PokeMMO - Create a Pokemon Contest 2015 // 29th June - 26th July

Concept of the Pokemon:

[spoiler]Concept Name: Reliable Spinner/Tank

Description: x Pokemon serves the purpose of functioning as a good spinner, managing to beat out the best spinblocker in the game, Rotom, while using it's good defensive typing to come in on various threats and hit with strong special attacks.

Justification: x Pokemon helps deal with the incredible presence of Stealth Rock in the format. Stealth rocks are an incredibly centralizing and dominating force in 4th gen, to the point where every lead is either trying to setup stealth rocks itself, stopping the opponent from doing so, or both. X helps decentralize this, by being a very difficult to stop spinner, as well as having good utility as a tank outside of it's role as a spinner.[/spoiler]

Typing:

[spoiler]Dark/Water

The typing, along with his ability, Volt Absorb, gives him an ideal typing for answering most Rotom forms. Beyond that, it's a good typing in general, giving him a few key resistances (Water, Fire, Ice, Steel, Dark), some less common but still exploitable weaknesses (Grass, Fighting, Bug), while not being weak to too many things. It's also an interesting spin on the Dark/Water typing, as most other pokemon on the same type are usually fairly fragile and not very good. (See: Sharpedo, Crawdaunt)

Weaknesses: Grass, Fighting, Bug.[/spoiler]

Threats:

[spoiler] X greatly threatens the Rotoms especially, as their main attacks do minimal damage, with the best they can do being to burn their opponent. Because of this, they cannot switch in to spinblock X, making it a reliable spinner. Beyond that, X can switch in on pokemon such as Metagross, Heatran, and Zapdos, leveraging it's strong special attack stat to force switches and do damage.[/spoiler]

Abilities:

[spoiler]Volt Absorb.

Volt Absorb allows the pokemon to freely take electric moves from Rotom, as well as from several other key threats such as Starmie, Zapdos, and some Jirachi sets.[/spoiler]

Stats:

[spoiler]107/65/88/100/90/50 (500 BST)

These stats help give X a good amount of longevity, while still being capable of hitting hard from the special side. To compensate for the strong physical and special bulk, however, X lacks both a reliable recovery move and good speed. At base 50 speed, most pokemon other than a few especially slow walls (Forretress, Bronzong) can outspeed.[/spoiler]

Counters:

[spoiler]Pokemon which can take a hit and scare it off/setup, such as Scizor(!), Breloom and Lucario. Beyond that, it can be pretty difficult to come in on, because of it's coverage. However, if you can predict correctly and switch in on a resisted move, a lot of pokemon can easily scare it off with a super effective move. Beyond that, while x is a spinner, his worst enemy is taking damage over time; His lack of a reliable recovery move means that while he might be able to come in a few times and spin, he can't last forever without strong support.[/spoiler]

Name: lol i dunno

Movepool and Level Up Moves List:

[spoiler]Movepool: Discharge, Surf, Waterfall, Dark Pulse, Rapid Spin, Spark, Substitute, Rest, Toxic, Hydro Pump, Sleep Talk, Attract, Brine, Bubble, Bubble Beam, Charge, Dive, Double Team, Flash, Return, Frustration, Rain Dance, Hidden Power, Protect, Shock Wave, Swagger, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Clamp, Iron Defense, Withdraw, Ancient Power, Crabhammer, Mimic, Snore, Vice Grip, Bite, Charge Beam.

Level Up Moves:

0: Bubble
0: Vice Grip
0: Withdraw
7: Spark
12: Charge
13: Water Gun
15: Bite
20: Bubblebeam
26: Rapid Spin
31: Clamp
36: Discharge
42: Crabhammer

The movepool has moves to give the pokemon the flavor that an anglerfish+hermit crab combination should have, as well as paying homage to the pokemon's electrical abilities.[/spoiler]

Art/Sprite of the Pokemon: lmao okay yeah i'll get on that

Pokedex Entries:

[spoiler]The Lampshade Pokemon

"X lures pokemon in with it's light, then discharging electricity once they get too close, paralyzing them."

