay in design, but honestly my biggest issue with it was the oversized breasts; Rayquaza is characterized by a long, slender body (lots of vertical lines), and strapping two giant water balloons to the front kinda ruins the moemon's body type connection in my personal opinion. She doesn't need to be a pancake, in my opinion, but any Rayquaza moemon should definitely be landing on the smaller rather than larger side in that particular aspect.

Of course since I don't have any immediate plans to stop this being a direct port whatever ends up being made would still need to work it's way through the approval process and into the Firered moemon version to eventually make it's way in (though I'll definitely help lend my approval and help there as much as I can if something looks good :P).

In other news tomorrow is my last day of finals and then I've got maybe a day or two of grading other people's homework before I'm totally free, so with any luck I should be able to have an updated version of this up and running sometime this weekend.

Hardcore's Rayray is indeed more slender like Rayquaza. I went for a god-among-moes approach with mine since Rayquaza is enormous.

So Rayray would lose midrift and get a new hat.

3 hours ago, OtherPlayers said:

Of course since I don't have any immediate plans to stop this being a direct port whatever ends up being made would still need to work it's way through the approval process and into the Firered moemon version to eventually make it's way in (though I'll definitely help lend my approval and help there as much as I can if something looks good :P).

Most of that thread is focused on gen 1 and Emerald is still rather popular. This project should have some level of priority.

Edited by Septentrion