[MOD][IPS] The Other Moemon Ports (IT LIVES! All Gen 3/MMO Compatible! 527/649 Pokemon Moe-ized!)

Everything seems to be working fine on my end with a fresh ROM, the latest sigma emerald patch, and my posted moemon sigma emerald patch. I'd suggest finding yourself another ROM to use as your base, make sure that whatever one you download is marked either "(U)" or "(USA)" or it won't work. I'd also suggest redownloading both the Gen 3 collection patch and the sigma emerald patch, in case either one corrupted during your initial download. Lastly I know I've said this already but the exact order of things you should be doing is this:

1) Make sure you have an emerald ROM that matches the above requirements.

2) Download my Gen 3 collection zip and the latest (v1.82!) sigma emerald patch.

3) Run an ips patcher and apply the sigma emerald patch to the emerald ROM.

4) Run an ips patcher and apply the sigma moemon patch to the emerald ROM.

5) Boot the sigma emerald ROM up in virtualboy or another emulator and it should work.

(Also double check and make sure your firewall or virus blocker isn't blocking the IPS patcher, since it can sometimes be falsely flagged).

Edited by OtherPlayers
On 9/25/2017 at 11:11 PM, OtherPlayers said:

Everything seems to be working fine on my end with a fresh ROM, the latest sigma emerald patch, and my posted moemon sigma emerald patch. I'd suggest finding yourself another ROM to use as your base, make sure that whatever one you download is marked either "(U)" or "(USA)" or it won't work. I'd also suggest redownloading both the Gen 3 collection patch and the sigma emerald patch, in case either one corrupted during your initial download. Lastly I know I've said this already but the exact order of things you should be doing is this:

1) Make sure you have an emerald ROM that matches the above requirements.

2) Download my Gen 3 collection zip and the latest (v1.82!) sigma emerald patch.

3) Run an ips patcher and apply the sigma emerald patch to the emerald ROM.

4) Run an ips patcher and apply the sigma moemon patch to the emerald ROM.

5) Boot the sigma emerald ROM up in virtualboy or another emulator and it should work.

(Also double check and make sure your firewall or virus blocker isn't blocking the IPS patcher, since it can sometimes be falsely flagged).

hey we got a pug the ponyta is messed up in sigma emerald

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Demaar said:

'Cause patching the Revival Project leaves it a tad buggy and patching your Fire Red IPS causes it to piss itself and die.

There should be zero bugs with the Revival Project assuming you patched it to the right version of Firered.

24 minutes ago, Demaar said:

You don't perchance plan on doing an IPS for Pokemon - Ultra Violet, do you?

I don't think anyone working on a moemon will take take on another project like that. I do not know the inherent compatibility of Pokemon UV, but I won't hoard sprites away from such projects.

25 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

There should be zero bugs with the Revival Project assuming you patched it to the right version of Firered.

I mean when I patch it on UV. Or rather when I patch UV over It because the other way around causes the game to crash.

3 hours ago, Demaar said:

I mean when I patch it on UV. Or rather when I patch UV over It because the other way around causes the game to crash.

I didn't realize those sentences were so closely related. You're going to have to use hacking to manual insert them for something like that. Occasionally, patching moemon first might work, but most hacks are too complex to work like that.

7 hours ago, Demaar said:

You don't perchance plan on doing an IPS for Pokemon - Ultra Violet, do you?

'Cause patching the Revival Project leaves it a tad buggy and patching your Fire Red IPS causes it to piss itself and die.

From the OP:

On 6/1/2015 at 2:05 AM, OtherPlayers said:

Can you put together a version for X mod? It's my favorite!

While I won't put together random versions on request (it takes a fair bit of time per version per update, even with my automation scripts), I can point you to the tools as well as give you the list of steps that you would need to do to put your own version together. It's a lot of busywork in the initial setup (it took me about 5-6 hours of work to get the first version of a mod done by hand, though it's much less for updates after that) but nothing is really harder than clicking some buttons and copy-pasting some numbers. If you would like advice on how you would go about that, drop me a PM and I'll do my best to help you out.

As stated, I don't have any plans for Ultra Violet, no. However I'd be happy to run you through the steps needed to make your own patch for it, just drop me a PM asking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wish this worked now that Unova has been added to PokeMMO, but it gives a Fatal Render Error every time I enter a battle and crashes the game... this would be perfect with the Pokemon Voices sound pack mods but it simply doesn't work properly now...

Edited by Nimbi

ah ok then... ty for the info... hopefully someone will make one for those =)

On that topic, could you possibly create an IPS Patch for the White or Black roms, and also for the HG or SS roms ?  I'd love to be able to use this mod and having the Moemon walk alongside me as well would be so cool =)

Edited by Nimbi

Just got a response from one of the admins about the bug report i put in since i said to post the log. Thye said the error should be resolved in the next client update. So it 'might' not need the white or black roms to be patched for it to work as it currently is =)

• 2 months later...

Would you be able to fix this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NmL1SHpcmxSKuxKn_gAqv16F1BMLELbz/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sm02rAeiX9NGy1KdxpKMex7zwYQN40tD/view?usp=sharing

All the numbers are bumped up and make certain pokemon in gen 3 have the wrong sprite or just this gear sprite.

I started to fix them (only the normals, not the shinies to see if I could test it) but it doesn't register as a mod... I don't exactly know code ^^;

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KDVNG0WuQdXLH_LQC0L7fssXSxKSQe_T?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Nepu said:

I'm not the OP, but using Amburger's files, I repackaged the mod with the updated numbers. Here is an updated link:

Whatever you and Amburger did it fixed some files however as you can see in the picture below its fixed Ralts but not its icon.. I guess a lot of the number are off on Pokémon MMO after the first 151 ish pokemon https://gyazo.com/3efbf45474b2d67b9f6f16b7d06dac47

Providing some rom hashes would help so people don't have to guesstimate since there are regional variations of the same game.

At least SHA-1 and SHA-256 hashes would be suitable, similar to no-intro or other databases.

Edited by Daedalus007
On 2/16/2018 at 1:41 PM, Daedalus007 said:

Providing some rom hashes would help so people don't have to guesstimate since there are regional variations of the same game.

At least SHA-1 and SHA-256 hashes would be suitable, similar to no-intro or other databases.

I can look into getting these up with/once I finish with this update to all the versions. Do you have any programs that you would suggest looking into for creating those?

On 2/20/2018 at 9:01 PM, OtherPlayers said:

I can look into getting these up with/once I finish with this update to all the versions. Do you have any programs that you would suggest looking into for creating those?

I use MultiHasher personally:
http://www.abelhadigital.com/multihasher/

But since that isn't FLOSS, anyone who's on a Linux-based distro already has built-in command line tools and stuff.  Also some others if you search around for it.  I cannot really recommend or link other alternatives if I haven't used them so up to you.  However, MultiHasher is user-friendly and has a nice GUI so that's what I use.

Edited by Daedalus007