"X is said to absorb the power required for keeping it's light operating from energy around it. As a result, it's entirely immune to electric attacks."

"X lives deep underwater, and aside from it's bright lure, is very difficult to tell apart from the sea floor due to it's rock like shell."[/spoiler]

No, it's not done, because I'm bad with names, I somehow need to fucking create art for no reason and any potential assistance is "a-against duh rulez" for no reason, and it needs some general polish. The stats are probably too high too.

Edited by Senile

What are these "arrow10x10.png"s that I keep finding randomly in the summaries. Were you trying to insert an image or a broken emoticon?

Also I think you tried to describe Flash Fire as it's second ability, that, along with the weaknesses, is not how it works. I'd recommend you revise your entry.

Please don't remove my post, i'm offering constructive criticism C:

Opening Thoughts: I’m not entirely sure what a “theoretically finished PokeMMO metagame” looks like. Is it simply Gen 3 Pokemon with Gen IV moves, abilities, items, and mechanics, or is it something entirely different? I’m also not too fond of Gen 4 as a whole, so with this in mind I approached my build from the standpoint of PokeMMO in its current status, and I am hoping for a pokemon that can provide the right amount of something to bring back some of our OU bans and help reduce the effect of pokemon like Gengar and Snorlax. So without further ado, I hope you enjoy my entry.

Soulder0002.jpg Frightening, am I right? DoubleJJ, #1 Handcrafted Skills.

1. PokeDex:
- Name: Soulder (sōljer)
- Type: Ghost / Steel
- Abilities: Intimidate / Sturdy
- Gender Ratio: 50% Male / 50% Female (Need equal loving)
- Egg Group: Amorphous
- Height: 3 feet (0.91 meters)
- Weight: 40 pounds (18kg)
- EV Yield: +2 Special Defense
- Species: Soulder, the Iron Ghost Pokemon
- Entries:

• Soulder’s fists are said to be as hard as any diamond known to man, while its body is even harder. It is commonly seen preying on defensless Gastly
  • Soulder may be small, but they pack a solid punch. It is believed that Soulder excavated both Victory Road and Rock Tunnel with only its fists.
  • Soulder’s diamond-hard fists and impenetrable exterior are prized for both their beauty and ability to be used for industry. Fortunately, Soulder are fiercely defensive and not a single drop of Soulder ore has ever been manufactured.

[spoiler]

• The concept of the Pokémon:
  • Name of the concept: Defensive Pivot and Support
  • General Description: Utilizing its tremendous bulk, outstanding typing, and favorable abilities, this pokemon enables the user to safely switch in to many common attacks and even force the attacker out with unique stabs and support options.
  • Justification: The mere presence of this pokemon in our current PokeMMO metagame reduces the necessity for pokemon like Snorlax and Blissey, and even helps to defend against threats like Curselax, Heracross, Metagross, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Gengar, and Salamence. It is designed to provide a safe switch in to the majority of currently overpowered threats in this game and create variety to an otherwise stale meta.

• Typing: Ghost + Steel

- Weaknesses: Fire, Ground

- Resistances: Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug (4x), Rock, Dragon, Steel

- Immunities: Normal, Fighting, Poison

- This typing also allows for immunity to Toxic, which means it is perfect for stall.

• Primary and Secondary Ability
  • Intimidate: I chose to go with Intimidate as an ability to help bolster its already strong defense. This is a scary pokemon that should intimidate even the hardest hitters with its bulk, resistances, and immunities. Intimidate opens it up to weaknesses to Earthquake since I was considering Levitate as the other option, but fortunately now it can reduce the risk of walking into a Fire Punch from say Curselax and not be defensively uber having resistances and immunities to damn near everything. Also in a random, physical sense, Soulder's are going to be part Steel-type, so how reasonable would levitating really be?
  • SturdyLike with most steel-types, Sturdy is an option. While it doesn't add much in our current meta, it enables breeders to have another sort of limitation in building this and forcing them to use the money sink ability-pill if they stumble into this nature while making it. The harder it is to obtain a poke, the better in my opinion, from an MMO standpoint. 

• Threats: This pokemon outright threatens Snorlax in almost every way. It is immune to STAB normal attacks, has the ability Intimidate to reduce attack power if Snorlax carries Fire Punch, and it can utilize its extensive movepool to force Snorlax into switching out. It also threatens Dragonite and Salamence by forcing both to run a fire-attack or EQ. It resists STAB Dragon-attacks, is immune to Fighting attacks like Superpower and Brick Break, and resists Rock Slide. All of these are common attacks on one or both of the dragons, and thus diversity in their movepool is necessary, which means they won’t have the sweeping power that they have today. It also threatens Tyranitar with its immunity to Sandstorm damage, resistance to STAB Rock Slide, and immunity to Superpower. It won’t like those incoming STAB Crunches or powerful Earthquakes, but fortunately it will only be taking neutral damage that may be at -1 if you choose to use Intimidate. It also proves to be a hard counter to Heracross, with a 4x Resistance to STAB Megahorn, Immunity to STAB Fighting-attacks, and a 2x Resistance to Rock Slide. Heracross would essentially be made useless, which could be a good or bad thing as the meta develops. Well, unless you utilize Earthquake. Over and above all, this pokemon makes for an excellent phaser and forces out set-up pokes like CM Slowbro, DD Gyarados, DD Tyranitar, etc. Toss on Spikes and you can have a better special Skarmory with fewer weaknesses and a talent for spin-blocking on its own.
  • Stats.

- HP: 90

- Attack: 90

- Defense: 100

- Special Attack: 90

- Special Defense: 100

- Speed: 65

- Total: 575

Explanation: 535 stat points felt reasonable and weren't anywhere near the base 600 gods. So first off, this thing needs to have quality defenses to take on the heavy hitters in the meta. 90/100/100 is more than enough to tank many common hits and really force those resistances into doing absolutely nothing. 252 Gengar Shadow Ball is a 4HKO with a Sassy 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpDef spread. A 252+ Tyranitar Crunch though is a 2HKO on this set, but you are immune or resist Tyranitar’s other attacks and frighten it away with Superpower. A CB 252+ Tyranitar Crunch though is a OHKO, making Intimidate a viable Ability to avoid this. With Intimidate, -1 252+ Salamence Earthquake is a 3HKO. A 0 Salamence Fire Blast is a 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. So this means, you have successfully slowed the dragons, well unless you lack Roar and they decide to use Dragon Dance. A -1 252+ Dragonite Fire Punch is also just a 3HKO. Meanwhile, STAB Fire-attacks from Charizard and Arcanine are 2HKO’s, unless we’re considering Blaze + Sun, then it’s instant death. It’s Attack and Special Attack were placed at 90 in order to obtain chances of a OHKO on Tyranitar with Superpower, and a near OHKO on Gengar with STAB Shadow Ball. The speed stat of 65 enables a -1 Nature to still outspeed Blissey (76 min speed stat with 31 IV) while not making it silly fast.

• Counters: Essentially any Fire-type is going to have a field day against this poke, which isn’t really a bad thing considering Fire-types don’t have much shine in our current meta. Immediate counters include the following:
  • Arcanine: Immense bulk, immunity to Will-o-Wisp, and access to STAB Fire-attacks make this the best counter available.
  • Charizard: See above, minus the immense bulk. Charizard alone will force this pokemon to run its phasing move, Roar, in order to prevent Belly Drum activation. Be weary of a random Shockwave though.
  • Donphan: With the return of Tyranitar you might see an increase in Donphan which would act as a two-way player to stop Soulder as well. Unfortunately, Donphan is susceptible to WoW, so it can only be considered a check.
  • Dugtrio: There needs to be options to stop this and here is one: 252 Atk Choice Band Dugtrio Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Soulder: 162-192 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. 
  • Gyarados: Gyarados may be susceptible to Will-o-Wisp and Toxic, but it has the move Taunt which can force this pokemon into becoming set-up bait for Dragon Dance. Soulder also does not resist STAB Waterfall, but it does have access to Shock Wave to frighten Gyarados. Requires scouting and overall good play.
  • Magneton: A bulky Steel-type always runs the risk of becoming fodder for Hidden Power Fire Magneton. Like Skarmory though, this pokemon can scout for Magneton using Roar. While trapping may be viewed as toxic within a meta, Magneton itself is fairly weak to a number of common pokemon and their attacks. Though HP Fife is not a OHKO, fortunately Superpower does not kill you and you can fall into Petaya Berry range. Instead of attacking first you can use Metal Sound and guarantee the kill with Petaya. Watch out for Roar though. 

• Name: Soulder (sōljer)
  • Play on the words Soul and Soldier
  • Also like with the names Scizor and Ludicolo, it is fun to sometimes mispronounce the name of a pokemon, as this will likely be referred to as Soul-derr by many.
  • Movepool and level up moves list: The movepool is intended to be as diverse as a typical Ghost while being somewhat limited as a Steel-type. With this in mind I decided to forego access to any Ice-type attacks outside of Haze and Icy Wind, which are accessible via Battle Tower, as well as any Electric-type attacks outside of Shock Wave. This way it can’t make the Dragons and Gyarados utterly worthless. It already hard counters a number of pokes so leaving it open for being a simple check on some big threats sounds benefifical. On the other hand though, it needed to have an option to stop or force a switch from Tyranitar, so it has access to Superpower. I also didn’t want this pokemon to have an uber moveset without any work considering this is an MMO. So I decided to make some of its more viable moves attainable only by breeding, TM’s, Move Tutor, or Battle Tower. Overall I think the move-pool is well rounded and provides plenty of options to support my concept. Its level up move-pool also scales up in viability and overall strength of each move as intended for PokeMMO. Now a tough decision was whether to give it the three-punch combo since it would make sense with its powerful fists, but again, Ice + Electric coverage is too good, so I dropped that idea. Calm Mind and Recover were also nixed considering Soulder is immune to Toxic and has access to perfect coverage STAB Shadow Ball + HP Fighting. This would be just too good for the meta. 

- By leveling up

Start: Pursuit

Start: Leer

Start: Hypnosis

Lvl 5: Screech

Lvl 8: Disable

Lvl 11: Astonish

Lvl 13: Confuse Ray

Lvl 16: Metal Claw

Lvl 19: Knock Off

Lvl 23: Shadow Ball

Lvl 27: Pain Split

Lvl 32: Mean Look

Lvl 34: Destiny Bond

Lvl 39: Metal Sound

Lvl 52: Spikes

Lvl 60: Iron Defense

Lvl 65: Meteor Mash

- By TM/HM

TM01: Focus Punch

TM05: Roar

TM06: Toxic

TM10: Hidden Power

TM11: Sunny Day

TM12: Taunt

TM15: Hyper Beam

TM16: Light Screen

TM17: Protect

TM18: Rain Dance

TM20: Safeguard

TM21: Frustration

TM27: Return

TM28: Dig

TM29: Psychic

TM30: Shadow Ball

TM31: Brick Break

TM32: Double Team

TM33: Reflect

TM34: Shock Wave
TM35: Flamethrower

TM38: Fire Blast

TM41: Torment

TM42: Façade

TM43: Secret Power

TM44: Rest

TM46: Thief

TM48: Skill Swap

TM49: Snatch

TM50: Overheat

HM04: Strength

HM05: Flash

HM06: Rock Smash

- By breeding (Amorphous Egg-Group)

1. Curse via Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Shuppet, Banette, Duskull, Dusclops

2. Faint Attack via Shuppet, Banette

3. Grudge via Misdreavus, Shuppet, Banette

4. Imprison via Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir

5. Memento via Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Muk

6. Perish Song via Misdreavus

- By move tutor

1. Body Slam

2. Counter

3. Dream Eater

4. Endure

5. Explosion

6. Fire Punch

7. Metronome

8. Mimic

9. Nightmare

10. Psych Up

11. Seismic Toss

12. Self-Destruct

13. Substitute

14. Superpower

15. Swagger

- By battle tower

1. Haze (10,000 BP)

2. Hyper Voice (20,000 BP)

3. Icy Wind (25,000 BP)

4. Will-o-Wisp (25,000 BP)

- By prior evolution (no prior evolution)

[/spoiler]

Swollder
- Nature: Sassy
- Ability: Intimidate
- EV Spread: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpDef
- Held Item: Leftovers
- Moveset: Shadow Ball / Superpower / Spikes / Roar

Soul-Sucker
- Nature: Impish
- EV Spread: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Moveset: Mean Look / Disable / Pain Split / Will-o-Wisp

Soul-less Stall
- Nature: Careful
- EV Spread: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpDef
- Moveset: Toxic / Recover / Taunt / Mean Look

EDIT: Updated to more align with the meta. I don't want to create something that would be banned by a fearful OU Tier Council.

- Removed access to Thunderpunch, Recover, and Calm Mind (prevented CM sweeps, prolonged stall, and an answer to Gyarados)

- Reduced Special Defense from 140 to 100 (allowed for Fire-type attacks to actually stop it)

- Removed ability Levitate to garner an additional weakness to Ground-type attacks (had too many resistances and immunities to be considered healthy)

Edited by DoubleJ

JJ that picture is adorable o/ hehe it's moustache c:

I was so nervous about the "art" portion of this that I was like no way can I win, but then I sat down with a pencil and this thing just came to me. Hahaha I'm pretty proud of my li'l Soulder. 

May not be the bestest art in the bundle, but he's mine =)

That would indeed be a cool addition to OU if it wasn't instantly banned to Ubers.

edit: Also I'm not sure if you kept in mind that Curse works differently with Ghost types on your Curse set.
edit: probably not looking at that EV spread

Shhhhhh and honestly really not sure if it would be banned or not. It's going to have a bad case of 4mss and can never cover everything. A real lack of offense and being pretty damn slow, Im thinking it could find a home. +1 Ttar Crunch eats it up as well as those repeated shadow balls. Arcanine is a free switch every time and Gyara can straight shut it down when it doesn't have tpunch which would be often.

And ya I drew it on paper lol. Note the funny grey rectangle background.

Pokedex entry

[spoiler]

No. XYZ

Type: Fire / Steel

Species: Burnace, the burning bell.

Desc: Even though it was created by the will of the evil it is a really happy Pokemon. It lives in a big group but when seperated it uses its bell to find its friends. It is a very helpful Pokemon which would sacrifice itself to rescue others.

EV Yield: 1HP 1SpDef

Height: 0.6 Meters

Weight: 139 Kilograms

Moves:

By Level:

Lvl 1 Ember

Lvl 1 Heal Bell

Lvl 11 Iron Defense

Lvl 14 Iron Tail

Lvl 18 Will-O-Wisp

Lvl 20 Cosmic Power

Lvl 29 Flamethrower

Lvl 35 Yawn

Lvl 42 Heat Wave

Lvl 47 Overheat

By TM:

TM05 Roar

TM06 Toxic

TM10 Hidden Power

TM11 Sunny Day

TM12 Taunt

TM17 Protect

TM20 Safeguard

TM30 Shadow Ball

TM38 Fire Blast

TM43 Secret Power

TM45 Attract

By Move Tutor:

Defense Curl

Mud-Slap

Fire Punch

Magic Coat

Headbutt

Metronome

Double-Edge

Bodyslam

Egg Moves:

Pursuit

Faint Attack

Fake Out

Base Stats:

140HP

30Atk

90Def

75SpAtk

130SpDef

70Speed

Total: 535

[/spoiler]

1. The concept of the Pokémon:

[spoiler]

Name of the concept: Special Wall

General Description:

A Pokemon with great defensive capabilities and a good movepool but a lack on the offensive site. It should be paired with a Wishuser because it has acces to statushealing but not normal healing moves.

Justification:

It could be a nice alternative to Blissey and Snorlax in the PokeMMO Metagame. It also has the needed typing and stats to resist the now very strong Gengar but a very limited movepool so it is easy to predict.

With these stats it has the similar defensive stats like Snorlax but is less scary offensive wise and is not strong defensive wise as Blissey. It also has no selfhealing move.

I would compare it to Ludicolo but with the ability to wall Gengar.

[/spoiler]

2. Typing:

[spoiler]

Fire / Steel

It is a very unique typing with resistance on many special moves and Toxic but with a weakness to highly used physical moves.

OAdNja0.png

[/spoiler]

3. Threats:

[spoiler]

Gengar:

Burnace resists all of Gengars special Attacking moves except Thunderbolt (Sludgebomb, Shadowball, Psychic, Gigadrain) With the recommended moveset and Ev-Spread it takes 29.1 - 34.8% dmg from a normal hasty Gengar with Focuspunch, while also being able to break the sub and fire back with Flamethrower / Shadowball. Also W-o-W activates Flash Fire.

Jolteon:

Burnace can take the stab Thunderbolt and fire back with Flamethrower. People could start running Hidden Power Ground to counter it.

Espeon:

Espeon has nothing much that can hurt Burnace, while it fires back with Shadow Ball.

Alakazam:

Similar to Espeon it can´t really hurt Burnace without Hidden Power Ground. Shadow Ball does a lot of damage.

Weezing:

Will-O-Wisp activates Flash Fire and it takes some damage from the attacking moves of Burnace. Taunt prevents it from using Pain Split.

Umbreon:

Get Toxic.

[/spoiler]

4. Ability

[spoiler]

Because it has to be an already implemented Ability I would say Flash Fire. Otherwise I would choose Heat Absorb which basically is Volt Absorb / Water Absorb for the fire type.

With Heat Absorb Burnace has access to a little but predictable healing while also getting the Fire resistance. Basically the same for Flash Fire but without the healing.

Heat Absorb would just make sense to me. Anyway. Flash Fire is a nice to have ability.

Another ability could be Illuminate which basically won´t find any usage in competitive play but it would fit to the story of Burnace because it calls it friends with the ring of its bell.

[/spoiler]

5. Recommended Moveset

[spoiler]

Shadow Ball

Flamethrower / Overheat / Will-O-Wisp

Taunt

Heal Bell / Toxic / Yawn

Ability: Flash Fire

Nature: Bold

Evs: 252hp 252Def 6SpDef

With this set it can wall a lot of special attacking Pokemon (especially Gengar) and hurt them with Shadow Ball or with a great Stab move like Flamethrower/Overheat (empowered by Flash Fire). Taunt is there to prevent Gardevoir, Alakazam and Espeon from setting up while the last moveslot is just personal preference. Either you can use Heal Bell for the statusremoval or just more statuseffect on your own. Toxic is great because it can´t get synchronized. An alternative is Protect for doubles.

[/spoiler]

6. Counters

[spoiler]

DUGTRIO! Earthquake OHKOs it.

Magneton with Hp Ground. (Or other Pokemon with Hp Ground but Magneton traps it.)

Earthquake from Aerodactyl, Metagross, Flygon and so on.

Gyarados Waterfall hurts a lot, too.

Ludicolo with Surf stops it pretty good.

While it stops alot of the special attacking Pokemon you wan´t something to stop it from walling. Also with Dugtrio and Magneton around the user of Burnace has to play really strategic to scout for Magneton/Dugtrio first.

[/spoiler]

7. Name

[spoiler]

Burnace. The name comes from the english word furnace and burn.

Burnace is the failed attempt of Team Magma to merge fire into a strong material found in meteorites. Even though it is a failed experiment it always looks happy and has a little bell which can be used to call his friends and has a calming sound. Legends say it being so calming was the reason Groudon and Kyogre fell asleep after their fight.

[/spoiler]

8. Art / Sprite of the Pokemon

[spoiler]

Br0rnqp.png

I know my paintskills aren´t the greatest but I think this is kinda cute. This is the drawstyle I used in the app DrawSomething and maybe you can imagine how Burnace should look like. The bell is supposed to come from the back. Oh Jeah and "hands" are some firepaws/fists.

[/spoiler]

Edited by xILuLu

Shhhhhh and honestly really not sure if it would be banned or not. It's going to have a bad case of 4mss and can never cover everything. A real lack of offense and being pretty damn slow, Im thinking it could find a home. +1 Ttar Crunch eats it up as well as those repeated shadow balls. Arcanine is a free switch every time and Gyara can straight shut it down when it doesn't have tpunch which would be often.

And ya I drew it on paper lol. Note the funny grey rectangle background.

0 SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD lmao: 78-92 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

You do realize this thing toxic stalls Arcanine, right? Even if you run Fire Blast, you get eaten by Toxic, and even if he doesn't Toxic you your Fire Blast can be PP stalled, or recover can be spammed until you miss. TTar can only eat things if it manages to come in without being crippled or outright dead. Gyarados, again, can only "shut it down" if it comes in on a move which doesn't poop all over it.

Yeah, it can't run everything, but it doesn't matter what it runs because once you finish scouting it out anyway your team has been pretty fucked up, and you still can't kill the damn thing because it's typing is insane, it's abilities are insane, it's stats are insane, and it has Recover so that it's absolutely immortal. It can do literally everything, it never dies, it resists/is immune to everything, it has a potential move for everything that can come in, even the fire types that are supposed to be free switchins can't actually hurt the damn thing, it spinblocks, sets up spikes, AND beats every rapid spinner, etc.

Also, I wouldn't call 90/90 offenses and coverage for every potential threat "lack of offense". It has everything it needs and more; There's no way to answer this thing, because by the time you've scouted it it's done all the damage it needs to, especially since it sets up Spikes that the opponent has basically no way to deal with because it blocks every spinner in the game anyway and never dies. Being a spike setter which stops every opportunity to rapid spin is good enough on it's own, everything else it can do just makes sure that nothing can safely threaten it, much less do enough damage to cripple it through the Recover wall.

0 SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD lmao: 78-92 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

You do realize this thing toxic stalls Arcanine, right? Even if you run Fire Blast, you get eaten by Toxic, and even if he doesn't Toxic you your Fire Blast can be PP stalled, or recover can be spammed until you miss. TTar can only eat things if it manages to come in without being crippled or outright dead. Gyarados, again, can only "shut it down" if it comes in on a move which doesn't poop all over it.

Yeah, it can't run everything, but it doesn't matter what it runs because once you finish scouting it out anyway your team has been pretty fucked up, and you still can't kill the damn thing because it's typing is insane, it's abilities are insane, it's stats are insane, and it has Recover so that it's absolutely undying. It can do literally everything, it never dies, it resists/is immune to everything, it has a potential move for everything that can come in, even the fire types that are supposed to be free switchins can't actually hurt the damn thing, it spinblocks, sets up spikes, AND beats every rapid spinner, etc.

Also, I wouldn't call 90/90 offenses and coverage for every potential threat "lack of offense". It has everything it needs and more; There's no way to answer this thing, because by the time you've scouted it it's done all the damage it needs to, especially since it sets up Spikes that the opponent has basically no way to deal with because it blocks every spinner in the game anyway and never dies. Being a spike setter which stops every opportunity to rapid spin is good enough on it's own, everything else it can do just makes sure that nothing can safely threaten it, much less do enough damage to cripple it through the Recover wall.

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a good argument! The whole Rapid Spin blocking idea never really popped up into my head, and thus you make a very valid point. I've been tinkering with it a bit on the side, so there will be some changes made before the end of this contest. 

Anyhoos, I love that my pokemon has garnered so much attention and has even elicited discussion relating it to our tier =)

EDIT: And on another note, maybe this just means the meta will shift and pokes like Arcanine will need to have special attack investment and forego physical movesets since Soulder is now one of the better Gengar checks. 

252+ SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 100+ SpD Soulder: 96-114 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- 41.4 % Chance to 2HKO after leftovers recovery
Edited by DoubleJ

472887202.png

Created By Paint in my pc :)

Name in FR //  Darmustik / Dar * Dard du moustique  / Mustik * reference au moustique .(jeu de mots)

Moskisting / referenc Moski of mosquito and his Sting.

The Pokemon Mosquito
 Fly / Bug

Not being a comfortable day Moskisting is alot more present and also more combative night.
It is fed by biting other pokemons during sleep and absorbs their vital energy with the help of his sharp sting.

Concepte:
Family of insects Moskisting pkm is the same competence of other flying insect pkm out on the fact that it is more aggressive and more suited to fight at night.

Can be with a bonus of 10% of these attacks has dgts during nightfall.

It would be based on a high speed and special attack based on the life energy drain, with can of points but an energy boost in the form of pv restored most important, can be with an Ability in line with this idea .

His interest would be able to use both Moves drain life and who would sleep better at night such as + 10% dgt of drain life Moves and Accuracy +10 Attack skill as hypnosis or Powder sleep overnight.

Flight type and insect seems appropriate because the poison would be frowned upon for such a mosquito which fed on the energy of these victims, if so poison the energy drain would moin interessente.

For the threat, I think the type of Pokemon Battles are most targeted are giving our Moskisting Flight type and the fact that the humanoids are more attractive to our pokemon draining of life than other :)

For Talents I would see:

Compound eye: if that would increase the accuracy of these attacks and the attack Hypnosis is a real advantage that would give the thread a twist to the other Pokemon, which would increase still more night for a total of 100% at night.

Technician: if that would adapt to the use of these types Insect attacks for energy drain and thus win him over pv.

The Caracts:
Hp Basic stats: 55
Base 45 Atk stats
Def Basic stats: 45
Sp atk Basic stats: 80
Sp def Basic stats: 65
Speed ​​base stats: 100

Thus based on a fast speed, greater than other sp ATK stats and Hp not too high to build rapport and drain pv base hp and a sp def reasonable to counter the effects of a drain to also his life that seems logical.

Moskisting may countered fighting or water type pkm, if left in the minds of the mosquito seeking to survive naturally by feeding on the energy of pkm around bodies of water like the little lake and also humanoids because it is their preferred energy.

For Moves:
Vampirism / sharp attack / Vol-life / leech mega / giga-leech / hypnosis / Dard cloud / Double Dard / Aéropique / picpic / silver / wind power.

lv 1 to 5 Vampirism
lv 6 Power
lv 7 Vive attack
lv 9 Vol life
lv 11 Dard cloud
lv 12 Double dart
lv 15 Aéropique
lv 20 Picpic
lv 22 Mega-leech
lv 25 Hypnose
lv 26 Giga-leech
lv 30 Silver Wind

More various Moves can have the type of insect pkm game like CT and CS and I would not mind a single Egg Special Move as:

Vampidard: Type the insect to stab with 60dgt 100accu with Ability Technician would be profitable to reverse the Ability Eye would therefore be composed moin well for a variety can with other possibilities. The Move'd like but in giga-leech-type insect therefore more effective for Moskisting.

I am sorry for my English but i'm French and I do not write very good English...

I hope that you enjoy this pokemon Inventing !! :)

By and thank you !!

Edited by Python666

I advice you to change your art because it's clearly copied on the yanma spirit

Yanma-OA.png

Thank you for remark , i Change my arts for one basic works with the ideal to My pkm Moskisting :)

And i correct the pkm name in my text to write him an english.

Thank you and good luck to every one !!

lv 1 to 5 Vampirism
lv 6 Power                      Focus energy
lv 7 Vive attack              Quick attack
lv 9 Vol life                       Leech Life
lv 11 Dard cloud            idk
lv 12 Double dart           Twineedle
lv 15 Aéropique             Aerial ace
lv 20 Picpic                     peck
lv 22 Mega-leech          Mega drain?
lv 25 Hypnose               Hypnosis
lv 26 Giga-leech            Giga Drain?
lv 30 Silver Wind

traduced moves from French,

@Python666

and please, stop using Google translate, it's only viable for translate one alone word